• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

Getting real sick of you dude. Can you for once explain something without condescending on someone?

Huh? Is this sarcasm? I wasn't being condescening at all. I was letting him know he could zoom the camera in during cutscenes in the games with the triggers since he was unaware of the zoom feature in GZ.

Chinner

Banned
more pics here - http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=16412

J4rG6xE.jpg

are you getting this toy?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
are you getting this toy?

No. I gotta say even if i'm a die hard MGS fan the only merchandise i have is the Old Snake figure from the MGS4 collectors edition.

I'm not much of a collector but i will for sure buy the biggest collectors or premium edition available for MGSV.

DIdn't even know they had a Metal Gear category. Just downloaded and supposedly I just beat someone ranked in the top 10 in the category lol.

Update: After 10 mins of playing I'm top 10 in my state now lol. Not many competitors out there I suppose :p Haven't lost a game yet.

mgs quiz-up is cool, but after you play for a few hours, the question repeats get annoying. it gets the point where it's just race against the clock to pick the right answer quicker than the next guy, rather than actually thinking about trivia and getting the right answer

Palpable

mgs quiz-up is cool, but after you play for a few hours, the question repeats get annoying. it gets the point where it's just race against the clock to pick the right answer quicker than the next guy, rather than actually thinking about trivia and getting the right answer

This is why I stopped playing. I was #1 in my state and top 10 in the nation back in August.

-Deimos

You know, I always thought that scene was some sort of parody since I didn't remember it from my first playthrough of mgs2. I was laughing like an idiot when I played through it again a few weeks ago.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
MGS2 confirmed for an onion that you can never stop peeling.

I'm really sad that it's been 13 years and completely interactive enviroments like the Tanker's mini bar with realistic ice bucket melting aren't the standard instead of the exception. Kojima is truly a genius.

JayEH

I'm really sad that it's been 13 years and completely interactive enviroments like the Tanker's mini bar with realistic ice bucket melting aren't the standard instead of the exception. Kojima is truly a genius.

Everyone else is too busy trying to make the most "cinematic" games at 30 fps to worry about things that make the game world more believable.

TheBoss1

Mind blown.

I am at the point where I hate to even hear/see those words...all because devs need to come up with a nice sounding excuse to choose graphical fidelity over gameplay smoothness.

/rant

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Holy crap i missed the latest Kojima Station episode but apparently when they talked about MGS3 one of the devs started crying because of
The Boss fate.

These guys are so passionate about what they are doing and are so attached to the characters they create. Really amazing.

Kojima-Station-MGS3-Tamari-Emotional-Gauge.jpg

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=16453

JayEH

Oh crap. PS4 Update 2.0 is adding usb music support. Does this mean Kojima Productions will patch in import music support for Ground Zeroes/implement this into TPP? I know the last gen versions had this feature.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Oh crap. PS4 Update 2.0 is adding usb music support. Does this mean Kojima Productions will patch in import music support for Ground Zeroes/implement this into TPP? I know the last gen versions had this feature.

You got the old cassette player/helicopter PA in GZ. I imagine they'll have something similar for TPP.

JayEH

The import function is only for last gen. Both current gen consoles don't have it. Hopefully KojiPro will patch this into the ps4 version now.

Nvzman

Am I being dense or can't you already do that? I have ten tracks from my xbox loaded into GZ. My helicopter plays 'Esctacy of Gold' whenever I get picked up. XD

Maybe for ps3 and 360 version. Unsure about xbone. For ps4 nope.
Yeah it's a last-gen feature because PS4 (at the time) and Xbox One have no usb import features.
Worst part on PS4 is that if you want to play music (from the USB app or Music Unlimited) into Ground Zeroes you cannot mute the music/audio at all for it so you have to deal with hearing every audio tune in the game on top of your own music.
Makes me want to get the PS3 version just for it.
The import function is only for last gen. Both current gen consoles don't have it. Hopefully KojiPro will patch this into the ps4 version now.

^

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

dc89

Finished my MGS4 play though today. Just a story play through as I've not finished it since launch.
I've never felt so conflicted about an ending of a game.

JayEH

I've beaten MGS4 I think 6 times before the trophy patch. Once after it. If it had trophies back in the day I would have definitely went for it then. Can't bring myself to do it now.

Nvzman

I still love playing MGS4, besides the 3rd act. The 3rd act is a godawful trailing section, a pain in the ass chase scene, then a meh boss fight.

I'm the only person I know who never really had a problem with act 3. I think it's because I liked seeing snake in a........shall we say odd civilian situation for the first time. Plus I liked the Gillian Seed outfit (regardless of not knowing the reference at the time.).

I didn't had a problem with act 3 the first time I played it. But now it's really becoming incredibly boring and the Raven fight remains the only action. During the chase I only hold triangle and press myself against my Big Momma.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
i like act 3, it has probably the best enviroment in the whole game, the "stalk someone in a civilian enviroment" thing is kinda unique and fun to me, and a real nice mgs3 callback section (unless playing on EE)

i've always been in the disappointed-that-they-abandoned-everything-that-was-great-about-acts-1and2. i still enjoy the game, but act 3 is a significant step back from act 1 and 2

i've always been in the disappointed-that-they-abandoned-everything-that-was-great-about-acts-1and2. i still enjoy the game, but act 3 is a significant step back from act 1 and 2

Yea, pretty much. On my first playthrough, I thought it was kinda cool they were doing something so different but when we never got back to Act 1 and 2 gameplay, it does kinda sour it. I do like MGS4 but that that was disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom