• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

Haha agreed! It's come to the point where I can quote all the lines during my repeat playthroughs.

"This job. It came through a cut-out.."

Yes, Kaz. I know. lol

"The politically sensitive nature of the mission means backup... is not an option", - That's the most badass thing Kaz says in the opening. I love it.

Although, they're not as good as the other games' boss fights, I kinda like the Peace Walker boss fights. I appreciated that they were kinda challenging. Then they get boring after you fight them 500 more times.

I've accepted what has become of the characters in the canon at this point, whether it's good or bad, and I'm not certain of how I feel about the origin of the A.I.'s (GW,JD,AL, etc..) inserted in peace walker.

be that as it may, I wonder where kojima is going with the whole "Les Enfants Terribles project abandoned in 1976" ordeal since he has to work within SOME confines of the overall cannon. At least the parts I assume he isn't sacrificing at the cost of telling a new story.

There are so many directions this could go in.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

TOLD YOU!

*Awaits Sn4ke's reaction*

leuhkikcskn4frsc3.gif
leuhkikcskn4frsc3.gif
leuhkikcskn4frsc3.gif

TOLD YOU!

I honestly think that nurse is merely an extra or a konami staff member they scanned in for a brief moment in the hospital scene.

Also, if we take into consideration that some va's face's are being used for certain characters (i.e. T-roy baker = Ocelot) then this:

Metal-Gear-Solid-V-The-Phantom-Pain-Nurse.jpg

doesn't quite resemble this:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130521174758/metalgear/es/images/9/98/Para_.medic..jpg

who is voiced by this:

http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/actors/actor_9540.jpg

I'm just sayin.

Skullface

TOLD YOU!

I honestly think that nurse is merely an extra or a konami staff member they scanned in for a brief moment in the hospital scene.

Also, if we take into consideration that some va's face's are being used for certain characters (i.e. T-roy baker = Ocelot) then this:

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130521174758/metalgear/es/images/9/98/Para_.medic..jpg

who is voiced by this:

http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/actors/actor_9540.jpg

I'm just sayin.

Yeah... Pretty sure Dr.Clark isn't a nurse in Cyprus.

By the way, can we talk about Cyprus for a moment? Is it still accepted that this is where the hospital is?

Yeah... Pretty sure Dr.Clark isn't a nurse in Cyprus.

By the way, can we talk about Cyprus for a moment? Is it still accepted that this is where the hospital is?

Why the hell haven't we been talking about this?

I'll have to again reference where exactly it is, but the map at the other end of the room lead many to speculate cyprus as the location.

The question I'm asking though is how much of the introduction will be playable?

I have this feeling that it will be a linear opening to further add to the ambiguity of his post-coma situation.

Jingo

Finished playing peace walker for the first time, and this coming from "good either way " guy, david hayter is perfect for the role, i dont know what the heck people say is grasp voice is a problem for deeper talks, even know in the end when he says" from now on, call me, big boss!!" you can sense the feeling in is voice, dont get me wrong, i love keifer voice too, but i think most of you saying their glad we was replaced because of the grasp voice or lack of feeling, are actually forgoten of the previews games were, go play one, and tell me if you dont think hayter is still up to the task.

Finished playing peace walker for the first time, and this coming from "good either way " guy, david hayter is perfect for the role, i dont know what the heck people say is grasp voice is a problem for deeper talks, even know in the end when he says" from now on, call me, big boss!!" you can sense the feeling in is voice, dont get me wrong, i love keifer voice too, but i think most of you saying their glad we was replaced because of the grasp voice or lack of feeling, are actually forgoten of the previews games were, go play one, and tell me if you dont think hayter is still up to the task.

okay, here we go: I don't think Hayter is still up to the task. He sounds like shit in Peace Walker.

Jingo

I think Hayter could do an acceptable job. But why settle for acceptable?

I think hayter was only a problem after being replaced, if we never knew that kiefer was gonna do the roll everyone would be happy with hayter, i never saw anyone pointing any issue against his voice until he was replaced.

I know this is old talk already but the proof is that lots of fans still wanting him to do the voice...

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
TOLD YOU!

who is voiced by this:

I'm just sayin.

To me that nurse looks pretty similar to the VA of Para Medic.

J.EM1

CHEEZMO™;133449863 said:
I never got the Cyprus thing. I mean how would you end up there if your helicopter crashes in the Caribbean?
Medevac/Casevac helo on station picks them up and takes them to secondary/tertiary location chosen by Kaz?

Or Boss has an inflatable boat in his messenger bag. :p

Medevac/Casevac helo on station picks them up and takes them to secondary/tertiary location chosen by Kaz?

Or Boss has an inflatable boat in his messenger bag. :p

Or.......

the cpr scene we have been shown since the first (not your kind of people) trailer is somewhere near the Caribbean and sometime after said scene they have a comatose bb secretly transported to an undisclosed location in cyprus.

what'll most likely happen is the game opens with a rehash via flashback or some shit. we'll see this scene:

Metal-gear-Solid-5-1.jpg

cut to black.

cue Sins of the Father title sequence.

awakening from coma.

bob's your uncle.

Skullface

Or.......

the cpr scene we have been shown since the first (not your kind of people) trailer is somewhere near the Caribbean and sometime after said scene they have a comatose bb secretly transported to an undisclosed location in cyprus.

what'll most likely happen is the game opens with a rehash via flashback or some shit. we'll see this scene:

Metal-gear-Solid-5-1.jpg

cut to black.

cue Sins of the Father title sequence.

awakening from coma.

bob's your uncle.

Yeah, I was involved in a discussion about how Big Boss got to Cyprus from the Caribbean a month or two after GZ came out. There was some speculation that the crash wasn't what caused the coma and the hospital in Cyprus was one of the main points to back that up. But seeing as Big Boss was in a coma for 9 years there was plenty of room for him to have been moved around before he came to. Awful lot of white guys for a Caribbean hospital though... You'd expect a little more diversity, and British accents to boot.

A lot of people probably disagree with me, but I think there's good reason to believe that the helicopter isn't the cause of the coma. It was obviously shown the way it was to make us believe that's what happened.

JayEH

Yeah, I was involved in a discussion about how Big Boss got to Cyprus from the Caribbean a month or two after GZ came out. There was some speculation that the crash wasn't what caused the coma and the hospital in Cyprus was one of the main points to back that up. But seeing as Big Boss was in a coma for 9 years there was plenty of room for him to have been moved around before he came to. Awful lot of white guys for a Caribbean hospital though... You'd expect a little more diversity, and British accents to boot.

A lot of people probably disagree with me, but I think there's good reason to believe that the helicopter isn't the cause of the coma. It was obviously shown the way it was to make us believe that's what happened.

I'm fairly confident that BB does not go into a coma in the crash. If you look at the GDC trailer, there's a scene where BB is looking out the helicopter with his face all bloodied up. That's probably the opening scene of TPP.

But who knows, maybe that was a scene they cut from the game.

Yeah I recall seeing that discussion.............................from the sidelines :(

The thought of them white devils working at a caribbean location also crossed my mind as well.

Whatever the ethnicity, it might just be a detail Kojima doesn't give a fuck a bout simply for the sake of filming a scene (if that makes any sense).

Much the same way that most of the marine's and pow's in camp omega all had non accent's even though I'm pretty sure there was more than a handful of cuban's in the marine corps employ......especially in cuba.

I think there are just some things that Kojima and crew gloss over when shooting the scenes. Like..........cinemasins worthy nitpicks if you will.

But I do agree with you Skull. There are scenes in the trailers from GZ that we haven't seen yet. Whether or not they actually were cut, remains to be seen.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I knew MGS1 Snake missions would be hard, but damn even basic Sneaking mode is absolutely devastating. This has to be the highest level of difficulty in the entire series.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member

mzupeman

Banned
This guy says The Phantom Pain could be released in February. Not sure of the credibility of that page though

http://bytesizeimpressions.com/2014/10/08/byte-size-rumor-phantom-pain-in-february/

It's my site, and thanks for posting the link.

As far as credibility, I'm not an industry insider or anything like that, nor will I ever claim to be one. To the point, I'm just a really passionate guy that likes to follow the industry and write editorials that attempt to inform consumers about certain things, hoping to make things a bit more transparent for them.

Before creating this site, I actually joined the Dodd Scientifics staff for a short while - mind you, I had no clue who this guy was when I signed up - and once I saw that there was no leadership, not to mention its own share of transparency issues, I decided it was time to leave. So, then, I began my own website and have decided to write on my own, since I'm passionate enough to do so.

OK buddy.

I understand that it sounds like a crock, but I did try to maintain the 'take it with a grain of salt' as a leading consideration while reading the article. This information WAS given to me by someone employed by Sony, and the information was given to THEM by someone from Konami. You don't have to believe it if you don't want to... Again, grain of salt. Big one.

Lol yeah there's a few degrees of separation there but at least he admits this could all but made up in the article.

Not made up, just that the information was a 'slip of the tongue' sort of the thing from the rep at Konami, hence the 'take this with a grain of salt'.

Vally

It's my site, and thanks for posting the link.

As far as credibility, I'm not an industry insider or anything like that, nor will I ever claim to be one. To the point, I'm just a really passionate guy that likes to follow the industry and write editorials that attempt to inform consumers about certain things, hoping to make things a bit more transparent for them.

Before creating this site, I actually joined the Dodd Scientifics staff for a short while - mind you, I had no clue who this guy was when I signed up - and once I saw that there was no leadership, not to mention its own share of transparency issues, I decided it was time to leave. So, then, I began my own website and have decided to write on my own, since I'm passionate enough to do so.

Ah I see, thanks for the explanation. I'd love to have the game in February so let's hope your source is right! :)

JayEH

Not made up, just that the information was a 'slip of the tongue' sort of the thing from the rep at Konami, hence the 'take this with a grain of salt'.

Thanks for clearing everything up. I didn't mean to say it was made up, I was referring to the grain of salt comment . I was dangerously walking and typing on my phone at the same time and just wrote something up real quick haha.

Batzi

Banned
Cyprus used to be a British colony and some of its areas during the 80s were controlled by the British army. The hospital in which Big Boss came to after 9 years on ice is probably one of those areas controlled by the British army. Zero served in the British SAS and being the head of The Patriots with so much power on his hands, it would be reasonable to think that Zero moved Big Boss' body to an undisclosed location in order to could keep an eye on him and make sure that he's safe.

The identity of the soldiers that attack the hospital is still unknown. Due to the uniform and gears resemblance some people believe they're XOF members sent by Skull Face to capture Big Boss and that Mantis was sent by Ocelot to safely guide Big Boss out of the hospital and out of harm's way. At some point, we witnessed Big Boss being found by the supposedly XOF members having their rifles mounted with flashlights pointed at him and Mantis floating behind them. We don't know what exactly happened there but we do know that somehow, Big Boss managed to escape.

Regarding Ishmael and whether or not he is real or just Mantis' creation, Ishmael is seen carrying a gun after an explosion happened in one of the hallways. If Ishmael was nothing but a result of Mantis' psychokinetic powers then why show him carrying a gun? How would a gun help in this scenario? It's all in Big Boss' mind, it's his subconscious, it can't harm anyone but Big Boss himself so could it be a real human? If Ishmael was a subconscious then his role would be to guide Big Boss outside to safety, a gun can't change anything in this case.

There are a lot of theories regarding Mantis, Ishmael and the soldiers who attack the hospital. All discussed in 2012.

JayEH

What if the bonding system in TPP is similar to the romance system in Mass Effect? Think about it, Big Boss can romance Quiet, maybe EVA, Paramedic, Ocelot lol.

My guess is it will be similar to Mass Effect 2 in that you have to do "loyalty missions" for each character in order to use them/get better abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom