• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
If this leak guy was real, then we get a release date at TGS right?

No way in hell is this leak real guys come on don't be ridiculous.

but yeah there is a chance we'll get a release date at TGS but that leak is faker than Ishmael.

Congrats to YongYea on 100,000 subscribers! He does an awesome job of covering Metal Gear, glad to see him doing so well.

Sorry, can't stand his annoying starting phrase.

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, it's YongYea and welcome!"

...well, it's less annoying now, before he always said:

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemeny, it's YongYea and welcome!"

Also he bitched too much about theories and flamed them too much.

Palpable

Sorry, can't stand his annoying starting phrase.

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, it's YongYea and welcome!"

...well, it's less annoying now, before he always said:

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemeny, it's YongYea and welcome!"

Also he bitched too much about theories and flamed them too much.

That and he doesn't ever cite his sources. He gets a lot of theories and shit from the internet.

That and he doesn't ever cite his sources. He gets a lot of theories and shit from the internet.
And he makes waaaay too many video's imo. Everything Kojima tweets gets made into a video. Almost got sick of hearing the song Sins Of The Father, as he used to play it as the intro of every video.

On the other hand, his in-depth analysis are pretty good. Wish he would only do those and drop the nonsense video's and let's plays.

And he makes waaaay too many video's imo. Everything Kojima tweets gets made into a video. Almost got sick of hearing the song Sins Of The Father, as he used to play it as the intro of every video.

On the other hand, his in-depth analysis are pretty good. Wish he would only do those and drop the nonsense video's and let's plays.

Yeah analysis is good but not always. He has quite an Kojima obsession which is crazy. As soon as P.T. revealed Kojima. BOOM! Next video. Also he should drop this news site, in my opinion. He is like 1 person (or has he a team?) and he wants to cover ALL game news? Good luck with that, you won't get sleep. Or does he only cover Kojima news?

Well that's enough I say about that. Back to MGS talk!

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah I'm not a fan either. Never even heard of the guy up until I saw the posts above. Watched his Mother Base "analysis", but quit after 5 minutes or so. It's just mindless ramble and assumption, stuff everyone with half a brain could see.

When he started about the "submarines" and how he assumes they're controllable and you can use them to infiltrate other player's bases I quit.

They're lifeboats, for fucks sake.

4915I9r.jpg

Yeah I'm not a fan either. Never even heard of the guy up until I saw the posts above. Watched his Mother Base "analysis", but quit after 5 minutes or so. It's just mindless ramble and assumption, stuff everyone with half a brain could see.

When he started about the "submarines" and how he assumes they're controllable and you can use them to infiltrate other player's bases I quit.

4915I9r.jpg

Haha. :D

Palpable

4915I9r.jpg

CHEEZMO™;127341905 said:
YongYea is terrible.

Agreed

MegaMelon

Any chance the '/clone' bit (referring to solid snake) of the 'What is Metal Gear?' section be spoilered or taken out. I feel it's a pretty good surprise that is better left to newcomers to find at the end of Metal Gear Solid rather than before they even get started with the series.

Hystzen

I be shocked if game drops end if next year I got feeling it 2016 march release.

I was in down mood today so went and re read those "leaks" cheered me up at how funny they are

Palpable

Any chance the '/clone' bit (referring to solid snake) of the 'What is Metal Gear?' section be spoilered or taken out. I feel it's a pretty good surprise that is better left to newcomers to find at the end of Metal Gear Solid rather than before they even get started with the series.

The OP left the forums.

I be shocked if game drops end if next year I got feeling it 2016 march release.

I was in down mood today so went and re read those "leaks" cheered me up at how funny they are

2016? You crazy?

Palpable

That's pretty optimistic. I feel they'd have given us a date if it was out that soon. We may get one at TGS so maybe I'll hold off on being pessimistic for now.

Ground Zeroes release date was announced at TGS and it came out the following March. I'm hoping we get a date at this TGS and it turns out to be March.

Sn4ke_911

Ground Zeroes release date was announced at TGS and it came out the following March. I'm hoping we get a date at this TGS and it turns out to be March.

I'm not sure where you get this from but the exact release date for GZ was announced on December 9.

Sn4ke_911

I just said on the official konami twitch channel that i can't wait for new MGSV info at TGS and all Tora said was "Please be excited".

Such a tease. :/

Palpable

Dawg, one thing has always confused me about your username...

Dawg = black dude

Doge =
doge.png

You use the Doge meme a lot, so shouldn't your name be Doge instead of Dawg?

Shouldn't it be Diamond Doges?

Dawg

Well, I've had the nickname "GuerrillaDawg" for a long time now. Long before the doge meme. GAF is one of the few places where "Dawg" wasn't taken yet.

Why the word Dawg? Well, I've always liked dogs... and Dawg sounds cooler than just "Dog" :lol

Also, Dawg is timeless. There are already many people out there (including here on GAF) who REALLY hate the doge meme so I'm happy my username isn't Doge :p

Palpable

Well, I've had the nickname "GuerrillaDawg" for a long time now. Long before the doge meme. GAF is one of the few places where "Dawg" wasn't taken yet.

Why the word Dawg? Well, I've always liked dogs... and Dawg sounds cooler than just "Dog" :lol

Also, Dawg is timeless. There are already many people out there (including here on GAF) who REALLY hate the doge meme so I'm happy my username isn't Doge :p

Oh okay, that makes more sense lol.

We may have to take a vote on the name heading at the top. I know some people weren't too happy about Dogs switching to Dawgs.
doge.png

Dawg

For a moment there, I thought Peace Walker would say something about me not having played it yet.

Because people always bring that up every time there is a PW discussion
doge.png

10/10 for the "standing..." joke though. So accurate :lol

For a moment there, I thought Peace Walker would say something about me not having played it yet.

Because people always bring that up every time there is a PW discussion
doge.png

10/10 for the "standing..." joke though. So accurate :lol
Wait, what? You haven't? Why? :O

Dawg

Wait, what? You haven't? Why? :O

I joined this series very late. My first MGS game was MGS4 in 2009. I was amazed by that game. Even though a lot of people have issues with MGS4, it was still amazing to me.

I didn't really touch the series after that because most of the games were PS2/PSP. Then the HD collection came and I played MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3.

Unfortunately, I had the Vita HD collection and that one doesn't include PW. Because of the vita drought afterwards and me going PS4, I sold my Vita and PS3 so now I can't play PW unless Kojima releases a PS4 version.

I joined this series very late. My first MGS game was MGS4 in 2009. I was amazed by that game. Even though a lot of people have issues with MGS4, it was still amazing to me.

I didn't really touch the series after that because most of the games were PS2/PSP. Then the HD collection came and I played MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3.

Unfortunately, I had the Vita HD collection and that one doesn't include PW. Because of the vita drought afterwards and me going PS4, I sold my Vita and PS3 so now I can't play PW unless Kojima releases a PS4 version.
No troo faaan. I'm just teasing obviously although I probably will be one of the assholes who will keep bringing it up every time Peace Walker is being discussed.

Starting with MGS4 is an interesting one though. How did you enjoy it when there's no possible way you could have known what the fuck was going on?

Dawg

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly... I did not understand 95% of the game or so :lol

FYI, I didn't even know about les enfants terribles at the time and I honestly thought Naked Snake = Solid Snake. And don't even get me started on Ocelot's Liquid arm. I had no clue what was going on there so I figured that Ocelot dude was Moustachio Snake's brother.

-Deimos

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly... I did not understand 95% of the game or so :lol

FYI, I didn't even know about les enfants terribles at the time and I honestly thought Naked Snake = Solid Snake. And don't even get me started on Ocelot's Liquid arm. I had no clue what was going on there so I figured that Ocelot dude was Moustachio Snake's brother.

I didn't realize MGS3 was set in the 1960s until a couple of years after beating it. I had no idea Naked Snake was a different person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom