• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

June 2015. 7 year anniversary of MGS4.

I want to believe March but all the voice work is killing my belief. If the English VA isn't done, they still have to do all the Japanese VA since it's a dub over the English one.

But damn, that means they have been doing voice over for 2+ years.

*sigh*

I wish they would just give us the release date already. Kojima/Konami Japan know exactly when it is coming out; so why not let us know too so we can pre-order it and get the hype train moving?!?

Fuckleberry finn! If Imma have to wait another year I may as well media blackout muhself now. Certainly envious of the guy who has already done so day 1.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Kojima just won another Lifetime Achievement award!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/k6BeV9idXj3MWT99Qlp

foiuvk.gif

Here was his first time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoCoE2rjtfA

Goddamn always gives me the chills when i see that trailer with the music.

JayEH

Why is he at BB's grave?

Because he's his dad and even though BB tried to kill him, he was still a pretty cool dude? Idk.

And to answer the original question, this confirms it's BB's. I remember seeing something written on the tombstone.

http://youtu.be/fPbNi_UxNBw?t=6h47m5s

hey guys what do you think is the best metal gear?

i think twin snakes is the best metal gear.

That's an unpopular opinion lol. I think 3 and PW are the two best. I have a special place for MGS4 too even though it has many problems.

-Deimos

Because he's his dad and even though BB tried to kill him, he was still a pretty cool dude? Idk.

And to answer the original question, this confirms it's BB's. I remember seeing something written on the tombstone.

Snake didn't give two shits about BB. Talk about a bad father-son relationship.

JayEH

Snake didn't give two shits about BB. Talk about a bad father-son relationship.

Well he was saluting his grave so there was at least one shit given. Or it could be that he just wanted to blast his brains on his tombstone as a last fuck you to his dad haha.

Palpable

"A hero forever loyal to the flames of war, rests in Outer Heaven"

I want that written on my tombstone when I go.

Yen

GZ has been out for nearly 9 months, and I've only just realised pressing the right trigger on the menu screen zooms into Snake.

Vally

I still keep discovering new things about Ground Zeroes... the other day I found out that the guards can enter blue doors while they are looking for you (those rooms are empty though, and I think you can't go inside)

Well he was saluting his grave so there was at least one shit given. Or it could be that he just wanted to blast his brains on his tombstone as a last fuck you to his dad haha.

As he got "older" and dealt with the patriots, ocelot, solidus, etc...he appreciated that the lines between villain and hero are perhaps even more blurred than he fully realized in the mg/mg2/mgs days. So while he may not have agreed with BB, he empathized with him...especially when SS knew he was dying

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Come on Xpike, really? Also pressing one of the triggers during cutscenes also zooms the camera in.

nah, that I did know
Also, voice acting not being nearly done doesn't mean we can give up the early 2015 date, they could have all the game ready and the only thing left is to implement the tutorial and optional CODECS

JayEH

nah, that I did know
Also, voice acting not being nearly done doesn't mean we can give up the early 2015 date, they could have all the game ready and the only thing left is to implement the tutorial and optional CODECS

Hopefully it's stuff that won't require motion capture because they were still doing that like a month ago.

JayEH

Do you guys still play QuizUp - Metal Gear?

'cause I'm getting kinda addicted to it. :D

DIdn't even know they had a Metal Gear category. Just downloaded and supposedly I just beat someone ranked in the top 10 in the category lol.

Update: After 10 mins of playing I'm top 10 in my state now lol. Not many competitors out there I suppose :p Haven't lost a game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom