• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBear

Will your GZ save file carry over to TPP?
Was planning on playing TPP on PC, but I just bought a PS4 and I've got a hankerin' to play it.

Palpable

Any idea what it would be? I haven't played GZ yet, does it seem like it would carry over something important?

They said that players who play GZ would carry over VIP personnel for your Mother Base. Not sure if that's the one thing or possibly more. The POW's and special soldiers you extract in GZ carry over too.

Palpable

Do you think they are terribly important things to carry over to TPP?

Well I do think it'll give players who have it an extra step ahead when forming Mother Base. If you have a PS4, I'd say get it for PS4. It has a butter smooth framerate at 60fps and it's native 1080p. It looks stunning on my TV. I'm sure it'll also look fantastic if you have a powerful enough computer, but since release dates have yet to be announced, who knows when it'll come to PC. I'd say grab GZ for PS4 and, depending on how you like it on PS4, get TPP for PS4 as well. Otherwise, jump on PC for TPP. I doubt it's integral to get those personnel anyway. It's simply a little bonus for your base, I'd imagine.

MNC

GZ PS3 is rough. I bought it because it was on sale and I couldn't wait any longer; my PS4 won't arrive until 2015.

It's surely playable, but PS4 over PS3.

WARP10CK

Banned
GZ PS3 is rough. I bought it because it was on sale and I couldn't wait any longer; my PS4 won't arrive until 2015.

It's surely playable, but PS4 over PS3.

Don't think Phantom Pain will arrive until 2015 either so you have lot's of time :)

SJRB

Gold Member
Pq1sRAh.jpg

Get hyped.

Chinner

Banned
playing the games in chronological order always seems cool, but is kinda tedious as the game retcons itself and finds its own identity.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Pq1sRAh.jpg

Get hyped.

I think I've seen 3 of these marathons this year alone lol.

And I'm ready for another. Not a subscriber to his channel anymore but still on his email list.

The best and worst parts are the Peace Walker tapes. Some real gems in there. But it takes endurance to listen.

TheBear

So.. I've just started GZ and the backstory stuff mentions Paz being a traitor and a fight with metal gear zeke. I don't remember any of this stuff from peace walker. As far as I know I finished it, did I miss something or had I just forgotten the ending?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
So.. I've just started GZ and the backstory stuff mentions Paz being a traitor and a fight with metal gear zeke. I don't remember any of this stuff from peace walker. As far as I know I finished it, did I miss something or had I just forgotten the ending?

Yeah you actually have to unlock the real ending. I was the same - wasn't until I went back to it a year after I "finished" it because of a craving that I found it out. There's ridiculous amounts of content in that game that isn't presented to you.

TheBear

CHEEZMO™;126102875 said:
Yeah you actually have to unlock the real ending. I was the same - wasn't until I went back to it a year after I "finished" it because of a craving that I found it out. There's ridiculous amounts of content in that game that isn't presented to you.

Well shit, guess I won't see that stuff as my PS3 is borked.
To youtube i suppose

SJRB

Gold Member
If you haven't seen the proper ending to Peace Walker I can only imagine how confusing Ground Zeroes must've been.

Palpable

Cross posting from other thread:

David Hayter was recently asked on twitter what car Solid Snake would drive, to which he responded, "Cobra".

I personally think that's pure bullcock. Ever since my interest in cars shot up from 'nothing' to 'I really like cars' I've always had an idea of the vehicles each Snake would drive in their everyday lives. The Cobra is too small to boast that mean look you'd expect from a car Snake would drive (
and Ford manufactured it, ew
).

For Big Boss, the 1970 Chevelle SS 454 - This is the epitome of a muscle car and holds all the power and aggression with a mean look to boot. Something you'd expect a legendary mercenary to drive. Here it is in action.

For Solid Snake, the 2008 Viper SRT10 - The name says it all. A powerful snake for a legendary Snake.

For Liquid Snake, the 2014 McLaren P1 - A British supercar for the blonde super soldier seems very fitting, don't you think?
I know he's dead by this point in time (2014), but let's use imagination shall we?

For Solidus Snake, the 1968 Charger R/T - This beast is a force to be reckoned with, much like Solidus, especially in that suit of armor. The Charger was a powerful muscle car back in the classic era of American muscle, so what better vehicle for a former U.S. president to cruise in?
What helped me come to this decision was Solidus' charging attack during the final boss battle.

So what do you guys think? Agree, disagree?

Icefire1424

I second Solid Snake in something more practical - old school Jeep Cherokee, something like that.

Meryl however? Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

Which brings about a few other vehicles unanswered for:

Otacon.
Revolver Ocelot.
Drebin (when he's not in the APC, that is).
Johnny (that might be a fun one).

Palpable

Those new jeeps are not really all terrain, just city vans :p

and Solidus would drive a Kombat, it's actually bulletproof! :D

We're talking everyday drivers here, not cars to go into combat with lol. I still think the 68 Charger R/T is a perfect fit for Solidus!

I second Solid Snake in something more practical - old school Jeep Cherokee, something like that.

Meryl however? Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

Which brings about a few other vehicles unanswered for:

Otacon.
Revolver Ocelot.
Drebin (when he's not in the APC, that is).
Johnny (that might be a fun one).

I could see Ocelot in an older Corvette Stingray trying to impress the older ladies.

Johnny would drive a big ass RV because they have toilets in them for when he has to shit.

SJRB

Gold Member
Otacon doesn't have a driving licence. He stopped going when he pissed himself for the third time.

He probably has a bike with one of those little flags on it.

Palpable

What do I need to do in GZ to unlock stuff in TPP?

Is there prisoners to resuce in side ops or only the main story?

There are prisoners to rescue in most side ops, yes.

Also, try rescuing some of the special soldiers in the side ops (Glaz & Palitz, the CIA contact, the bald man) because I think they might carry over to Mother Base.

Woffls

Ack, my copy of MGS4 keeps giving me disc loading in the corner when it looks for certain audio tracks (i think).

Is the 25th anniversary edition any different at all, and will it still be compatible with my v1 and v2 saves?

Palpable

Ack, my copy of MGS4 keeps giving me disc loading in the corner when it looks for certain audio tracks (i think).

Is the 25th anniversary edition any different at all, and will it still be compatible with my v1 and v2 saves?

It's save compatible, yes. Your disc might be messed up, so a new copy would fix that.

Woffls

It's save compatible, yes. Your disc might be messed up, so a new copy would fix that.
Sweet . Yeah, the disc will be messed up. All my other games are fine, and it makes sense given the extensive time I have spent playing MGS4 :D

[edit] Rather than double posting: I've got about 15 hours left in this playthrough until I can get the chicken emblem... but I'm already on act 5 so I've just left Snake chillin in a box somewhere. If I leave it for a while, will the game randomly pause, or the console go on standby or anything like that? I'm not sure what my standby settings are. If I save every few hours, then my console turns off, will the timer go back to the last checkpoint or the last time I saved?

Man, I think this custom head looks even better than the one from Hot Toys:

543256_439652106064232_402323510_n.jpg

What do you guys think?

I want a high quality 1/6 figure of Venom Snake so fucking bad.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Man, I think this custom head looks even better than the one from Hot Toys:

543256_439652106064232_402323510_n.jpg

What do you guys think?

I want a high quality 1/6 figure of Venom Snake so fucking bad.

That's pretty nice. His face is very clean. I always imagine Snake having less facial hair than Big Boss, but that's just me.. like the small hairs on the face. Where you can tell he doesn't shave.

Palpable

Sweet . Yeah, the disc will be messed up. All my other games are fine, and it makes sense given the extensive time I have spent playing MGS4 :D

[edit] Rather than double posting: I've got about 15 hours left in this playthrough until I can get the chicken emblem... but I'm already on act 5 so I've just left Snake chillin in a box somewhere. If I leave it for a while, will the game randomly pause, or the console go on standby or anything like that? I'm not sure what my standby settings are. If I save every few hours, then my console turns off, will the timer go back to the last checkpoint or the last time I saved?

If the game is on and you simply set the controller down, it won't pause or whatever. That's what I did for the chicken emblem.

Woffls

If the game is on and you simply set the controller down, it won't pause or whatever. That's what I did for the chicken emblem.
Sweet. Only got about ten hours left now and it's bedtime, so that's handy. Can't wait to play the game properly again.

One thing I dislike about the game is getting loads of items/ammo on lower settings, then losing loads when you go onto proper difficulty settings :( I don't expect to get the Big Boss emblem any time soon, but Extreme is so much more enjoyable to play in the mean-time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom