• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™;130949360 said:
Ahh I must have missed that. Do you have any links?

Not that I know of, I was there when they showed it on stream, so it must be somewhere on Youtube.

I've pretty much avoided most of the Phantom Pain talk/news so this might have gotten covered a ton already, but have Kojima or anyone else ever said if all the cutscenes are going to be done in one take like the ones we've seen so far? Still not really sure how I feel about that choice. They can look cool when done right, but sometimes the camera movement seems pretty forced.

It got lost in the hype.

Oh. Aha. No probs...

tumblr_n20tofAtbQ1t7rf4co1_500.gif

Toparaman

Banned
Do you guys think that MGS V will be the first game ever to score 100 points on metacritic?

believe!

With Kojima's divisive style? Don't think so.

It would be pretty questionable too, from a journalistic integrity standpoint. What's the likelihood that any creative work is loved by everyone?

Palpable

I think PO and Rising both count. Maybe to Kojima it doesn't but he can't live in denial forever.

Well what Kojima says, goes. Regardless of the retcons, I take his games as canon only, since he doesn't really acknowledge the other games in his own canon.

JayEH

Well what Kojima says, goes. Regardless of the retcons, I take his games as canon only, since he doesn't really acknowledge the other games in his own canon.

I think he's actually come out and said both games are canon a couple of times now but will continue to shit on them regardless lol.

Palpable

I think he's actually come out and said both games are canon a couple of times now but will continue to shit on them regardless lol.

He's never said Rising is canon. He keeps referring to it as a spin off in a parallel universe, a Platinum Game's interpretation of MG. PO he has said that the overall events are canon, but many details are not.

JayEH

He's never said Rising is canon. He keeps referring to it as a spin off in a parallel universe, a Platinum Game's interpretation of MG. PO he has said that the overall events are canon, but many details are not.

I know some producer from KojiPro said it was canon once, but yeah I've never heard Kojima say that though. Ah whatever, it's a side story that really has nothing in common with the mainline games besides a couple of characters.

Palpable

I know some producer from KojiPro said it was canon once, but yeah I've never heard Kojima say that though. Ah whatever, it's a side story that really has nothing in common with the mainline games besides a couple of characters.

Yeah, the guy who wrote it. The dude with the fro. Forgot his name.

TheBoss1

Idk how anyone could like Rising after watching the original MGS:R. That was a game I looked forward to playing and then BAM! I get hit with a Platinum game disguised in the MG name. So disappointing at that moment.

I only played the demo and it was okay which I'm sure the game is as well, but that is NOT a MG game in DNA.

Come at me bros!

Skullface

Idk how anyone could like Rising after watching the original MGS:R. That was a game I looked forward to playing and then BAM! I get hit with a Platinum game disguised in the MG name. So disappointing at that moment.

I only played the demo and it was okay which I'm sure the game is as well, but that is NOT a MG game in DNA.

Come at me bros!

Rising was very Metal Gear. It wasn't the best, but still...

Yes it is.

There. At you I have come. :)

Screaming, that's what she said. Had to. :)

As I was going to mention to you in the other thread,

Much like the theboss1, I too played the demo (albiet the one that came with the zone of the enders hd collection.) and nothing about it, whatsoever, felt metal gear. I had to shut the music off in the settings just to get through the demo. I wanted MGS:R. I wanted KONAMI'S version of the game, not platinum's.

LET THE ARGUMENTATIVE DEBATE BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Skullface

Screaming, that's what she said. Had to. :)

As I was going to mention to you in the other thread,

Much like the theboss1, I too played the demo (albiet the one that came with the zone of the enders hd collection.) and nothing about it, whatsoever, felt metal gear. I had to shut the music off in the settings just to get through the demo. I wanted MGS:R. I wanted KONAMI'S version of the game, not platinum's.

LET THE ARGUMENTATIVE DEBATE BEGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll agree that the music was garbage. All that heavy industrial metal about persevering and what not. Eck. It was very 90's Saturday morning action cartoon.

What, not even Shinkawa's Raiden design?

I thought that Shinkawa's beautiful designs were tainted by Platinum's engine/interpretation. I'm sorry man. I know it sounds nit picky. It's just my 11 year old self wanted the gray fox game we all wanted, and was given bayonetta gear 3000 instead.

"All right fine, what's the meaning of life?" he asks a robot with a chainsaw tail.

C'mon meat, I know it's supposed to be cheesy but that line alone. Really?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I thought that Shinkawa's beautiful designs were tainted by Platinum's engine/interpretation. I'm sorry man. I know it sounds nit picky. It's just my 11 year old self wanted the gray fox game we all wanted, and was given bayonetta gear 3000 instead.

The engine is a beaut. I thought the game looked great. Like I said before, judge it for what it is, rather than what it isn't.

"All right fine, what's the meaning of life?" he asks a robot with a chainsaw tail.

C'mon meat, I know it's supposed to be cheesy but that line alone. Really?

That of all things set off your cringe-o-meter...? Where have you been? Metal Gear is cheese!

"I AM THE LIGHTNING! THE RAIN TRANSFORMED!"

"Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield?"

The engine is a beaut. I thought the game looked great. Like I said before, judge it for what it is, rather than what it isn't.

That of all things set off your cringe-o-meter...? Where have you been? Metal Gear is cheese!

"I AM THE LIGHTNING! THE RAIN TRANSFORMED!"

"Do you think love can bloom even on a battlefield?"

Yeah, cheese cranked up to eleven. MGS is fine gouda or assiago, whilst rising is more akin to toe or a hobo's peen cheese.

You know you would have loved the original version brev. C'mon :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom