• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.EM1

B9QzpMgCAAERX64.png

Machete?! O_O

Nah look at that: M4, Mosin, SCAR, AK102.

Real weapons!

But wow a machete...that's interesting.

I've been thinking it all along.

Maybe Kojima wants to show off the work from his creative team, so they show off the fake weapons more than the real ones.
Real world weapons and faux weapons? Kojima is confusing me even more. lol

If true, I'll still be happy. Need me an M4!

Hope you're right LD i know folks who find MGS games hard but fascinating somehow lol they never bother to try. Like i got cousins and friends who only play Cod and NBA 2k i be like wtf bros y'all missing out but this generation of gamers want instant gratification.

Hahaha! Yeah, man. Pathetic. Like all the whining about MGS controls just tells me that the one complaining would rather complain than adapt. I think Bloodborne will be plenty challenging, so no worries!

Real world weapons and faux weapons? Kojima is confusing me even more. lol

If true, I'll still be happy. Need me an M4!

It should be noted that devs use real world weapon names to avoid confusion. But would be cool, if so!

Do you guys thinks that MGSV would warrant a PS4 buy alongside TLOU and Uncharted 4? I've been thinking about getting one but am unsure because I already have a Xbox One, but I know most of you guys are on PS4.

Well, if you follow my rule in console generations is that MGS is always a system seller for me. I bought a PS3 for MGS4 as i'm sure many did and was not disappointed one bit by the game as well as the system itself.

If they somehow don't cover the Gray Fox/Naomi event from the timeline that overlaps with everything going on in MGSV then I hope they at least consider doing some story DLC or something that includes them down the road. It would be such a missed opportunity for TPP not to include them considering the african setting, time period and everything is already there... and you could easily create a mission involving those characters with the assets and backdrop that is in the game already even if they realized it too late.

I'm not saying the game should just pander and include every sort of fanservice encounter like MGS4 did, but Naomi/Gray Fox meeting Big Boss in 80s Africa is different in that it's actually already established and we know it happened... so for it to be omitted would be a little baffling and disappointing. We know (or at least it's generally believed) he did it before creating Outer Heaven at least, and we know Big Boss is going to create Outer Heaven in this game so to not have it happen in between would feel like a retcon.

Shy

i've always loved hot toys stuff. but i hate how they designed the boss's face.
IMO i doesn't look like her at all.

Hopefully we get some of this with the Machete.

ihhDnP9FOgPcR.gif

250$ - 300$ a piece but so worth it.

I've paid that for a couple of HT Batmen but yeah, totally worth it for a collector, there's nothing near their level of quality.

I always hated that they never made a jungle fatigues Naked Snake, they only made a sneaking suit version and it just didn't look nearly as good as it could have IMO.

But a Hot Toys venom snake? With the scarf and goggles? Not gonna be able to resist that, no way jose.

Akiller

I only have a WiiU, but i'm saving money to build a PC so i'll get it on Steam.
Nah , probably i Will not resist and i'll get it on PS3 first >_<

Palpable

My entry for Donna Burke's contest.
I know I'm not part of this community but if I win I'll ask her to record something for MGS-GAF or OuterGAF, you'll tell me what. Your perseverance in waiting a release date should be rewarded lol.

Really good video. I didn't know there was video footage of her singing Sins of the Father. Source? EDIT: Realized it's from the contest video.

And if you're an MGS fan, you're a part of this community.

Lernaean

Banned
never played any of the souls games..hopefully i don't get frustrated with Bloodborne.

People can blow the difficulty of these games out of proportion. Souls games are challenging, for sure, but it seems like they are trying to make this game more accessible (that's what I gather, anyway). It will be fun, regardless!

Souls games are not hard at all, and I'm very serious here. They just require you to think before acting and study the enemy paterns. While you're learning all that, you'll get your ass handed many times, no doubt about it, but once you commit yourself and learn how to deal with every encounter, it's just fun and games.
I'm sure a MGS player, who by definition is a gamer who thinks before acting and studies enemy behavior and encounters, will have no problem with any Souls game, no matter how fundamentally different they are.

My entry for Donna Burke's contest.
I know I'm not part of this community but if I win I'll ask her to record something for MGS-GAF or OuterGAF, you'll tell me what. Your perseverance in waiting a release date should be rewarded lol.

And if you're an MGS fan, you're a part of this community.

Souls games are not hard at all, and I'm very serious here. They just require you to think before acting and study the enemy paterns. While you're learning all that, you'll get your ass handed many times, no doubt about it, but once you commit yourself and learn how to deal with every encounter, it's just fun and games.
I'm sure a MGS player, who by definition is a gamer who thinks before acting and studies enemy behavior and encounters, will have no problem with any Souls game, no matter how fundamentally different they are.

Couldn't agree more. Well said.

Mifec

Once upon a time I was impatient and I got the ps3 version of DS2, then I played the PC version and I knew in that moment that if I ever played a 30fps souls game again my life would have no meaning, I would be just another nameless genome solider instead of maybe one day reaching the heights Liquid and Solid attained, one day being the man I was meant to be, the man to surpass Big Boss.

Rajang

Yeah, I agree.

I think the difficulty of the Souls games are way overblown. The majority will find it difficult because all they play is overly streamlined/simplified games that are catered to casual crowd with very little challenge. You don't even need to think anymore in most modern games.

I mostly died in the Souls games because of the environments and the stalking enemies. There is danger around every corner and that was something I really needed to get used to. It's like the designer really wants to try and kill you every few screens. I didn't have much trouble with the bossfights at all but that was because I'm used to first and second gen Monster Hunter games and those games are quite brutal in the later HR's. And also the fact that you have huge invincibility frames during rolls, which makes it easy to dodge every attack by rolling.

Salaadin

I wish they sold these unpainted. I think they look cooler that way for some reason.

When did the price of these things go up? I could swear that Ground Zeroes Snake was 79.99 at NYCC but the online store lists it as 99.99. I paid 99.99 for the Bronze TPP Snake.
I see Skullface and Quiet are slated for this year at 99.99 too.

What do you guys expect to see in the collectors edition?

- Steelbook case featuring artwork by Yoji Shinkawa
- Plush DD
- Soundtrack [sample] featuring tracks from Harry Gregson-Williams and Ludwig Forsell
- Making of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain Blu-Ray
- Deluxe presentation box
- Prosthetic arm [different retailers may have different colored variants]
- FOX and Diamond Dogs sticker and patch set

There could possibly be tiers of packages, like a Collector's Edition and then a Limited Edition that has all the CE merchandise and then adds some really rare stuff to whet your collecting appetite.

Shy

- Plush DD
- Soundtrack [sample] featuring tracks from Harry Gregson-Williams and Ludwig Forsell

There could possibly be tiers of packages, like a Collector's Edition and then a Limited Edition that has all the CE merchandise and then adds some really rare stuff to whet your collecting appetite.
that would be a cool boxset.

now. as for the bolded. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. NONE OF THAT RETAILER EXCLUSIVE BOLLOCKS

Salaadin

What do you guys expect to see in the collectors edition?

I really want a Steelbook with Shinkawa art but I really dont want them to do it like Rising did where they send you the regular case and the Steelbook.

Art Books are always great

Something collectible but cool. Character statues are overdone. Trading cards are lame. I like the prosthetic limb idea but itd be nice if there was a functional use for it.

Soundtrack for sure.

- Plush DD

I never knew how much I wanted a plush DD.

- Plush DD

wonder how much would it cost? btw no Gun metal ps4?

Dawg

MGSV CE will be the first* CE I ever buy. =)

*My ME3 purchase doesn't count. It's dark history.

It might be the first Japanese CE I'll import.

Looking at the history of MGS, Japan usually gets the superior CE :$ Then again, it might be the same for every country now.

SolidSnake305

Neo Member
I speculate that part of the details Tora is referencing to involve the CE's geographical locations basically what country gets what, how many CE will be made, which may include the robotic arm, and how and when all these goodies could be produced by the release date.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
My fear about a CE is that the PC version doesn't get one, so I'm screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom