• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
15 pages left
class%20clipart.jpg

you one smug mothafucka jimmy

You've seen nothing. I did some pretty horrific stuff in that playthrough... as a Kojima fan I felt dirty afterwards so I'm never uploading it. Needless to say he trolled me even in death. And all the other things I did to desecrate his corpse that evening when I was taking out my frustration over lack of a release date.

Choomp

Banned
why I'm getting FF Type-0 HD day 1:

maxresdefault.jpg

Oh shit that's what it was, LD posted something about this guy and so did someone else and there was some sort of joke on tumblr about it. I oughta look through my likes on there and see if I can find it.

Yo, Noctis. How would you say the Final Fantasy community is around here?

You've seen nothing. I did some pretty horrific stuff in that playthrough... as a Kojima fan I felt dirty afterwards so I'm never uploading it. Needless to say he trolled me even in death. And all the other things I did to desecrate his corpse that evening when I was taking out my frustration over lack of a release date.

Man, I've gotta see that!!!!

Oh shit that's what it was, LD posted something about this guy and so did someone else and there was some sort of joke on tumblr about it. I oughta look through my likes on there and see if I can find it.

Hahaha! Oh, man, I hope you find it!!! ;_;

This is all i'll show and we'll leave it at that.

http://i.imgur.com/pi9eFNx.jpg

:p

HAHAHA! :lol NICE!

Good question. I spend all my time just refreshing here. I could get down on some FF lovin' too.

Yeah! It's one of those franchises that I've sort of always played but never really dived into as much as I've wanted to. I played through VII as a kid with a friend (sort of). Basically, I missed everything on the 2nd disc! :lol But I always appreciated what amazing games they were. I want to finish up X, then go back and play VII-IX, X-2, XII, XIII trilogy. And VI, of course.

IX is my favourite Final Fantasy. I've also played through IV, VI, VII, VIII, X and XII. Haven't touched any of the others, I've heard V and Tactics are great though so I should probably get around to that.

Yeah! It's one of those franchises that I've sort of always played but never really dived into as much as I've wanted to. I played through VII as a kid with a friend (sort of). Basically, I missed everything on the 2nd disc! :lol But I always appreciated what amazing games they were. I want to finish up X, then go back and play VII-IX, X-2, XII, XIII trilogy. And VI, of course.

Ditto. I've played lot of them, though in retrospect I don't even know if I've finished a single one besides watching my friend play through X. Chrono Trigger was my obsession when I was younger, but I just never finished a FF. I need to jump back in. I played most of disc 1 of IX and it was pretty fantastic. Haven't touched VIII though, so maybe I'll start there!

IX is my favourite Final Fantasy. I've also played through IV, VI, VII, VIII, X and XII. Haven't touched any of the others, I've heard V and Tactics are great though so I should probably get around to that.

Yeah! I played a bit of quite a few of them. I've spent the most time with VII and X. XII, I watched a friend play but I was following what was going on so that was a lot of fun! I just want to play them all before it's all said and done. X is awesome so far, and I just made it to the Thunder Plains, so hoping to knock it out soon!

Ditto. I've played lot of them, though in retrospect I don't even know if I've finished a single one besides watching my friend play through X. Chrono Trigger was my obsession when I was younger, but I just never finished a FF. I need to jump back in. I played most of disc 1 of IX and it was pretty fantastic. Haven't touched VIII though, so maybe I'll start there!

Ah, yeah! I gotcha. I need to play that, too, ugh. ;_; Yeah, it's been long enough since I played VII that I feel I can go into it again and feel like I am playing for the first time. May wait for PS4 release, may just play it on Steam, I donno! But I wanna knock some out before Type-0 and XV!

you sunk my battleship

id sink ur battleship any tiem mistr
x

Dawg

guy????????????????????

BRUH THATS A WOMAN

you sunk my battleship

Better than sinking your Airship!

Ah, yeah! I gotcha. I need to play that, too, ugh. ;_; Yeah, it's been long enough since I played VII that I feel I can go into it again and feel like I am playing for the first time. May wait for PS4 release, may just play it on Steam, I donno! But I wanna knock some out before Type-0 and XV!

How fast can you play a weighty game like that? Say... 40 hours with no side quests. I'm pretty awful at sticking with one game and knocking it out

Choomp

Banned
Well, I don't know what I'm doing anymore. You're to blame for all of this, MGSGAF. Remember, I'm here forever.

Honestly I'm only posting this cause I wasted like 20 minutes writing it because I don't know NeoGAF,

if there's no Naughty Dawgs at least we have something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQbYgLae1u0

Choomp:
(All right, gentlemen, let's get on with it. Which of us will write our Naughty Dawgs Part 3)
Sheriff_Battlesnake
Mr. Choomp, I say you should write it
To your weird-ass mind and stupidity we defer
Choomp:
Is that so?
Well, if I'm the one to do it
Dawg's run his sharp claws through it
I'm obnoxious and disliked, you know that, sir
Sheriff_Battlesnake:
(Yes, I know)
Choomp:
But I say you should write it, Battlesnake
Yes, you
Sheriff_Battlesnake:
Hell, no
Choomp:
Yes, you, Sheriff_Battlesnake
You
Sheriff_Battlesnake:
But-
Choomp:
You
Sheriff_Battlesnake
But-
Choomp:
You
Sheriff_Battlesnake:
But-
Mr. Choomp, but Mr. Choomp
The things I write are only light GAF write ups
I won't put hentai on paper, it's a mania
So I refuse to use the pen in Outer-GAF
Chorus:
Outer-GAF, Outer-GAF
Refuse to use the pen
Choomp:
Mr. LoveDeterrence, I say you should write it
You were never that insane, as it were
LoveDeterrence:
(That is true.)
Choomp
Whereas if I'm the one to do it
Dawg'd run his sharp claws through it
I'm obnoxious and disliked
You know that, sir
LoveDeterrence:
(Yes, I do.)
Choomp:
Then I say you should write it, LD
Yes, you
LoveDeterrence:
Good heavens, no!
Choomp:
Yes you, LoveDeterrence
You
LoveDeterrence:
But-
Choomp:
You
LoveDeterrence:
But-
Choomp:
You
LoveDeterrence:
But-
I cannot write with any style or proper etiquette
I don't know an otaku from a MGSGaffer
I am just a simple cobbler from the gaming side
Chorus:
Gaming side, gaming side
A simple cobbler, he
Choomp
Mr. Cipher Cat, maybe you should write it
You have many friends and you're a cute ol' cat
Sheriff_Battlesnake:
(Oh, that word.)
Choomp
Chorus:
He's obnoxious and disliked
Did you know that?
Cipher Cat:
AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Fuck you.
Choomp:
....So I say you should write it, Cipher
Yes, you
Cipher Cat:
(Not me, Choompy)
Choomp:
Yes, you, Cipher Cat
You
Cipher Cat:
But-
Choomp:
You
Cipher Cat:
But-
Choomp:
You
Cipher Cat:
But
Mr. Choomp, dear Mr. Choomp
I've been presented with a new endeavor by the graphics horse
So I am going to celebrate and pop the cork
With all the Cats together back in the old Off Topic
Chorus:
Off Topic, Off Topic
The cat's going to pop a cork
Choomp:
(Well, Mr. Sn4ke)
Sn4ke_911:
Mr. Choomp, leave me alone!
Choomp
(Mr. Sn4ke!)
Sn4ke_911
(Mr.Choomp, I have not seen my MGS toy collection for the past six months. I beg of you, Mr. Choomp)
Choomp
("And we solemnly declare that we will preserve our liberties being with one mind resolve to die free men rather than to live slaves." Sn4ke_911, on the Necessity of Taking Up Arms, 1775. Magnificent. You write ten times better than any man in MGSGAF. Including Batzi. For a legend of only thirty-three years, you have a happy talent of composition and a remarkable felicity of expression. Now, then, sir. Will you a patriot or a collector?)
Thomas Jefferson:
(A collector.)
Choomp:
No!
Choomp:
Mr. Sn4ke
Dear Mr. Sn4ke
I'm only seventy-one
I still have my virginity
And I can romp through Joosten's grove with great agility
But life is more than sexual combustibility
Chorus:
Bustibility!
Bustibility!
Combustabil-
Choomp:
CHILL!
Sn4ke:
Mr.Choomp
Damn you, Mr. Choomp
You're obnoxious and disliked
That cannot be denied
Once again you stand between me
And my lovely collection
Chorus:
Lovely Collection!
Sn4ke_911:
Oh, Mr. Adams
You are driving me
Into speaking Japanese!
Chorus:
Japanese!
Japanese!
We may see Gray Fox yet!

Yeah! I played a bit of quite a few of them. I've spent the most time with VII and X. XII, I watched a friend play but I was following what was going on so that was a lot of fun! I just want to play them all before it's all said and done. X is awesome so far, and I just made it to the Thunder Plains, so hoping to knock it out soon!

id sink ur battleship any tiem mistr
x

160x160x57-smirking-face.png.pagespeed.ic.1ts9dKZvgY.jpg

How fast can you play a weighty game like that? Say... 40 hours with no side quests. I'm pretty awful at sticking with one game and knocking it out

I know whatcha mean! It's tough these days because many games are popcorn flick games. Even the RPGs feel like that to an extent (to me). I don't want to say games these days have "padded content" or whatever, because I'm sure plenty of people get value out of what modern RPGs have to offer, but I feel that many now just substitute dearth for depth. (ie Make a gigantic open world, fill it with plant-grabbing quests.)

Well, I don't know what I'm doing anymore. You're to blame for all of this, MGSGAF. Remember, I'm here forever.

Honestly I'm only posting this cause I wasted like 20 minutes writing it because I don't know NeoGAF,

if there's no Naughty Dawgs at least we have something
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQbYgLae1u0

Choomp:
(All right, gentlemen, let's get on with it. Which of us will write our Naughty Dawgs Part 3)
Sheriff_Battlesnake
Mr. Choomp, I say you should write it
To your weird-ass mind and stupidity we defer
Choomp:
Is that so?
Well, if I'm the one to do it
Dawg's run his sharp claws through it
I'm obnoxious and disliked, you know that, sir
Sheriff_Battlesnake:
(Yes, I know)
Choomp:
But I say you should write it, Battlesnake
Yes, you
Sheriff_Battlesnake:
Hell, no
Choomp:
Yes, you, Sheriff_Battlesnake
You
Sheriff_Battlesnake:
But-
Choomp:
You
Sheriff_Battlesnake
But-
Choomp:
You
Sheriff_Battlesnake:
But-
The things I write are only light GAF write ups
I won't put hentai on paper, it's a mania
So I refuse to use the pen in Outer-GAF
Chorus:
Outer-GAF, Outer-GAF
Refuse to use the pen
Choomp:
Mr. LoveDeterrence, I say you should write it
You were never that insane, as it were
LoveDeterrence:
(That is true.)
Choomp
I'm obnoxious and disliked
You know that, sir
LoveDeterrence:
(Yes, I do.)
Choomp:
Then I say you should write it, LD
Yes, you
LoveDeterrence:
Good heavens, no!
Choomp:
Yes you, LoveDeterrence
You
LoveDeterrence:
But-
Choomp:
You
LoveDeterrence:
But-
Choomp:
You
LoveDeterrence:
But-
I cannot write with any style or proper etiquette
I don't know an otaku from a MGSGaffer
I am just a simple cobbler from the gaming side
Chorus:
Gaming side, gaming side
A simple cobbler, he
Choomp
Mr. Cipher Cat, maybe you should write it
You have many friends and you're a cute ol' cat
Sheriff_Battlesnake:
(Oh, that word.)
Choomp
Chorus:
He's obnoxious and disliked
Did you know that?
Cipher Cat:
AHAHAHAHAHAHA. Fuck you.
Choomp:
....So I say you should write it, Cipher
Yes, you
Cipher Cat:
(Not me, Choompy)
Choomp:
Yes, you, Cipher Cat
You
Cipher Cat:
But-
Choomp:
You
Cipher Cat:
But-
Choomp:
You
Cipher Cat:
But
Mr. Choomp, dear Mr. Choomp
I've been presented with a new endeavor by the graphics horse
So I am going to celebrate and pop the cork
With all the Cats together back in the old Off Topic
Chorus:
Off Topic, Off Topic
The cat's going to pop a cork
Choomp:
(Well, Mr. Sn4ke)
Sn4ke_911:
Mr. Choomp, leave me alone!
Choomp
(Mr. Sn4ke!)
Sn4ke_911
(Mr.Choomp, I have not seen my MGS toy collection for the past six months. I beg of you, Mr. Choomp)
Choomp
("And we solemnly declare that we will preserve our liberties being with one mind resolve to die free men rather than to live slaves." Sn4ke_911, on the Necessity of Taking Up Arms, 1775. Magnificent. You write ten times better than any man in MGSGAF. Including Batzi. For a legend of only thirty-three years, you have a happy talent of composition and a remarkable felicity of expression. Now, then, sir. Will you a patriot or a collector?)
Thomas Jefferson:
(A collector.)
Choomp:
No!
Choomp:
Mr. Sn4ke
Dear Mr. Sn4ke
I'm only seventy-one
I still have my virginity
And I can romp through Joosten's grove with great agility
But life is more than sexual combustibility
Chorus:
Bustibility!
Bustibility!
Combustabil-
Choomp:
CHILL!
Sn4ke:
Mr.Choomp
Damn you, Mr. Choomp
You're obnoxious and disliked
That cannot be denied
Once again you stand between me
And my lovely collection
Chorus:
Lovely Collection!
Sn4ke_911:
Oh, Mr. Adams
You are driving me
Into speaking Japanese!
Chorus:
Japanese!
Japanese!
We may see Gray Fox yet!

138133-Doc-Rivers-gif-Imgur-wtf-pZo6.gif

Choomp

Banned
Hey, you did this. You made me watch 1776 and do whatever the fuck that was.

tumblr_lyxw52C7d61qh9y1k.gif

You know people have actual discussions on here?

Choomp made this look fun, I'm trying to involve everyone o_O:

The Sheriff stroked his chin for several seconds. No one had ever asked him to accomplish such a feat, as his typical skill sets involved hitting refresh in the MGS GAF thread and growing patchy facial hair. However he felt strangely inspired, encouraged even. He saw in Choomp a comrade, a compatriot, a friend.

"Eroticism is something I'm unfamiliar with..." Sheriff said abruptly, his voice cracking as if it were the first time he spoke that day. "I... I wouldn't want to disapoint."

"Fear not, Brother, I am obnoxious and disliked and still the Naughty Dawgs keep me within their ranks. And in their barracks..." Choomp whispered, his feminine features glistening in 1080p, locked at 60 fps.

Love Deterrence, or as we referred to him, Lovely D, overheard the exchange and praised Koji for his superior VA casting. Once the incantation was complete, Lovely D turned to Choomp and The Sheriff. "Soldiers, now is not the time lip lickin' and eyelashin'. Former Commander Cipher Cat left us with a mission... but first we must build our army.

Sheriff and Choomps bumholes tightened as they snapped to salute. Lovely D, the most brilliant cartographer in the base, laid out the map on the table outlining the locations of the soldiers Cipher Cat deemed necessary. "Next we must round up code name Sn4ke_911, Brau, Dawg, and Jimmyfenix... former unit under Cipher Cat. They are the sassiest bastards to see this side of war and were formerly under Special Unit: Sass Masters. They'll know who to recruit next... and will be able to help decode Cipher Cats message."

"Decode? What happened to Cipher Cat" Choomp and Sheriff said in unison, "JINX, DOUBLE JI..." before a loud thud was heard. LD certainly had had enough of these two idiots, popping each with a tranq dart.

"We must rescue Cipher Cat from the enemy. His stories were just too sexy... but luckily he left us a final note." LD said to himself.

brau

Nah, I meant NeoGAF. Imagine someone clicks this thread by accident or wants to have a civil discussion about MGS.

I could be wrong here.... but for a moment, lets think maybe about this.

I think the riots and derailment of the thread is totally due to Kojima failing to deliver a release date or note worthy news. I mean.. there is so much we can speculate and discuss about it.

Any other MGS related topic gets attention for the most part and then distills within the pain of having to live another day without knowing when TPP is coming out.

Wither way.. i
the thread,
and i enjoy its crazyness.

Dawg

you're telling me this is the MGS discussion thread?

wow, i thought this was the hidden part of neogaf where we talk about hookers and blackjack

wow, i thought this was the hidden part of neogaf where we talk about hookers and blackjack

LALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELOLALILULELO

Pinewood

Dont worry. We can make our own community, with blackjack and hookers. Well call it Zanzibar GAF, a community without nation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom