• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

Finished Peace Walker; that was such an extensive prologue I don't even know why they put it behind an 'unlocking' barrier. Perhaps for the more dedicated players/fans. So that's the first official sign of
Zero/Cipher/The Patriots
in the chronological timeline. I guess I should go play MGS4 now since I forgot fuck-all about that whole convoluted story. Cannot wait for Phantom Pain though!

Edit: So wait a sec... Going through the wiki (I never fully get the story on my first playthrough) when the fuck did this happen

[...] Afraid of losing the Patriots' idol, Zero carried out a secret project known as "Les Enfants Terribles", in which Para-Medic would use Big Boss's DNA to create a number of clones. With EVA serving as the surrogate mother[...]

EVA was the mother? Was that part of MGS4? Was that why she was called Big Momma? :p Oh man, it's been like 5 years... And when was Big Boss ever part of the first group of Patriots?

Big Boss was cloned in 1972, 3 years prior to Peace Walker. When Big Boss found out Zero cloned him without his knowledge, Big Boss left the Patriots. Yes, EVA was the surrogate mother. She was one of the members of the Patriots.

Chinner

Banned
anyone read the comics? this is getting released tomorrow.

NX2NSkO.jpg

Frolow

Banned
Never been a fan of Ashely Wood's art style, it's way too muddied for my tastes. Peace Walker's cutscenes were the most tolerable out of everything though, but I'd pin that on Yoji Shinkawa's influence more than anything else.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Never been a fan of Ashely Wood's art style, it's way too muddied for my tastes. Peace Walker's cutscenes were the most tolerable out of everything though, but I'd pin that on Yoji Shinkawa's influence more than anything else.

Agreed!

ScOULaris

Yeah. I think Ashley Wood's art style is horrid. No matter how many times I think about giving it a chance, I quickly remember how much I hate it.

"GAF sent us to Hell, but we're going even deeper -- take back everything that we've lost!"

Kaz... I've already moved to the new thread: Special Metal Gear Solid V: TPP stream announced for gamescom, hosted by Keighley

RIP MGSV DEMO THREAD!!

Nooooooo. RIP.

Putting some of these in this thread for archival purposes:

nvzman said:
Guys, I got really bored.
I tried to include most of the commonly posting Gaffers in this and the community thread in there.
Also, can we use this for the OT when the game is close to release?

uuklsv.gif

nvzman said:

Dawg said:
Just sent this to Geoff and Kojima.

Really bored today, as you can see.
punishedsnackd5jio.png

Screaming Meat said:
Good sir, I would crawl belly down through five miles of broken glass with my flies undone just to suck the last dick that fucked her.

Ushiwaka

Hey, Metal Gear-GAF.

Just finished MGS3, since I don't have a PS3 and can't play MGS4, what is the best article/video for finding out MGS4's story?

Frolow

Banned
8 hours?! Holy crap. I found this 3 hour version, I don't know if its any good.
Yeah I wish I could play it :( I hope they release the Legacy Collection for PS4/X1.
Looks like that 3 hour version skips a lot of stuff. If you want to experience the craziness then you need to watch the uncut version in all it's glory. Also, if you have a PS4 MGS4 is part of that Playstation Now thing they have.

Ushiwaka

Looks like that 3 hour version skips a lot of stuff. If you want to experience the craziness then you need to watch the uncut version in all it's glory. Also, if you have a PS4 MGS4 is part of that Playstation Now thing they have.

I See. Found this playlist which puts the 8 hour version in 15 parts. Its so much easier to watch.

I don't have a PS4, but I'm planning on buying a next gen console (haven't decided which one yet :D) in the future. Having the whole MGS collection on a next gen console would be really cool. (And even if I bought a PS4, my internet connection is not good enough for PSNow :( )

Anyway, Thanks for helping me out! :)

GAF: who do you think is the hardest boss in the series?

Three words: Senator Stephen Armstrong (from the main game of Revengeance, but especially from the Jetstream Sam DLC.

2442537-armstrong011.jpg

This guy will most likely make any gamer rage.

In Revengeance proper, Armstrong is a difficult boss, as he should be, for the boss. He has a lot of health, hits hard, and can deplete your life bar in under five hits. It was a fair boss fight though, and was fun.

HOWEVER, Armstrong in the DLC is, for all intents and purposes, hell to beat. He has all his attacks from the main game, plus a new attack where he clotheslines you. The attack can't be blocked, and occasionally will glitch, causing Armstrong to move around the arena unpredictably, and most likely hit you (I HATE that attack). He also will spam his grab, especially during the second half of the fight, giving you precious little time to attack. Also, when you taunt him and make him more venerable to your attacks, blocking his attacks causes you damage. He is the epitome of a cheap boss with cheap attacks in the DLC.

Getting the achievement for taking out Armstrong without taking any damage was hell, as was defeating him the first time I played through the DLC. Never before had a boss caused me to yell at the screen. Congratulations, Armstrong

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I saw Kojima at Comic Con last week. I was looking at the figurines at the Square-Enix section, and then I go look for the rest of my group.

Lo an behold, Kojima was standing a few feet away. I saw my bf and said, "Holy shit, it's Kojima!"

He was standing with CliffyB (or someone that looked like him), where they/he was going to try the Pacific Rim Occulus simulation. I didn't get to say hi or anything, but it was cool standing a few feet away from him.

My bf's sister managed to snap a picture of him though.

Palpable

I saw Kojima at Comic Con last week. I was looking at the figurines at the Square-Enix section, and then I go look for the rest of my group.

Lo an behold, Kojima was standing a few feet away. I saw my bf and said, "Holy shit, it's Kojima!"

He was standing with CliffyB (or someone that looked like him), where they/he was going to try the Pacific Rim Occulus simulation. I didn't get to say hi or anything, but it was cool standing a few feet away from him.

My bf's sister managed to snap a picture of him though.

Had I known you were going to CC, I'd have asked you to grab me that Venom Snake :(

Just finished Ground Zeroes. Never played a Metal Gear game before this. 84 minutes, rank B lol.

I'm super pissed I didn't buy the Legacy Collection when I had the chance. Is the HD collection for vita worth it?

Palpable

Just finished Ground Zeroes. Never played a Metal Gear game before this. 84 minutes, rank B lol.

I'm super pissed I didn't buy the Legacy Collection when I had the chance. Is the HD collection for vita worth it?

You can still get a used copy online. That, or get the regular HD collection on PS3. Comes with MGS2, 3, and Peace Walker.

glottis8

Banned

Welcome to the MGS world. :D

I have gone through mgs3 and peacewalker on the vita, and they play and look pretty nice. Its too bad peacewalker is not the HD version tho. But if you have no ps3 to play, then the vita should be ok.

Woffls

Okay, odd question, but does anyone know who made the t-shirts that came with the Zavvi HD Collection in the UK? The one that looks like this:
41EWM3MyGbL.jpg

Woffls

Niiiceeee. I need to get back on MGS4 for the rest of the emblems. I enjoy that game so damn much.

It's difficult going back to it now though, because I have such specific routes that I have to go out of my way to make the game more interesting and challenging, even on Extreme.

SJRB

Gold Member
Well fuck, tried streaming for the first time just now, played GZ on my PS4 and shit got muted because of "Here's to you" in the intro.

Damn the Patriots.

ibysUTUl9NVDDb.jpg

Nice avatar, by the way. Protagonists rule.

:lol That picture kills me every time!

Thank you, man, I love that pic of Yu from the Music FES 2013 art! The P3 & P4 protagonists are killer - sick designs, too. Can't wait to see P5's!

Well fuck, tried streaming for the first time just now, played GZ on my PS4 and shit got muted because of "Here's to you" in the intro.

Damn the Patriots.

The La-li-lu-le-lo?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom