• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.EM1

Hello, GAF!

This is my very first post on the forums. Long time MGS fan. Been lurking NeoGAF since the very first reveal of Ground Zeroes.

Aaaaand done.

Final avatar arrangement complete, back page now has all names. PM of final full res files will be sent to Infinity as soon as I finish this post.

Some notes:

- Yes, all avatars are there.

- Avatar arrangement was based on creating a smooth blend for the image, while also making sure every avatar gets some degree of space. So even you aren't there as much as the next guy, you ARE there :)

- See your name but not your avatar? Send me a PM and I'll help locate your avatar in the image.

Thanks to everyone for all the support.

Glorious! Thanks for all your hard work!

Looks like the Kojima Station crew is looking to detail the mission Solid Snake carried out in 1964.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

Seriously, how can these guys get that much Solid Snake in one picture?!
leuhkikcskn4.gif

rNFeG3m.gif

Hello, GAF!

This is my very first post on the forums. Long time MGS fan. Been lurking NeoGAF since the very first reveal of Ground Zeroes.

WELCOME SOLDIER!
y3bXzELm.png

EDIT: Welcome to all the other new recriuts as well!

Jimmydg

I also finally post here in GAF too. I wanted to start posting here in the great Metal Gear Community, and what better place for post than this?

Metal_Gear_-_Big_Boss_Salute_(Metal_Gear_Solid_3_Snake_Eater).gif

Hello, GAF!

Finally,

First Post in the community thread. Dawg, Infinity P, Ishi, doctor. doctor. doctor. doctor.....

How are you gentleman?

I also finally post here in GAF too. I wanted to start posting here in the great Metal Gear Community, and what better place for post than this?

Welcome, guys! ^_^

So a new trailer AND gameplay demonstration. I'm more than happy with this news.

Me, too!!!!!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Timeaisis

Alright, coming back to this thread after a long hiatus. Just rewatched all the trailers again and...hyped as hell all over again.

Dawg

Welcome to all the new people.

I like how our crazy discussions attract new people to this forum. This is the legacy of the MGS thread.

We're probably gonna see the support buddy mechanic at TGS. I wouldn't call motherbase the ideal place to show that off, so fingers crossed for a new location.

Sn4ke_911

We're probably gonna see the support buddy mechanic at TGS. I wouldn't call motherbase the ideal place to show that off, so fingers crossed for a new location.

Yep, my money is on jungle location and dog gameplay.

Yep, my money is on jungle location and dog gameplay.

I agree. From what we've seen in earlier promotional material, it would make sense that the Rhodesian Ridgeback is the "default" buddy that gets shown in their demonstrations. The buddy icon is of one too although that could just be to signify Diamond Dogs.

Can't wait to play as Big Boss in Mortal Kombat X.

You jest, but Raiden (the one who's not already in MKX) would be a perfect fit.

He's all about cutting people up and tearing out spines.

Raiden in MKX is my dream guest character.

with Sam alternate costume

Dawg

You jest, but Raiden (the one who's not already in MKX) would be a perfect fit.

He's all about cutting people up and tearing out spines.

Raiden in MKX is my dream guest character.

with Sam alternate costume

I'm not jesting, m8

I'm serious about BB being in MK X.

I know it must have been annoying Sn4ke but it is pretty funny. Were you scouring the internet for anything MGS4 related or did someone link that to you? Seems pretty random.

Sn4ke_911

I know it must have been annoying Sn4ke but it is pretty funny. Were you scouring the internet for anything MGS4 related or did someone link that to you? Seems pretty random.

Yeah i was a bad boy, i kind of deserved it. I was looking for MGS4 news every single day BUT i didn't want to get major stuff spoiled... oh well :/

Note for MGSV, turn off chats on twitch, avoid stupid forums like GT, IGN and Gamefaqs, 4chan etc.

Woffls

I can't believe I avoided all Metal Gear Solid 1-4 spoilers despite playing them for the first time in 2009. I had little intention of playing them either, so it's not like I was actively avoiding spoilers.

Wouldn't have been that bothered about 3/4 being spoiled, but 1/2 would have killed me :/ I'll be careful about Phantom Pain... just in case.

Yeah i was a bad boy, i kind of deserved it. I was looking for MGS4 news every single day BUT i didn't want to get major stuff spoiled... oh well :/

Note for MGSV, turn off chats on twitch, avoid stupid forums like GT, IGN and Gamefaqs, 4chan etc.
That sucks. But ah well, there's probably worse things throughout the series to have spoiled, you know, probably.

But yea, good advice. I get it in my head that if I get a game day 1 and don't take forever to finish it, I must be safe but those leaks can get ya as you know. I hope the OT here will be a safe haven for that shite.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

I plan to marathon MGSV when I get it, probably won't even go to GAF before I finish it.

Sn4ke_911

That sucks. But ah well, there's probably worse things throughout the series to have spoiled, you know, probably.

But yea, good advice. I get it in my head that if I get a game day 1 and don't take forever to finish it, I must be safe but those leaks can get ya as you know. I hope the OT here will be a safe haven for that shite.

Well that was pretty much the biggest MGS4 spoiler.

Yeah hopefully GAF is safe but a few weeks before the game comes out will be a very scary time that's for damn sure.

But im not sure yet if i will be around, i really really don't want anything unofficial spoiled i already got burned hard with MGS4, the same mistake won't happen this time. I mean it's not like an MGS game comes out every 2-3 years. This is always a special time and i really don't want this to be ruined by some asshat.

I did the exact same thing. Served me right I suppose. After MGS3 [which I was on the internet all day every day scouring it for news] I wanted to know everything I could about MGS4.

What are the chances of the release date finally gracing us with it's presence at TGS this year?/ 95%? 100%?

Sn4ke_911

I did the exact same thing. Served me right I suppose. After MGS3 [which I was on the internet all day every day scouring it for news] I wanted to know everything I could about MGS4.

What are the chances of the release date finally gracing us with it's presence at TGS this year?/ 95%? 100%?

Well i did the same for MGS3 but the good (not really) thing is Kojima spoiled pretty much everything before with his trailers. So there was not much left to get spoiled with :p

Pretty damn high i'd say.

Palpable

Hello, GAF!

Finally,

First Post in the community thread. Dawg, Infinity P, Ishi, doctor. doctor. doctor. doctor.....

How are you gentleman?

Welcome to our home... Our Outer Heaven.

Well that was pretty much the biggest MGS4 spoiler.

Yeah hopefully GAF is safe but a few weeks before the game comes out will be a very scary time that's for damn sure.

But im not sure yet if i will be around, i really really don't want anything unofficial spoiled i already got burned hard with MGS4, the same mistake won't happen this time. I mean it's not like an MGS game comes out every 2-3 years. This is always a special time and i really don't want this to be ruined by some asshat.
Will you really be able to stay away from a Metal Gear thread on Neogaf, Sn4ke? Always on the top of those most posts lists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom