• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

Sweet. Only got about ten hours left now and it's bedtime, so that's handy. Can't wait to play the game properly again.

One thing I dislike about the game is getting loads of items/ammo on lower settings, then losing loads when you go onto proper difficulty settings :( I don't expect to get the Big Boss emblem any time soon, but Extreme is so much more enjoyable to play in the mean-time.

Big Boss emblem isn't as hard as you might think. There is a really handy trophy guide on one of the ps3trophy sites that gives you an easy to follow walkthrough.

Yea, the Big Boss ranking is fairly easy in MGS4. Nothing compared to 2. The only thing that really gives people a hard time is the motorcycle part which is still ok because it's well checkpointed.

Frolow

Banned
I guess we're here now.

Don't get why the MGSV hype thread isn't allowed while threads like the Destiny and Halo Collection are perfectly fine. I'm not too familiar with the Halo Collection and Destiny, but those games seem to have the same news cycle as most other major games do, MGSV included.

RIP MGS V hype thread
thomas.gif

so will metal gear online make a comeback in MGS V? that would be huge
I believe that was confirmed, yes. Never got to play the original in the MGS4 days, but Ive heard its the hypest shit, so cant wait.

Id imagine its similar in vain to Last of Us MP where its literally the singleplayer experience except humans instead of AI?

If so alllovermyface.gif

Muzy72

Banned
I like how the MGSV hype thread ended up getting all of the gaming side MGSV threads, including itself, locked. :lol :lol

MGS is one of those series that I was ashamed about never playing, so I ended up buying MGS1-4 and Peace Walker earlier this year. Beat MGS1 back in April, going to start MGS2 soon. Hopefully I'll have 'em all done by TPP! :)

Palpable

Great, I always love Jungle missions. Do you think they'll bring back Camp Omega with the Ground Zeroes bonus content?

Ground Zeroes won't be released with TPP at first, but it is inevitable that a bundle of the games together will be released after the initial TPP release, just as it was intended when the game was first announced.

what is so bad about making a TPP thread where we all can talk about the game before it comes out and debate and form teams and do all this silly shit. just give us ONE thread!

Palpable

what is so bad about making a TPP thread where we all can talk about the game before it comes out and debate and form teams and do all this silly shit. just give us ONE thread!

Apparently this is that thread, even though this is meant to encompass the whole series. :\

I wake up. Going to NeoGAF. Login.

Go to "Subscriptions", then to "Special Metal Gear Solid V: TPP stream announced for gamescom, hosted by Keighley"

See "Closed" icon.

Thinking: "hmm"

Sees new thread. Goes to new thread.

Sees new thread closed.

Goes to last post. Was sent to here.

Unleashing rage!

AcceptableImaginativeIcterinewarbler.gif

I'm sure the next bit of Phantom Pain news that is thread worthy will turn into a general Phantom Pain thread as always and it might go unnoticed. The mods do seem to be cracking down on that stuff though as the Assassin's Creed thread got locked.

Palpable

Didn't Kojima say he hasn't been to GDC in 5 years? I could've sworn her was there during the GDC13 presentation of the FOX Engine.

Edit: Check, he was definitely there.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
You know, MGS is a series that really makes more sense to be in English, and the English voice acting is great and mostly superior to its Japanese counterpart, but I can't help but feel that Raiden was completely miscast in English. His Japanese voice is so much deeper and more masculine. I wish they had gone that route in the dub, too.

Palpable

Gamescom, not GDC

Oh, shit. I don't know why I got those 2 mixed up.

You know, MGS is a series that really makes more sense to be in English, and the English voice acting is great and mostly superior to its Japanese counterpart, but I can't help but feel that Raiden was completely miscast in English. His Japanese voice is so much deeper and more masculine. I wish they had gone that route in the dub, too.

I agree with the MGS being great and making sense in English, but I don't think Raiden's voice is bad at all. Flynn does a great job.

SJRB

Gold Member
Saying Raiden should have a deeper voice is kind of missing the point; Raiden isn't supposed to sound masculine in any way. Flynn did a perfect job.

Palpable

Post that strawpoll & the three images on here Dawg. We should end the voting in a few hours and then let immortal-joe begin work on the mosaic.

Palpable

So 1 is the one with the goggles and 3 is the one with no goggles nor face cover, right?

I voted for #2, but 3 seems to be popular.

Would adding personalized messages be out of the question?

Nibel

Dawg monologue:

Why are we here

Just to suffer..?

Every night, I can feel my thread. And my OP. And even my gifs.. The post count I lost. The views I lost.. won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there..

You feel it to, don't you?

I'm going to make them give back our past.

#RIPHypeThreadAugust2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom