• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

I'm really bored so I'm going to stream Ground Zeroes for a little bit. Jump in if you like.

Also, what's the status on the mosaic? You got what you need yet, Joe?

Akiller

Hey brotherss, just came back from vacation. I am going to watch the Gamescom Conference(Konami youtube channel or are there better sources?).

AIso, is there a downloadable videogameplay ?

Thanks brothers.

Dawg

I sent the list to Joe.

One thing, the PM title should have been "The Holy List", but for some reason I typed "The Holy Shit".

Just ignore that, Joe.

Hey guys, since I am a little junior. I was always wondering people saying MgsGAF or something like that. Is that a group? Can I join this?

Palpable

Hey guys, since I am a little junior. I was always wondering people saying MgsGAF or something like that. Is that a group? Can I join this?

If you're a fan then you're already a part of it. It's simply a term used to designate fans of the MGS series that are on the neoGAF forums.

Palpable

I was thinking we could write something like this on the back:

Dear Hideo Kojima, Yoji Shinkawa, Ken-ichiro Imaizumi, and KojiPro staff,

We are a small group of members on the NeoGAF forums that are fans of your Metal Gear Solid series. We do not represent the forum as a whole, but rather a small contingent of us that are passionate about the series. A select few of us members are diehard fans and decided to mock up a mosaic of member avatars that would form Big Boss as a gift to the team as we eagerly await MGSV. I think I speak for all of us fans here at MGS-GAF, that we hope you enjoy this mock up and we look forward to the release of The Phantom Pain.

- Patriot Infinity

Yay, nay? Suggestions?

Pu57cX5.gif

0BjwRXx.gif
Happy National Diamond Dawg Day MGS GAF !!!!
0BjwRXx.gif
Pu57cX5.gif

I'm not sure if this has been posted in this thread, but Giant Bomb is doing a full playthrough of the original Metal Gear Solid, and possibly the sequels as well. It is very entertaining. :)

I sent the list to Joe.

One thing, the PM title should have been "The Holy List", but for some reason I typed "The Holy Shit".

Just ignore that, Joe.

Honestly, I thought you were just excited.

I'm not sure if this has been posted in this thread, but Giant Bomb is doing a full playthrough of the original Metal Gear Solid, and possibly the sequels as well. It is very entertaining. :)

Thanks for the heads up, but the lack of an even partially knowledgeable MGS dude on their staff will probably make me cringe on more than a few occasions. :p

Palpable

Thanks for the heads up, but the lack of an even partially knowledgeable MGS dude on their staff will probably make me cringe on more than a few occasions. :p

I feel the same when media outlets do these types of playthroughs.

Anyone wanna weigh in on the blurb for the mosaic I suggested?

-Deimos

I was thinking we could write something like this on the back:

Dear Hideo Kojima, Yoji Shinkawa, Ken-ichiro Imaizumi, and KojiPro staff,

We are a small group of members on the NeoGAF forums that are fans of your Metal Gear Solid series. We do not represent the forum as a whole, but rather a small contingent of us that are passionate about the series. A select few of us members are diehard fans and decided to mock up a mosaic of member avatars that would form Big Boss as a gift to the team as we eagerly await MGSV. I think I speak for all of us fans here at MGS-GAF, that we hope you enjoy this mock up and we look forward to the release of The Phantom Pain.

- Patriot Infinity

Yay, nay? Suggestions?

ehhhh I think it's too much.

Palpable

I'm fine with just the mosaic but if we do include a message it should be short and sweet.

Well the reason I figured it'd be cool to add a message is because it'd just be a mosaic of random avatars if not. Something to stand out from other gifts & making it somewhat personal seems like a good idea. But it's what everyone wants, so hopefully more people will give input tomorrow morning.

Maybe something like:

"Dear Mr. Kojima and Kojipro,

Here's to you, from the Metal Gear community at NeoGAF. We look forward to playing The Phantom Pain!"

R-User!

Maybe something like:

"Dear Mr. Kojima and Kojipro,

Here's to you, from the Metal Gear community at NeoGAF. We look forward to playing The Phantom Pain!"

Heh...

Here's to you, Kojima and Staff
Don't rest forever, release MGSV
The last and final moment is yours
The agony is waiting for release.

TEAM A!!!!!!!

2014-08-2714_51_39-dawxoi3.png

iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif

I'm gonna have to go with an:
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif
here.

New news new thread!

"David Hayter tweeted: "the less you say the more powerful it" is?! MGSV
reference? Does he have one line?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'm gonna have to go with an:
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif
here.

New news new thread!

It would probably get locked faster than you can say the words "David" and "Hayter"
iMThMFpbVwLdv.gif

but seriously i take this as a huge hint that he's in MGSV.

SJRB

Gold Member

If you want to see god-tier MGS gameplay, just watch twitch.tv/uknighted. The guys streaming there are amazingly skilled and knowledgeable about everything MGS, they frequently do full story playthroughs, showing all codec conversations, easter eggs, hidden secrets and all that stuff.

Infinitely more enjoyable than watching GiantBomb, because they're just a bunch of scrubs when it comes to MGS.

If you want to see god-tier MGS gameplay, just watch twitch.tv/uknighted. The guys streaming there are amazingly skilled and knowledgeable about everything MGS, they frequently do full story playthroughs, showing all codec conversations, easter eggs, hidden secrets and all that stuff.

Infinitely more enjoyable than watching GiantBomb, because they're just a bunch of scrubs when it comes to MGS.
The uknighted channel is good especially when threedogg is playing. But Giant Bomb are funny and it can be fun to watch a person new to the series play it for the first time. Drew is pretty terrible right now but it will be fun to watch him get further into the series. The guy watching him play, Dan Ryckart is a big fan of the series too.

at this point, i just want a release date, a MGO reveal, and some details on motherbase management, forward operating base, etc. i don't need another trailer or SP gameplay demo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom