• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

What did you have in mind?

On the back of the mosaic we have a message from each member. Something nice they'd want to say as a fan to Kojima. Depending on how many people write something, we could print a whole 2nd page for it. It would have to be word/character limited of course.

Skullface

On the back of the mosaic we have a message from each member. Something nice they'd want to say as a fan to Kojima. Depending on how many people write something, we could print a whole 2nd page for it. It would have to be word/character limited of course.

Interesting concept. I can't for the life of me think of what I'd want to say. I wouldn't want to kiss ass. Maybe I'd tell Kojima that "If I had a shotgun, y'know what I'd do? I'd point that shit straight at the sky and shoot heaven on down for you".

He's Moria, a villain from One Piece

Thanks for that. I wish I never asked though... I kind of thought that this was an original work and I was kind of impressed. Now I'm afraid I'll be annoyed knowing that it's a One Piece reference. The older I get the more anime starts to annoy me. Sad story...

Palpable

So this "former Konami employee" is apparently leaking details about MGSV on /v/ right now. Pretty entertaining.

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/259695861
On the extreme off-chance this is real, I'm gonna be pissed at myself. Shouldn't have read those spoilers

I'm reading through some of it because I can't contain myself. This guy claims you can (general boss fight spoilers, no character spoilers)
leave the battlefield during boss battles and vehicle boss battles are back and too easy.

Nvzman

Thanks for that. I wish I never asked though... I kind of thought that this was an original work and I was kind of impressed. Now I'm afraid I'll be annoyed knowing that it's a One Piece reference. The older I get the more anime starts to annoy me. Sad story...

Yeah me too.

Frolow

Banned
I'm reading through some of it because I can't contain myself. This guy claims you can (general boss fight spoilers, no character spoilers)
leave the battlefield during boss battles and vehicle boss battles are back and too easy.

Yeah he said they were, in general, really disappointed. Would suck if it's true.

-Deimos

Seems fake.

Yeah, I'm gonna say this is fake. Most of the leaked info is stuff anyone could have pulled out of their asses.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Leak spoilers:

The multiplayer thing doesn't really bother me. I play these games for singleplayer anyway. But man it's gonna disappoint quite a few people if there's no true dedicated MGO.

-Deimos

Leak spoilers:

The multiplayer thing doesn't really bother me. I play these games for singleplayer anyway. But man it's gonna disappoint quite a few people if there's no true dedicated MGO.

It was already confirmed that MGO will be part of the game.

I'm confused. What is up with this purple flame dude in all of your posts?

What the hell!? Which purple flames!?

Man, do I look like Hades to you...? <_<

tumblr_mmyznt_KPKr1rxcqpao1_1280.jpg

MNC

I am in the middle of a GZ playthrough for no alerts and no kills; they found one of the knocked out guards; does that count as an alert or not? I have my game on pause because I don't want to continue without knowing. It said "Marines entering alert status"

MNC

Hah, oh shit. I only got a B. Turns out all the retries get counted as well. You sneaky son of a bitch Kojima.

Nibel

Hah, oh shit. I only got a B. Turns out all the retries get counted as well. You sneaky son of a bitch Kojima.

To get S-rank you need to rush through the mission like a pro without being seen or killing anybody. Sounds impossible, but the more you play the more you learn about the AI, the enemy pathfinding and so on - you can do this, solider!

Also, don't use slowmo!

Palpable

GZ ranks are based on SCORES. The higher the score the better the rank. That being said, I've gotten S rank before by extracting both targets and all the prisoners with an 81 minute time (I left to go do something). I was surprised, but it worked. No need to rush. Don't get caught, minimize retries, try not to use reflex.

Disable Reflex Mode.

You can have one or two retries, not sure how many. I rescued all the hostages at Chico's place so I got more points. You can't be seen, but enemies on low alert is OK. I shot a camera so they started looking for me, but it doesn't count.

Also, who true Diamond Dogzu here? http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2488-METAL-GEAR-SOLID-V-GROUND-ZEROES/GuerrillaDawg

I believe I am.

1FF3EF8F-E9FD-4C7A-B478-04D0620950CA_zpsbdrfop6l.jpg

Style

Banned
The possible confirmation of Snake in Super Smash Bros. as DLC raises an important question. Kiefer Sutherland or David Hayter?

Disable Reflex Mode.

You can have one or two retries, not sure how many. I rescued all the hostages at Chico's place so I got more points. You can't be seen, but enemies on low alert is OK. I shot a camera so they started looking for me, but it doesn't count.

Also, who true Diamond Dogzu here? http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/2488-METAL-GEAR-SOLID-V-GROUND-ZEROES/GuerrillaDawg

Nice! I only Platinum'd MGS3 and Peace Walker, but I've only had the account since last year. Plan on cleaning that up before TPP is released... I'll go back and finish MGS2, MGS4, and MGR when MGSV gets a release date!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom