• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawg

B0o3TKTIEAE7xrY.png:large

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

itz habbening

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I highly, highly doubt she will be a truly optional character. The degree with which you interact with Quiet may be up to you, you might not even have to recruit her at all, but there is too much focus to suggest that you can avoid her entirely.

Palpable

I highly, highly doubt she will be a truly optional character. The degree with which you interact with Quiet may be up to you, you might not even have to recruit her at all, but there is too much focus to suggest that you can avoid her entirely.

All the focus is because the nerdy virgins can't stop drooling over her.

JayEH

For sure, I live in Vegas.

Anyone else from MGS-GAF going?

Cool, I was trying to see if I go could but plans fell through :/

Doubt anything Metal Gear related will be there but should be fun, have you gone before? (or has it not be in Vegas before?)

It's possible that wee see Quiet sometime before her tongue gets cuts out. I don't maybe she just doesn't want to talk. Damn it Kojima why are you still recording Dialogue! This game needs to be finished.

Nvzman

I wonder if the plot twist is something like Quiet being Big Boss's long lost sister and the "shame" comes from incestuous interest or something dumb like that.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if the plot twist is something like Quiet being Big Boss's long lost sister and the "shame" comes from incestuous interest or something dumb like that.

That won't happen since Big Boss only has eyes for guns and Eva.

Skullface

That would suck gofer balls.
This wait sucks all kind of gofer balls as it is. I get that they have to hype their product from a marketing perspective, but I would so much rather that they made the initial announcement like, at TGS, with a 2015 release window. 365 days is a big window. This game is always in some small part of my brain, making the wait entirely agonizing.

This wait sucks all kind of gofer balls as it is. I get that they have to hype their product from a marketing perspective, but I would so much rather that they made the initial announcement like, at TGS, with a 2015 release window. 365 days is a big window. This game is always in some small part of my brain, making the wait entirely agonizing.

I remember the wait for mgs 4 (it was announced in '05/0'6 no?) felt agonizing as well but in it's own right because I didn't have the internet(nor did I even know of Gaf's existence) so I had to relay on whatever gaming mags I came across for tid bits of information. Come to think of it, I remember I spent a few hours in barns and noble one night reading an article about the game in game informer. Damn.......

What was everybody else' pre 4 experience like?

JayEH

I remember the wait for mgs 4 (it was announced in '05/0'6 no?) felt agonizing as well but in it's own right because I didn't have the internet(nor did I even know of Gaf's existence) so I had to relay on whatever gaming mags I came across for tid bits of information. Come to think of it, I remember I spent a few hours in barns and noble one night reading an article about the game in game informer. Damn.......

What was everybody else' pre 4 experience like?

I saw that MGS4 got a bunch of 10s when it came out so I got a PS3 in early 09 and played through all the MG games in a month. This is the first time I've had to wait for a numbered entry and I don't know how you guys do it...over 2 years since Ground Zeroes was announced.

I think Kojima needs to not announce his games so early. Building hype is one thing, this is torture.

Yea but if they didn't announce them earlier, every single E3 and TGS and whatever else, we'd be "oooooooh my god! No MGS!? Really Kojima? I'm not even gonna buy it now if it ever is announced since it's obvious you don't even care about the franchise anymore." We'd complain either way because it's what we do. The very existence of the franchise will make us anticipate the next one.

Sub_Level

When Raiden says he was revived by Dr. Madnar, it is possible he was referring to Madnar's daughter who may have never married.

-Deimos

When Raiden says he was revived by Dr. Madnar, it is possible he was referring to Madnar's daughter who may have never married.

It's implied that they're talking about Drago Madnar and his daughter wasn't a doctor (I think). But we never actually saw the doctor in MGS4 so I guess Kojima could say it was her if he wanted to, but I doubt it.

Sub_Level

The only thing with Drago is that he would be old as fuck. Like really really old. But then again we have 100+ year old Zero and The End....

-Deimos

The only thing with Drago is that he would be old as fuck. Like really really old. But then again we have 100+ year old Zero and The End....

Do we have a birth date for him? If not we can probably assume he was around 60-70 in MG, making him around 80-90 in MGS4.

JayEH

Can anyone tell me what the Japanese would be for Liquid Snake? Listening to the Control Mix from MGS OST I think you hear it around the 0:45 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhH8BI2PhJM

The romanized Japanese of how they pronounce it is Rikiddo sunēku. It's an english word though so it's just Liquid Snake though, you can't literally translate Liquid and Snake.

And before you ask, no I don't speak Japanese :p Just some quick Google searches and common knowledge of how foreign words are used in Japanese.

Vally

From the latest Kojima Station (translated by JunkerHQ). Free roam in TPP

Kojima elaborates on the gameplay structure of TPP. In free roam you can go anywhere in the game world. But when you are given or accept a mission there's a mission area. If you leave that mission area during the mission, you fail the mission. During free roam, you can do side quests and other activities around the game world.

Palpable

Cool, I was trying to see if I go could but plans fell through :/

Doubt anything Metal Gear related will be there but should be fun, have you gone before? (or has it not be in Vegas before?)

It's possible that wee see Quiet sometime before her tongue gets cuts out. I don't maybe she just doesn't want to talk. Damn it Kojima why are you still recording Dialogue! This game needs to be finished.

Never been. This is the first time playstation has done something like this. They claim there will be new announcements, etc.

JayEH

Never been. This is the first time playstation has done something like this. They claim there will be new announcements, etc.

Oh, I'm thinking of Destination Playstation that's been going on for a couple of years.

I may have to import TPP premium edition. Doubt we'll get anything cool in the US CE besides an artbook.

JayEH

I hope not. His post history suggests he got ban for trolling in a Sunset Overdrive thread but nothing perma worthy.

I know kojima has been tweeting about vo sessions. I assume those are Japanese vo sessions, meaning the english is done already. At least the particular vo they are recording. Have any of the English vo actors tweeted about vo recently? They very well may be done with all of the English vo at this point

Skullface

I know kojima has been tweeting about vo sessions. I assume those are Japanese vo sessions, meaning the english is done already. At least the particular vo they are recording. Have any of the English vo actors tweeted about vo recently? They very well may be done with all of the English vo at this point

Stefanie was doing some VO.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Code Talker's voice actor just a few days ago. And i remember Kaz a few weeks ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom