• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe that's it, because I've always hated Pixar.

Edit: Could be the uncanny valley effect.

You know what I hate?

When you go into a public bathroom and the sink faucet is so short that your hands touch the bowl when you go to wash them.

you know what else I hate?

people who drink milk out the carton when no one else is looking

know what else?

having to hold down the square button to aim and then release it to fire.

anything else you ask?

Yeah, people who think cold dry farts are cool. Can't stand em.

Skullface

You know what I hate?

When you go into a public bathroom and the sink faucet is so short that your hands touch the bowl when you go to wash them.

you know what else I hate?

people who drink milk out the carton when no one else is looking

know what else?

having to hold down the square button to aim and then release it to fire.

anything else you ask?

Yeah, people who think cold dry farts are cool. Can't stand em.

...You monster.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Ground Zeroes is $15 on PSN right now.

Someone tell me that's a justifiable price now please.

...You monster.

Skull,

Reaaaaallly think you should reconsider getting the XBONE and switch to ps4. I mean, who else is gonna help me shoot Deimos, Snake 9-11, and Ishida in the fayce when mg03 launches? and everyone else for that matter......

c'mon, you know you want to. :)

Skullface

Skull,

Reaaaaallly think you should reconsider getting the XBONE and switch to ps4. I mean, who else is gonna help me shoot Deimos, Snake 9-11, and Ishida in the fayce when mg03 launches? and everyone else for that matter......

B-but... Muh Halo 2 multiplayer nostalgia :(

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
PS4 will have the biggest mgo community but on pc we may be able to get some custom maps going. I would want to recreate Big Shell. The stretch from strut d to strut f would make a good capture the flag map, although each strut would need more entrances added so the chokepoints would not be so severe. Would put a powerful sniper rifle on top of the heliport and a powerful cqc gun like a magnum where the digital camera would otherwise be downstairs.

The shadow moses helipad opened up to the tank hangar would make a good deathmatch map.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
TF2 Guy has the eyepatch on the wrong eye.

That's how the Demoman is.

400px-Community_Demo_Strategy_Header.png

-Deimos

Skull,

I'm playing on PC, you plebs.

I've been playing Ground Zeroes doing all the trials and S ranks and...is there anyway to get Kaz to shut the fuck up other than muting the TV? Dude keeps yapping every time you reload a checkpoint.

Sub_Level

I've been playing Ground Zeroes doing all the trials and S ranks and...is there anyway to get Kaz to shut the fuck up other than muting the TV? Dude keeps yapping every time you reload a checkpoint.

Join the club.

Otacon in MGS4 was just as bad.

Even the most melodramatic Rose codecs dont have shit on Kaz talking over gameplay. Kaz is awful.

Serious question D,

A). what kind of pc specs you using?

B). when you get the game are you planning on maxing it the fuck out ?

C.) if you do plan to max it the fuck out do you also plan to share pics/vids? (that would be most good).

D.) (this is the most important question) what is succatash? and why is it suffering?

-Deimos

Serious question D,

A). what kind of pc specs you using?

B). when you get the game are you planning on maxing it the fuck out ?

C.) if you do plan to max it the fuck out do you also plan to share pics/vids? (that would be most good).

D.) (this is the most important question) what is succatash? and why is it suffering?
GTX 670 4GB
i7-2600k @ 4.2GHz
8GB RAM

Hopefully

Possibly

Probably because of that stupid bird.

Join the club.

Otacon in MGS4 was just as bad.

Even the most melodramatic Rose codecs dont have shit on Kaz talking over gameplay. Kaz is awful.

I'm not sure he was just as bad but yea, he was pretty annoying too. I came out of Peace Walker being a big Kaz fan but damn, he's grating on me. Is this what no codec is doing to Metal Gear?

I'm not sure he was just as bad but yea, he was pretty annoying too. I came out of Peace Walker being a big Kaz fan but damn, he's grating on me. Is this what no codec is doing to Metal Gear?

kaz talking isn't an issue, but kaz repeating things you already know on subsequent playthroughs is annoying. i'm 99% sure someone from konami said this is an issue they will address in TPP

kaz talking isn't an issue, but kaz repeating things you already know on subsequent playthroughs is annoying. i'm 99% sure someone from konami said this is an issue they will address in TPP

will they also address the rate of crawling speed? cuz hopefully, it ain't just when you're crawling through a puddle.

Vally

Agreed. I don't mind the talking, it's just that I don't need to hear it a hundred times every time I restart the checkpoint/mission. I'm trying to S rank the 'eliminate the renegade threat' mission and all the EYE AND THE FINGER is driving me crazy.

what's wrong with the crawling speed?

When you move the analog stick forward, whether it's slightly or firmly, snake crawls at the same rate of speed. if you watch the E3 2014 gameplay demo, it seems like the only time he crawls slowly is through a body of shallow water.

dunno. we'll see when the final product launches.

When you move the analog stick forward, whether it's slightly or firmly, snake crawls at the same rate of speed. if you watch the E3 2014 gameplay demo, it seems like the only time he crawls slowly is through a body of shallow water.

dunno. we'll see when the final product launches.

oh yeah, i agree, it should be analog

oh yeah, i agree, it should be analog

See for me it sucked because a while go, around the time of post GZ launch, there was gaf thread where everyone was giving their feedback about what additions and omissions and tweeks that wanted to see in the phantom pain. I was still trying to establish a gaf account at the time and couldn't say shit. It was murder. It was like...sleep paralysis.

See for me it sucked because a while go, around the time of post GZ launch, there was gaf thread where everyone was giving their feedback about what additions and omissions and tweeks that wanted to see in the phantom pain. I was still trying to establish a gaf account at the time and couldn't say shit. It was murder. It was like...sleep paralysis.

haha, i'm certain you aren't the only one to mention that. i recall sending feedback to a couple of konami twitter accounts that were requesting suggestions. i'm surprised i didn't think of that. though admittedly, my primary concerns were the camera inclose quarters, and the finicky cover system

EDIT: oh and i also expressed my concerns with the game forcing you into crouch from prone when trying to enter a duct as i got caught by guards due to that issue more than a copule times.

Sub_Level

My concern was to limit the sprinting so you couldnt just make Big Boss sprint through the desert for 24 hours lol

My concern was to limit the sprinting so you couldnt just make Big Boss sprint through the desert for 24 hours lol

i wouldn't be surprised, because kojima, if your stamina gradually decreases the longer you run for as opposed to the standard practice where your sprint will instantly stop for a set period of time before you can run again

Toparaman

Banned
Guys, I'm about to play Peace Walker (HD version) for the first time. I'm not sure how the co-op works exactly, but would anyone be down for the occasional co-op mission?

I feel like I need to share this but I can't really think of any other place to do it:

I have never played a Metal Gear game before. I just bought Ground Zeroes out of sheer curiosity (and I need something to play on my PS4).

So far nothing makes sense!

I feel like I need to share this but I can't really think of any other place to do it:

I have never played a Metal Gear game before. I just bought Ground Zeroes out of sheer curiosity (and I need something to play on my PS4).

did you read the backstory first?

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

Of course it won't, it's like watching Return of the King first. If you have a PS3, try getting the Legacy Collection.

I'll take a look at the backstory. I've picked up quite a bit of Metal Gear knowledge over the years by osmosis, but I guess I didn't expect it to just drop me in the middle of the story like this. I guess I'm getting too used to games holding my hand a little in this day and age.

I am actually surprised at how much I'm enjoying the gameplay, though.

Toparaman

Banned
I can join the PS3 Peace Walker fest.

PSN: Xluidi

Great!

there is probably 0.0% chance you will enjoy the "boss" battles

Yeah, I've heard that.

I'll take a look at the backstory. I've picked up quite a bit of Metal Gear knowledge over the years by osmosis, but I guess I didn't expect it to just drop me in the middle of the story like this. I guess I'm getting too used to games holding my hand a little in this day and age.

MGS is one of the few AAA franchises that basically expects you to play through every previous entry in the series. There's not much of an attempt at self-containment, with the exception of MGS3. It's becoming an increasingly ridiculous requirement as the series gets longer and older.

Hell, the main reason I'm playing through Peace Walker is because Ground Zeroes is a direct sequel to it. And that's a non-numbered entry in the series!

J.EM1

Haha agreed! It's come to the point where I can quote all the lines during my repeat playthroughs.

"This job. It came through a cut-out.."

Yes, Kaz. I know. lol

JayEH

Peace Walker would be perfect for me if it had better boss fights. Oh well. Hopefully TPP boss fights aren't horrible. Cross fingers for Psycho Mantis 2.0

Like toparaman said, Metal Gear doesn't give a fuck if you haven't played the other games in the series. That's actually one of the things I like about it so much. Not that it excludes people from understanding a story but that it just has such a crazy story that you have to play the other games in the series to fully appreciate it.

It's refreshing to me that a series isn't always freaked out about trying to reach a bigger audience. If this was an EA game, MGSV would just be called "Metal Gear Solid" in an attempt to bring in new players.

Glad to know you're enjoying the gameplay though. Ground Zeroes is MG gameplay at its finest and TPP will only get better.

Nice. I can't guarantee anything, since I may find after starting Peace Walker that I enjoy it alone. I'm in the PST time zone btw.

My PSN ID is topraman517

I can join the PS3 Peace Walker fest.

PSN: Xluidi

I'll add you both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom