• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif

doge.png
doge.png
doge.png
doge.png
doge.png
doge.png
doge.png
doge.png

I joined this series very late. My first MGS game was MGS4 in 2009. I was amazed by that game. Even though a lot of people have issues with MGS4, it was still amazing to me.

I didn't really touch the series after that because most of the games were PS2/PSP. Then the HD collection came and I played MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3.

Unfortunately, I had the Vita HD collection and that one doesn't include PW. Because of the vita drought afterwards and me going PS4, I sold my Vita and PS3 so now I can't play PW unless Kojima releases a PS4 version.

it's virtually guaranteed that that will happen eventually

I didn't realize MGS3 was set in the 1960s until a couple of years after beating it. I had no idea Naked Snake was a different person.

soooo, you didn't watch the cut scenes? it tells you right there in the opening. you have conversations between Khrushchev and LBJ.

You think so? I'd love it to happen, but I don't know if it will after the HD collection was released on PS3.

konami is not known for leaving money on the table. they rerelease and repackage metal gear as often as feasible for them. i would imagine a port of up-res'd PS2/PSP games could run pretty well on a PS4/XBone without breaking the bank. shit, that would also open the door for steam releases

konami is not known for leaving money on the table. they rerelease and repackage metal gear as often as feasible for them. i would imagine a port of up-res'd PS2/PSP games could run pretty well on a PS4/XBone without breaking the bank. shit, that would also open the door for steam releases
iirc the HD collection games were all only upressed to 720p on PS3/360 rather than 1080p. So a rerelease of those games on PS4/Xbone/PC could actually be improved, hopefully bundled in a collection with a remastered MGS4 locked at 60fps. I find it so difficult to replay MGS4 due to all the framerate dips below 30... and everything else lol.

Metal Gear Scanlon - Part 04 went up this morning.

You guys should seriously check it out. You need a Giant Bomb subscription to do so, as it is premium content. It is by far my favorite video series since the Persona 4 endurance run. I very much encourage you to at least get a monthly subscription to check out the first four episodes and the upcoming ones (there are two episodes per week). What's great about it is the whole thing started when Drew Scanlon, a Giant Bomb employee, told Dan Ryckert, the newest Giant Bomb editor (formerly of Game Informer), that he had never played a Metal Gear game and was unfamiliar with its story and lore. Dan, being one of the biggest Metal Gear fanboys out there, took it upon himself to make sure that was corrected. So Drew is playing and is having his mind alread blown by crazy Kojimaisms, and Dan watches and comments with gleeful excitement. They intend on getting to MGS4.

We are essentially witnessing the birth of a Metal Gear fan. And it is very exciting to me. :)

I already cannot wait for Drew to witness the ending of MGS2. :D

Anyone that knows japanese who could translate what they say about TGS 1 hour and 40 minutes into this video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNdWQazg8F4

Uptdate:

Okay, I went and asked Marc Laidlaw of JunkerHQ what they were saying and he was kind enough to translate for me. Turns out it's a competiton for people to send in footage of themselves playing GZ and P.T, winners will be shown at TGS.

Just to clarify, the reason I was originally looking to get this translated was because I was lead to believe by someone who posted this video on another site that Kojima talked about a new TPP mission being shown at TGS here, but that person was obviously lying or posting assumptions so no real news on what they're showing just yet.

You guys should seriously check it out. You need a Giant Bomb subscription to do so, as it is premium content. It is by far my favorite video series since the Persona 4 endurance run. I very much encourage you to at least get a monthly subscription to check out the first four episodes and the upcoming ones (there are two episodes per week). What's great about it is the whole thing started when Drew Scanlon, a Giant Bomb employee, told Dan Ryckert, the newest Giant Bomb editor (formerly of Game Informer), that he had never played a Metal Gear game and was unfamiliar with its story and lore. Dan, being one of the biggest Metal Gear fanboys out there, took it upon himself to make sure that was corrected. So Drew is playing and is having his mind alread blown by crazy Kojimaisms, and Dan watches and comments with gleeful excitement. They intend on getting to MGS4.

We are essentially witnessing the birth of a Metal Gear fan. And it is very exciting to me. :)

i like giantbomb and would like to see this, but there isn't a chance in hell i'd pay to subscribe. show me some ads and let me watch it for free

I'm gonna have to check it out, man!!!!

Jingo

No way in hell is this leak real guys come on don't be ridiculous.

but yeah there is a chance we'll get a release date at TGS but that leak is faker than Ishmael.

If we dont get a release date by this year i really wont believe in a early 2015, anyway early 2015 is full of excelent games, so i dont know if its the best time to release it too.

These are awesome, but what games are some of these dogs from?

2. Resident Evil
3. Animal Crossing
4. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
5. Duck Hunt
6. Haunting Ground
7. Okami
8. Okamiden
10. Mega Man 3
11. Silent Hill 2
12. Harvest Moon
13. Persona 3
14. Pokemon

Still thinking what the other might be. I've seen some of these before.
Also here's a bigger version, might help identify the others.

dogsbarking.gif

^ I wouldn't be surprised if you came out and said you work for GiantBomb...

Haha, I don't. I simply enjoy them very much. The thing about me is that I take a lot of pleasure in watching someone experience something that I have experienced and liked. I happen to love Metal Gear Solid, so watching Drew discover the series with Dan saying funny shit is the best.

i like giantbomb and would like to see this, but there isn't a chance in hell i'd pay to subscribe. show me some ads and let me watch it for free

Giant Bomb does plenty of free videos. The videos that are behind the subscription paywall are often times full playthroughs of games, such as the Breaking Brad series and this one. I understand not wanting to pay, but I encourage you to give it a shot at least once. Pay the one monthly fee and check out some of their premium content. If you feel constrained by the time period, being a premium member lets you download their videos and store them on your hard drive, DRM-free. So you could subscribe, stock up on a bunch of their videos, download UniverselMediaServer on your PC and stream them to your television through your PS3 or other device for maximum enjoyment. That's what I do.

I'm gonna have to check it out, man!!!!

You should !

Here are some highlights from this morning's episode:

ibypsJVPUCpmKR.gif

ibmdelh7tGiYIM.gif

ij3orTYerVAQs.gif

ibbeXLzTICBl9g.gif

You should install the chrome extension Gif Delayer, which makes the browser display gifs only after fully downloading them. This makes it so the effect of seeing the gif is not ruined by lag.

Tizoc

2. Resident Evil
3. Animal Crossing
5. Duck Hunt
6. Haunting Ground
7. Okami
8. Okamiden
10. Mega Man 3
11. Silent Hill 2
12. Harvest Moon
13. Persona 3
14. Pokemon

Still thinking what the other might be. I've seen some of these before.
Also here's a bigger version, might help identify the others.

dogsbarking.gif

Thanks...You don't know Iggy (#4)? Kids these days.

SJRB

Gold Member
This page keeps crashing Chrome. Please remove the insane gifs.

4 times 14 mb for a 2-second 400 x 225 px gif, are you crazy?

Dawg

YOU GUYS ARE KILLING MY LAPTOP

2GB OF RAM FOR ONE TAB IN CHROME :LOL

destroylaptop11sr2.png

I DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME TO POST THIS REPLY

AW SHIT IT'S RISING AGAIN D:

YOU GUYS ARE KILLING MY LAPTOP

2GB OF RAM FOR ONE TAB IN CHROME :LOL

destroylaptop11sr2.png

I DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME TO POST THIS REPLY

AW SHIT IT'S RISING AGAIN D:

What you talking about? Do you mean AuthenticM's gifs? Mine Dog gif, can't be it has not much frames.

I removed that Shaman King gif, it was unnecessary anyway.

Also I use firefox.

Vally

I watched the first episode and I really liked it. It's funny to see the reactions of people who are new to the series, for instance when Snake says that he had hidden the cigarrettes in his stomach and Drew is like 'wtf!?'. A long time MGS fan wouldn't even bat an eyelid at that line since we're already desensitized by all the crazy shit that happens throughout the series lol.

-Deimos

it's virtually guaranteed that that will happen eventually

soooo, you didn't watch the cut scenes? it tells you right there in the opening. you have conversations between Khrushchev and LBJ.

I was about 10-13 at the time. My attention span was short so I lost interest during the long boring intro cutscene. To be fair, most of the game is set in the wilderness. There wasn't a lot that would indicate that the game was set in the past and the 60's weren't that long ago :p

I was about 10-13 at the time. My attention span was short so I lost interest during the long boring intro cutscene. To be fair, most of the game is set in the wilderness. There wasn't a lot that would indicate that the game was set in the past and the 60's weren't that long ago :p

yikes, i feel old now.

Alright, I've remade the gifs to be at a lower size without substantially affecting their quality. This should remedy the browser problems for some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom