• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3 questions

1.Any plans to port over the other Suikoden games ?
2.Are you guys pleased with the sales of the first 2 suikoden games on PSN?
3 Will this lead to a new suikoden ?

smug.gif

Sorry for the delayed response.

1. Man, I hope so. Nothing official to report though.
2. Can't speak to that.
3. Definitely can't speak to that.

Palpable

Imagine us as Tom Cruise keeping up the momentum of hype. The glass pane represents setbacks and the fucking chair represents Kojima's trolling.

jvi3zGX.gif

Akiller

Welcome back Jay!:D
Now come back posting on the cuhhraizy speculation thread(not this one, the other one).

@LD awesome work as Always.

Rajang

The guy who did the legendary MGS2 essay uploaded a full Big Boss playthrough of MGS2 where he gives some tips and talks about philosophical shit. It's pretty cool.

Awesome. I want to do a BB run with MGS2 one day, might use some of his tactics. I already did MGS1, MGS3, MGS4. But MGS2 is just on another level in terms of difficulty. One day...

Imagine us as Tom Cruise keeping up the momentum of hype. The glass pane represents setbacks and the fucking chair represents Kojima's trolling.

jvi3zGX.gif

lol

I love Collateral. I really like the character Vincent.

Vincent: Get with it. Millions of galaxies of hundreds of millions of stars, in a speck on one in a blink. That's us, lost in space. The cop, you, me... Who notices?

After the first hit
Vincent: Max, six billion people on the planet, you're getting bent out of shape cause of one fat guy.
Max: Well, who was he?
Vincent: What do you care? Have you ever heard of Rwanda?
Max: Yes, I know Rwanda.
Vincent: Well, tens of thousands killed before sundown. Nobody's killed people that fast since Nagasaki and Hiroshima. Did you bat an eye, Max?
Max: What?
Vincent: Did you join Amnesty International, Oxfam, Save the Whales, Greenpeace, or something? No. I off one fat Angelino and you throw a hissy fit.
Max: Man, I don't know any Rwandans.
Vincent: You don't know the guy in the trunk, either.

Chinner

Banned
Jesus, that's an embarrassing stretch of "truth". I wonder if I'm gonna get a stern talking to tomorrow. Right, well, if I get censured, ya'll know why now.

Because apparently I'm an "exec" now.

Tora, do you know in Phantom Pain if the mission trials will have a trial such as fastest completion without reflex?

At the moment in GZ we have fastest completion, no stealth etc... but reflex is a huge variable in itself that allows for more dynamic game styles.

Dawg

I haven't had much time to work on the OT this weekend, but I did go back and touch up Solid Snake's character profile (added some Shinkawa art and removed Kiefer, :lol):

n5iEIgQ.png

I'll have more time tomorrow and should be able to knock out Raiden and Big Boss'! Then to finish off the "Games" section shortly after.

Just wondering, where did you get all these transparent renders? ;-;

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Damn, it was bullet-proof.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

B9aJNRhCEAAtlCn.jpg

I haven't had much time to work on the OT this weekend, but I did go back and touch up Solid Snake's character profile (added some Shinkawa art and removed Kiefer, :lol):

n5iEIgQ.png

I'll have more time tomorrow and should be able to knock out Raiden and Big Boss'! Then to finish off the "Games" section shortly after.

Wow! Fantastic work as always LD.

but you forgot MGSV's Solid Snake.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

am46u_dcqaaxau4.jpglan7uki.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Where is this from? I need this on my mantel!

Kojima posted this a few months before they revealed MGSV.

He also gave an interview saying he's not done yet with Solid Snake.

2014-09-1418_36_22-ko47ug0.png

Solid Snake (voiced by David Hayter) is in MGSV lads, BELIEVE it.

brau

Kojima posted this a few months before they revealed MGSV.

He also gave an interview saying he's not done yet with Solid Snake.

Solid Snake (voiced by David Hayter) is in MGSV lads, BELIEVE it.

Would this have more to do with the fact that he wants people to do a remake of any of the other MGS?

Dawg

They aren't all transparent-- in fact, most of them have backgrounds. ;_; I edited them up quite a bit to remove the backgrounds!

Thank you, S4nic! You got me!! :lol :lol

I usually use that photoshop tool to remove the backgrounds but in most cases it selects too much. Only works well if the background is a single color and different from the render :[

I usually use that photoshop tool to remove the backgrounds but in most cases it selects too much. Only works well if the background is a single color and different from the render :[

If you use the selection tool, you are able to set the tolerance. That way you can increase/decrease the amount of color range it should select.

brau

If you use the selection tool, you are able to set the tolerance. That way you can increase/decrease the amount of color range it should select.

It also depends on the quality of the img. You'll get a better selection if you have more dpi. if not, you'll get some bleeding. Also, with the tolerance setting you might not always get the best result with low res imgs. Thats when you have to go edit it with the mask or eraser tool, and sometimes even paint and fill in the gaps with a brush.

At least that is what i do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom