• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

Dawg monologue:

#RIPHypeThreadAugust2014

Your favorite thing... Nibel - hype threads, wrongly executed... But their deaths served as a message to others: that ours is a society that murders the innocent. Do you, too, believe that your sacrifice will change the world?

A new age has begun. The age of Skull Dawg.

i5n5i3mZ4T7Bb.png

iXf4jNCMS0gue.png

Chinner

Banned
i met hideo kojima and shook his hand. despite speaking different languages, he nodded and smiled at me in recognition that i am a true fan. he reweets anything, sorry bro you're just not a troo mgs fan.

Nibel

Your favorite thing... Nibel - hype threads, wrongly executed... But their deaths served as a message to others: that ours is a society that murders the innocent. Do you, too, believe that your sacrifice will change the world?

i5n5i3mZ4T7Bb.png

iXf4jNCMS0gue.png

WHOAAAAAAAAAA HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That it has to come so far that we are forced to drop Diamond Dawgs and join Skull Dawg :(

Chinner is a fraud and bad at gaming/Twitter/life

Dawg

I thought you didn't meet him? Or did they give those out?

Yeah, they gave it as some sort of consolation. Everyone got the same card. And the €5 discount for buying Metal Gear Solid V on amazon.de.

I bet amazon.de will still be more expensive for me, even WITH the discount :mad:

Nibel

Yeah, they gave it as some sort of consolation. Everyone got the same card. And the €5 discount for buying Metal Gear Solid V on amazon.de.

I bet amazon.de will still be more expensive for me, even WITH the discount :mad:

That 5 Euro discount seems kind of useless for someone located in Belgium; the game is 69€ on Amazon already and I bet the shipping costs for you are above 5 Euros.

I still haven't pre-ordered the game since there might be a chance of a special edition coming; if there are more editions, I wonder if KojiPro joins the ranks of other devs and puts bonuses for MGO3 on there (assuming MGO3 will come together with MGSV).

Dawg

That 5 Euro discount seems kind of useless for someone located in Belgium; the game is 69€ on Amazon already and I bet the shipping costs for you are above 5 Euros.

I still haven't pre-ordered the game since there might be a chance of a special edition coming; if there are more editions, I wonder if KojiPro joins the ranks of other devs and puts bonuses for MGO3 on there (assuming MGO3 will come together with MGSV).

I'm waiting until they announce a CE/LE. I need it. I will pre-order day one.

i5n5i3mZ4T7Bb.png

iXf4jNCMS0gue.png

What do we have to do to get our hype thread!?

Do we have to use a massive deterrent on EviLore and Bish,
to get the legendary "Orb of Neogaf"
and with that, the control of threads!?

Well, if that's just this...

DetailedHarshIslandwhistler.gif

That won't be a problem! Kishihihihihihi!!!

Woodchipper

I've been staying away from any news about TPP, until earlier today when I couldn't resist anymore. So I watched the Gamescom demo and realized that it's not one big open world, but several smaller areas in which each mission takes place, and I was instantly disappointed.

Am I the only one who thought that, after the hospital scene, it would be one massive open world and one long continuous mission?

I think it was Ocelot saying "Afghanistan is a big place..." in the E3 2013 trailer that fooled me.

I feel like we still know relatively little about the structure of the open world to know for sure but it's set in more areas than Afghanistan so it was always going to be somewhat segmented. One long continuous mission would have been really cool but unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Kojima wants to make that type of game anymore.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
The stream is a good 90 minutes or so away from finishing MGS. And then onto SONS OF LIBERTY.

I feel like we still know relatively little about the structure of the open world to know for sure but it's set in more areas than Afghanistan so it was always going to be somewhat segmented. One long continuous mission would have been really cool but unfortunately, it doesn't seem like Kojima wants to make that type of game anymore.

I just hope they don't make us pick loadouts. It'd be preferable to have access to ALL guns, equipment, and uniforms. Another thing that worries me is the potential for mission critical areas. If you wonder too far from your current objective, will you get a game over or face an invisible wall? That's why the ability to have multiple objectives at once like many other open world games would be great. They can't follow Peace Walker 100% with this one.

The stream is a good 90 minutes or so away from finishing MGS. And then onto SONS OF LIBERTY.

I just hope they don't make us pick loadouts. It'd be preferable to have access to ALL guns, equipment, and uniforms. Another thing that worries me is the potential for mission critical areas. If you wonder too far from your current objective, will you get a game over or face an invisible wall? That's why the ability to have multiple objectives at once like many other open world games would be great. They can't follow Peace Walker 100% with this one.
I haven't really thought about what will happen if you wander too far from your current objective. So with the E3 and gamescom mission where you're trying to find intel about Kaz's whereabouts, I wonder if that is a small area you're locked into like as you said with mission fails and invisible walls. Like, on replays, could you go looking for Kaz in that mission because you already know where he is? Would they block you off or would it just be an empty compaund because you're not there on the relevant mission, or are these areas very segmented and not apart of a larger connected open world? I wish Kojima could give us a bit more info on how the open world works.

I have a feeling you're going to be disappointed

I haven't really thought about what will happen if you wander too far from your current objective. So with the E3 and gamescom mission where you're trying to find intel about Kaz's whereabouts, I wonder if that is a small area you're locked into like as you said with mission fails and invisible walls. Like, on replays, could you go looking for Kaz in that mission because you already know where he is? Would they block you off or would it just be an empty compaund because you're not there on the relevant mission, or are these areas very segmented and not apart of a larger connected open world? I wish Kojima could give us a bit more info on how the open world works.

I think it will be segmented areas. like a bunch of areas you can travel to that are quite large, 5-10x larger than ground zeroes with misssion fail warnings like PW and GZ if you go too far. Kojima hinted at this in an interview saying how he was worred about people expecting one huge GTA world, when it's not going to be like that. i'll see if i can find a link

here we go: http://www.computerandvideogames.co...w-phantom-pains-open-world-differs-from-gtas/

he doesn't directly say it will be segmented or anything like that, but that seems to be what he's hinting at in terms of mission limitations

I hope there are no mission-fail-warning areas like GZ.

Probably just the ends of the map. Like, say in Afghanistan - the first "out of bounds" area will probably be turning around after Ocelot gives his monologue. Though in the demos we've seen Snake leaves via chopper extraction after carrying out one mission, remember that we don't have to go back to base every time that we do. (Probably only mandatory after certain objectives are completed, such as rescuing Kaz.) It's pretty open!

Probably just the ends of the map. Like, say in Afghanistan - the first "out of bounds" area will probably be turning around after Ocelot gives his monologue. Though in the demos we've seen Snake leaves via chopper extraction after carrying out one mission, remember that we don't have to go back to base every time that we do. (Probably only mandatory after certain objectives are completed, such as rescuing Kaz.) It's pretty open!

Yeah, the area seems pretty open! Not having to go back to base every time just adds to this.

My only concern is that the exit points in GZ were so artifical and seemed confusing. At least in PW, they were marked with an 'X' to give the impression that it's actually an exit point before Kaz scolds you for it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
wut

I have a feeling you're going to be disappointed

Meh, my expectations are kept in check this time. Not like how I was with MGS4 expecting it to be the second coming of Christ. To be 15 again. I think Phantom Pain is gonna end up being pretty awesome. Can't wait for the new boss squad to be revealed.

Dawg

What do we have to do to get our hype thread!?

Do we have to use a massive deterrent on EviLore and Bish,
to get the legendary "Orb of Neogaf"
and with that, the control of threads!?

Well, if that's just this...

DetailedHarshIslandwhistler.gif

That won't be a problem! Kishihihihihihi!!!

My god, this post.

Became even better once I saw the bish/evilore shops :lol

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
All MGSV threads died? Oh well, I guess we belong here, brothers! This is our heaven and hell!

Palpable

We need to have a solid deadline for the mosaic. Is anyone down to add personalized messages to this or are we just doing avatars/names?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom