• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OLGA FIGURE REVEALED AT WONDER FESTIVAL 2015?!?! O_O

B9TFAGRCEAE-JAF.jpg

So I was thinking about something, what if Huey designed that new Metal Gear and Big Boss teams up with Skullface just to get Huey so they can interrogate him about Skullface and his crew, the new Metal Gear, what happened at Mother Base, etc...

Or probably not.

So I was thinking about something, what if Huey designed that new Metal Gear and Big Boss teams up with Skullface just to get Huey so they can interrogate him about Skullface and his crew, the new Metal Gear, what happened at Mother Base, etc...

Or probably not.

Wait what? Big Boss teams up with Skull Face to interrogate him about Skull Face?

Rean

Or probably not.
I don't think so. Skullface might be using Huey, which is why Huey lied about the inspection during Ground Zeroes though.

Shy

I don't think so. Skullface might be using Huey, which is why Huey lied about the inspection during Ground Zeroes though.
i'm gonna keep saying this till i'm blue in the face.
huey is NOT working with skullface, and did NOT lie about the inspection.

that whole story thread is a red hearing.

Wait what? Big Boss teams up with Skull Face to interrogate him about Skull Face?

Big Boss teams up with Skullface as a ruse to kidnap Huey to interrogate him about the new Metal Gear, Skullface, leads on Cypher.

Like I said probably not, I kind of want to think Huey was just making a huge mistake and couldn't see through Skullface's ruse in his desperate want of legitimacy for MSF. A patsy if you will.

Big Boss teams up with Skullface as a ruse to kidnap Huey to interrogate him about the new Metal Gear, Skullface, leads on Cypher.

Like I said probably not, I kind of want to think Huey was just making a huge mistake and couldn't see through Skullface's ruse in his desperate want of legitimacy for MSF. A patsy if you will.

Ah, now I understand. I actually kinda like the idea that Huey betrayed them for possibly saving Strangelove.

MGSV Launch Trailer (5/4/2015, a day before release): 2D sprites from MSX title bosses appear in a row, transform into Fox Engine renders. Trailer reveals that MSX bosses are actually characters we recognize from Big Boss era titles such as MGS3, MGSPO, and MGSPW.

Shotmaker is Quiet
Machinegun Kid is Chico
(Both go on to perform a fusion dance and become Shotmaking Machine Kid. Chico is Quiet, after all. Kojimaaaaa.gif)
Fire Trooper is The Phantom Fury

The trailer is met with mixed reception as no one knows what the fuck is going on or who the shit Machinegun Kid is and/or why they should care.

Later that day, at 5:55PM EST, David Hayter would announce his return to the iconic franchise via Twitter.

@DavidBHayter: Kept you waiting, huh?
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Kojima, Sutherland, and Konami Retweet

NeoGAF's Metal Gear community loses their shit. Sn4ke_911 starts a thread, Dawg starts a thread, and Batzi watches from the sidelines as he is banned for spamming a gif image of a man polishing a wooden knob in a thread created after the trailer's release earlier in the day.

Hmm i see a tail >_>

It's a sword.

61TP1eSGdYL._SL1000_.jpg

MGSV Launch Trailer (5/4/2015, a day before release): 2D sprites from MSX title bosses appear in a row, transform into Fox Engine renders. Trailer reveals that MSX bosses are actually characters we recognize from Big Boss era titles such as MGS3, MGSPO, and MGSPW.

Shotmaker is Quiet
Machinegun Kid is Chico
(Both go on to perform a fusion dance and become Shotmaking Machine Kid. Chico is Quiet, after all. Kojimaaaaa.gif)
Fire Trooper is The Phantom Fury

The trailer is met with mixed reception as no one knows what the fuck is going on or who the shit Machinegun Kid is and/or why they should care.

Later that day, at 5:55PM EST, David Hayter would announce his return to the iconic franchise via Twitter.

@DavidBHayter: Kept you waiting, huh?
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

Kojima, Sutherland, and Konami Retweet

NeoGAF's Metal Gear community loses their shit. Sn4ke_911 starts a thread, Dawg starts a thread, and Batzi watches from the sidelines as he is banned for spamming a gif image of a man polishing a wooden knob in a thread created after the trailer's release earlier in the day.

0e3.png

Palpable

Remember; ZEKE was on the sea floor along with the nuke. I doubt Skull Face & company thought to look down there during their attack. Or maybe they did & Skull Face is in possesion of ZEKE/Nuke?

Alienous

Remember; ZEKE was on the sea floor along with the nuke. I doubt Skull Face & company thought to look down there during their attack. Or maybe they did & Skull Face is in possesion of ZEKE/Nuke?

The fact that Huey is alive when pretty much everyone else at MSF gets killed means one of two things, I think.

1. Either he hides out with ZEKE on the sea floor.
2. He goes with Skull Face, presumably giving up ZEKE too.

The fact that Huey is alive when pretty much everyone else at MSF gets killed means one of two things, I think.

1. Either he hides out with ZEKE on the sea floor.
2. He goes with Skull Face, presumably giving up ZEKE too.

3. He did the Otacon thing all over again.

metal-gear-awesome-2-otacon-o.gif

DevilFox

Really good video. I didn't know there was video footage of her singing Sins of the Father. Source? EDIT: Realized it's from the contest video.

And if you're an MGS fan, you're a part of this community.
Oh, good then :D

tumblr_lkcaniD5H01qcq2vho1_500.gif

Donna Burke's clips come from the contest playlist, yep.

Soooo much merchandise, holy fuck.

They're going heavy this time, I didn't remember all this stuff for the previous MGS games. This time we even have clothing and watches.

I think you might need to wait until you are a member to get a username change system error!

I think

Edit never mind! Just don't get banned in the meantime :p

I think you might need to wait until you are a member to get a username change system error!

I think

Edit never mind! Just don't get banned in the meantime :p

System Error said:
Kagari said:
System Error said:
Greetings, Kagari.

You are a pretty active mod. So I thought, I might ask you this.
I would like to change my username to " " (without the quotation marks but with the space between those words, like my current username is). Don't worry, after that change I wouldn't ask for a username change ever again. :)

If this won't be possible because I am still a junior member, I'd be fine waiting until I am a member.

Thank you in advance!

Sure thing, I'll put in the request and you should see it take effect within a couple days.

Oww.. You are the best, thank you very much. Love you! ♥‿♥

I've removed that name, before someone else signs up with it.

<-------- Paranoid cat right here. &#4314;(&#3232;&#30410;&#3232;)&#4314;

I've just created something. Outer GAF will probably hate me for that...

But that's totally worth it! (&#3232;&#8255;&#3232;)

Though I post it after my name got changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom