• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

I think some targets will be too high value or too injured to risk Fultoning, and Miller would be both. You could be right about first mission being completely without Fulton too, Peace Walker did the same I think? Maybe vehicles and crate fultons require extra development too, demos can be misleading.

Hehe, I was actually going to say this! But then I realized... it doesn't even matter. You probably can't use fulton on anyone yet.

I'm pretty sure there are in-game cinematics bound to saving Kaz too so no way you can fulton him.

insta92226.gif

I still remember Batzi and someone else insisting we'd get another trailer at TGS on the 3rd or 4th day... that Kiefer wasn't referring to that Quiet clip :smugface:

Agreed. I like Fulton but GZ really showed what a tense rescue mission without fulton had the potential to be like, now we have a proper body carrying mechanic and not the drag to the truck stuff from MPO. It would be a shame to have that rendered pointless in TPP. I'm definitely not rescuing Miller with fulton after the E3 trailer.

this is the exact reason i will not be using the fulton

Dawg

all you "no fulton" purists are gonna regret it when I enter yo base with my 100 wolves army, all of which I fultoned off the battlefield

Hehe, I was actually going to say this! But then I realized... it doesn't even matter. You probably can't use fulton on anyone yet.

I'm pretty sure there are in-game cinematics bound to saving Kaz too so no way you can fulton him.

Kaz is a definite no fulton case either way. He will be passenger to my highspeed jeep chase and he will like it.

Rajang

this is the exact reason i will not be using the fulton

lol good luck with that. Fulton / base building is crucial to the game.

You won't be able to progress the story, unless you're going to carry soldiers 1 by 1 to the chopper. This game is basically Peace Walker 2 in Fox Engine with improved gameplay.

I have a feeling Fulton isn't introduced as early as the Kaz rescue mission in the actual game.

Maybe not even the Mother Base mechanic in general considering the whole "You see this? Diamond Dogs, our new home..." dialogue from Miller which seems to take place in the cutscene after the rescue but then there's the whole Snake's muscle atrophy argument I won't get into lol.

What's that sound they make on Koji Sta sometimes? They were making it a lot during TGS. It's like they had just busted a nut or something.

HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H-HHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

What's that sound they make on Koji Sta sometimes? They were making it a lot during TGS. It's like they had just busted a nut or something.

HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H-HHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH

I thought that was Sins of the Father

There was that TGS presenter guy with the hat going HA HI HU HE HO every time someone said something, it must make sense in Japanese.

JayEH

I have a feeling Fulton isn't introduced as early as the Kaz rescue mission in the actual game.

Maybe not even the Mother Base mechanic in general considering the whole "You see this? Diamond Dogs, our new home..." dialogue from Miller which seems to take place in the cutscene after the rescue but then there's the whole Snake's muscle atrophy argument I won't get into lol.

Yeah I've always figured the stuff in the demo had a bunch of things that you wouldn't have in the game at that point. Boss is probably introduced to Mother Base by Ocelot since he does end up taking Miller there after he gets rescued.

JayEH

We should rewatch the TGS stream to find it!

Oh god. Everyone has new faces. Where did I go? Where have I been? Did everyone saw their noses off and cut off their ears and inject themselves with someone else's blood!?

That's how you get Fox Die

Around this time in 2013 we had Kojima going to GDC to reveal an awesome trailer and pulling the curtain away from the Moby Dick ruse to look forward to. I think Geoff Keighley teased Moby Dick visiting GDC and Kojima himself said he was going around this time as well. The same time in 2014 we actually had Ground Zeroes itself releasing to keep us occupied which speaks for itself.

Both of those could have easily been dry periods with no info but we got lucky due to the pressure. I think this year though, us Metal Gear fans are really feeling the effects of having no where that Kojima is actually "expected" to appear to make an announcement until E3... coupled with the lack of a release date in sight that is long overdue just makes it really frustrating. I think we're all just crossing our fingers that they drop a bomb on us and that the game doesn't release too late in the year.

JayEH

Around this time in 2013 we had Kojima going to GDC to reveal an awesome trailer and pulling the curtain away from the Moby Dick ruse to look forward to. I think Geoff Keighley teased Moby Dick visiting GDC and Kojima himself said he was going around this time as well. The same time in 2014 we actually had Ground Zeroes itself releasing to keep us occupied which speaks for itself.

Both of those could have easily been dry periods with no info but we got lucky due to the pressure. I think this year though, us Metal Gear fans are really feeling the effects of having no where that Kojima is actually "expected" to appear to make an announcement until E3... coupled with the lack of a release date in sight that is long overdue just makes it really frustrating. I think we're all just crossing our fingers that they drop a bomb on us and that the game doesn't release too late in the year.

We just gotta hope for that random press release...

When the time comes....I will pull the trigger.

So good.

We're about 1 month away from the CG Joakim Mogren 2 year anniversary.

True! Yeah, I think we'll get one soon. It may not be at an event (I don't really expect it to be anymore, honestly). Kojima and ToraShiro have been saying that they'll scream it for the world to hear. So, I think he's actually just going to say "We're announcing the release date (on this day)," and proceed to announce it on said day. Would be kinda hilarious, as all we've done for the past year or two is try and guess when we would get a release date!

This scene alone makes this GOTY.

tumblr_ncm1cyY4O01s6ub5do3_500.gif

When the time comes....I will pull the trigger.

When the time comes... So will V.

Hahahahaha.

ooooooohhhhooooohohohoo.

HUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!! (God, I've gotta find that. Haha!)

I'm not sure which of the sounds you mean :lol

Can't find the file anymore, but I remember Kojima doing the Sins of The Father "Whoooooooohooaaaaaahhh" :lol

I remember he did it when they used the cigar after the rain in one of the TGS demos. I think... but there might have been other times.

JayEH

Can't find the file anymore, but I remember Kojima doing the Sins of The Father "Whoooooooohooaaaaaahhh" :lol

He probably did it that one night he was clearly drunk. You know the one where they had to take the soundboard away lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom