• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullface

After all that childish behavior and the way he's acted, you want him to stay? Why...?

Apparently he 'always hated' me so he snapped at me and later said he was trying to get banned.

No offense dude, but I think you're quite arrogant to say we shouldn't want LD to be apart of this community because you two had an argument that got out of hand. You seem like a pretty cool guy and all, and I feel the same way about LD. This is supposed to be a community. He fucked up I guess. Sometimes we allow our emotions to rule us. It's part of the human condition. You shouldn't just write him off because of that.

ybiojz.gif

Gaseous Snake's revenge.
He should be an alternate skin for the decoy.

Palpable

No offense dude, but I think you're quite arrogant to say we shouldn't want LD to be apart of this community because you two had an argument that got out of hand. You seem like a pretty cool guy and all, and I feel the same way about LD. This is supposed to be a community. He fucked up I guess. Sometimes we allow our emotions to rule us. It's part of the human condition. You shouldn't just write him off because of that.

I'm writing him off because of how he always tries to start arguments whenever someone doesn't agree with him. Go take a look at his twitter posts. Apparently he 'always hated' me and wanted to say that stuff for a while now. I did nothing to deserve that sort of hate (not that I can think of, at least).

Skullface

I'm writing him off because of how he always tries to start arguments whenever someone doesn't agree with him. Go take a look at his twitter posts. Apparently he 'always hated' me and wanted to say that stuff for a while now. I did nothing to deserve that sort of hate (not that I can think of, at least).

Let me reiterate something here; all in all, I think you're a cool guy. However, there are times where you strike me as a tool. I recall you acted kind of childish because your avatar was left off of one of the mosaic projects, and that you had advocated that one of the lesser quality mosaics be used so you could feel included. You also threw a few quips out there that no one really paid attention to. I personally never held it against you in the long term, but at the time I thought you were kind of an ass.

There are other instances that I'd have to dig to back up, but my point is that from my perspective you're no better than he is. At least where the big picture is concerned. Just let it go, everyone cool off and we can all go back to being a cohesive group of fans, differing opinions and all.

Palpable

Let me reiterate something here; all in all, I think you're a cool guy. However, there are times where you strike me as a tool. I recall you acted kind of childish because your avatar was left off of one of the mosaic projects, and that you had advocated that one of the lesser quality mosaics be used so you could feel included. You also threw a few quips out there that no one really paid attention to. I personally never held it against you in the long term, but at the time I thought you were kind of an ass.

There are other instances that it's have to dig to back up, but my point is that from my perspective you're no better than he is. At least where the big picture is concerned. Just let it go, everyone cool off and we can all go back to being a cohesive group of fans, differing opinions and all.

For the sake of not starting anything, I won't dive deeper into the "you strike me as a tool" bit. About the mosaic; I expressed disappointment in not being included the first time. Was my disappointment misplaced considering how active I am on here? According to you, I guess, but I didn't act childish about it at all. By the way, I tried mending things with him before via pm. He claimed he had no issue with me. Fool me once...

Skullface said:
Edit: it's not that you're writing off LD, it's that you're telling someone who obviously likes the guy that he should write him off too because you don't like him.

I was more so asking why than anything.

Skullface

For the sake of not starting anything, I won't dive deeper into the "you strike me as a tool" bit. About the mosaic; I expressed disappointment in not being included the first time. Was my disappointment misplaced considering how active I am on here? According to you, I guess, but I didn't act childish about it at all. By the way, I tried mending things with him before via pm. He claimed he had no issue with me. Fool me once...

Look, my point was that we're all susceptible to acting like an ass. I never meant to personally insult you and I won't pursue that angle any further so as to avoid any miscommunications. However, just because you don't like LD at this particular moment of time doesn't mean we should all agree with you.

Edit: it's not that you're writing off LD, it's that you're telling someone who obviously likes the guy that he should write him off too because you don't like him.

Nvzman

I was more so asking why than anything.
Just stop both of you, okay? We don't need to start insulting each other here, this is a community, we work together. Keep it to yourselves or pm each other if you wanna take it further, because no offense, I'm getting a little sick of the shitty mudslinging in MGS topics. I know I have no authority to tell you guys this but I don't want to see people banned for stupid reasons :(
Let's just talk about Metal Gear here, okay?

Skullface

Just stop both of you, okay? We don't need to start insulting each other here, this is a community, we work together. Keep it to yourselves or pm each other if you wanna take it further, because no offense, I'm getting a little sick of the shitty mudslinging in MGS topics. I know I have no authority to tell you guys this but I don't want to see people banned for stupid reasons :(
Let's just talk about Metal Gear here, okay?

I'm game.

Yeah when this does release for PC, It'd be great if you fine PC folks share some personal pics and vids of the game at your best settings so we can all have pleasant wet dreams. I'd love to see this game maxed the fuck out.

i think this is pretty important if kojima wants to make a stealth simulator

id like the ability to remove markers that the game has placed for me, this occurs in a few instances in ground zeroes, for example, when you get to chico's cage after the cut scene kaz places a golden marker on the landing zone, another example is in classified intel acquisition mission after you interrogate the undercover agent and obtain the information that
the tape is in the watch tower
the game places a golden marker there, it also places a marker on the agent once you have identified him, this wouldn't bother me so much if it was only visible from my idroid but its visible while im playing, even when i have the hud and enemy marking turned off the golden objective marker stays on the screen during gameplay, as far as i know you cannot remove these markers in ground zeroes, here is an example of it in the e3 demo for tpp

vlcsnap-2014-07-10-22h37m54s213.png

ideally the marker would stay visible on the idroid but not visible during actual gameplay, when i turn the hud off i want it off

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
i think this is pretty important if kojima want to make a stealth simulator

id like the ability to remove markers that the game has placed for me, this occurs in a few instances in ground zeroes, for example, when you get to chico's cage after the cut scene kaz places a golden marker on the landing zone, another example is in classified intel acquisition mission after you interrogate the undercover agent and obtain the information that
the game places a golden marker there, it also places a marker on the agent once you have identified him, this wouldn't bother me so much if it was only visible from my idroid but its visible while im playing, even when i have the hud and enemy marking turned off the golden objective marker stays on the screen during gameplay, as far as i know you cannot remove these markers in ground zeroes, here is an example of it in the e3 demo for tpp

ideally the marker would stay visible on the idroid but not visible during actual gameplay, when i turn the hud off i want it off

Can you turn off markers in GZ?

Palpable

i think this is pretty important if kojima wants to make a stealth simulator

I totally agree with this. I think it'd be much more immersive if we could turn off those yellow objective markers.

You can, but the objective markers don't turn off.

and its a shame, i get that they want to give the game more flow with less interruptions to gameplay but i don't mind taking out my cool holographic map and checking if im on track to my objective, another thing is that a permanent objective marker kind of kills exploration, why check every room when i am constantly reminded the exact room i need to go to?

i agree with the immersion taking a hit, i want to play this like a stealth simulation, like it was presented in the red band trailer or in the 2012 tgs reveal of gz,

YongYea's first impressions of Gameplay footage

I need to stop watching this speculation stuff. I kind of want to go into this game dark. Contemplating a media blackout after this. :X

Who am i kidding lol
Release date and MGO trailers are going to something

Guys,excuse me for the little OT but
https://twitter.com/ExtremelySolid/status/512695094739087360

Oh no LoveDeterrence! We can't let him go, Brothersssss!

kmToQ28.gif

Come back brotheeer and Let the Legend come back to life!

I can understand him being put off by all the negativity. People in the MGSV screenshots thread saying they the game looks 'disgusting' or that they'll avoid playing as Quiet because of her looks... come the fuck on.

Don't go, LD!

If theres one thing gaf isn't short on its negativity.Theres always going to be some sort of negativity in any and every thread. Best embrace/ignore it, and laugh at it. All in all, people obviously gonna be missing out on one hell of a game for such stupid (and hilarious) reasons.

Props to Nvzman for keeping the cool.
7nCV2vN.gif

R-User!

YongYea's first impressions of Gameplay footage

I need to stop watching this speculation stuff. I kind of want to go into this game dark. Contemplating a media blackout after this. :X

Who am i kidding lol
Release date and MGO trailers are going to something

kmToQ28.gif

Come back brotheeer and Let the Legend come back to life!

If theres one thing gaf isn't short on its negativity.Theres always going to be some sort of negativity in any and every thread. Best embrace/ignore it, and laugh at it. All in all, people obviously gonna be missing out on one hell of a game for such stupid (and hilarious) reasons.

Props to Nvzman for keeping the cool.
7nCV2vN.gif

I have a way to watch the trailers and still "go dark".

I can't get over how awesome that DD reveal was. One of those had to be there moments.

Hope was lost for a few moments when it looked like it was going to pretty much be the same gameplay run through. Then the rollercoaster of seeing the pup, the fulton, the new scene of Big Boss getting back to Motherbase and the pup running up to him. Finally ending with the epic time change and reveal. Such a nice progression.

Palpable

I can't get over how awesome that DD reveal was. One of those had to be there moments.

Hope was lost for a few moments when it looked like it was going to pretty much be the same gameplay run through. Then the rollercoaster of seeing the pup, the fulton, the new scene of Big Boss getting back to Motherbase and the pup running up to him. Finally ending with the epic time change and reveal. Such a nice progression.

I got overjoyed when that cutscene took place.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
So what's actually in the MGS Collection? All I can find is stuff saying it's clothing but no more about it. I wanna seeeeee.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™;130947752 said:
So what's actually in the MGS Collection? All I can find is stuff saying it's clothing but no more about it. I wanna seeeeee.

It's the clothes they showed the other day, includes jackets, boots, iPhone 5 cases, and an arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom