• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread: Made you wait, didn't I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

Prepare to YongYea.

From his Twitter:

Reason it has taken him so long is because he needed time to scour through our MGS GAF threads for content that he can further not credit anyone for. The guy is a hack. Stop being sheep, guys.

Anyone download the PS4 rectangular theme? Reminds me a little of MGS VR.

Erigu

I get that 'Venusian Crabs' in MGS3 is to do with a movie, but 'Venus in Cancer' is horoscope babble in it's own right.
Which probably is why the translator went with it: I imagine he thought that was meant to be a reference to astrology. But it wasn't. It was a reference to the monster in that 1956 movie, indeed.
It's a translation fuck up, nothing more.
(too bad the translator didn't or couldn't take the time to check how the astrological term "Venus in Cancer" would actually sound in Japanese)

Where does the crab part come in? Is there a crab in the movie?
The monster had crab claws.

JayEH

Yong just takes too long for his videos. It's been well over a month since the gameplay was shown. It's been analyzed to death by now.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Which probably is why the translator went with it: I imagine he thought that was meant to be a reference to astrology. But it wasn't. It was a reference to the monster in that 1956 movie, indeed.
It's a translation fuck up, nothing more.
(too bad the translator didn't or couldn't take the time to check how the astrological term "Venus in Cancer" would actually sound in Japanese)

I've never played the Japanese version. Does the parrot say 'Venusian Crabs' in that?

Nvzman

I'm going to a Halloween party tomorrow, so I said fuck it and I'm dressing up as Tuxedo Solid Snake
I'm hoping some people will know who I am but I don't care if they don't.

wilsonda

Are any metal gear fans on the xbone? I figure I might as well share gamer tags so we can chat metal gear while we play other games and wait for MGSV...

Gamertag: DazzlingDean

Normally I'm playing BF4 and Titanfall but I'll be on the evolve beta this weekend

when I am not replaying Ground Zeroes

JayEH

Are any metal gear fans on the xbone? I figure I might as well share gamer tags so we can chat metal gear while we play other games and wait for MGSV...

Gamertag: DazzlingDean

Normally I'm playing BF4 and Titanfall but I'll be on the evolve beta this weekend

when I am not replaying Ground Zeroes

I have a Xbone but I spend most of my time on PS4.

GT: Snake MSF (it's the best version of Snake :p)

and my PSN: RedViperN7

I imagine we're setting up a MG gaf clan for MGO?

Skullface

Just got my Bone. Any recommendations while I'm killing time for the PP?

I really only need something to hold me over until the 11th when the Master Chief collection drops. That alone should keep me going for 6-8 months

By the way, I'm not impressed with the marginal graphical upgrade (when compared to my ps3)

JayEH

Just got my Bone. Any recommendations while I'm killing time for the PP?

I really only need something to hold me over until the 11th when the Master Chief collection drops. That alone should keep me going for 6-8 months

By the way, I'm not impressed with the marginal graphical upgrade (when compared to my ps3)

What games are you comparing it to? Ryse is a definitely update.

JayEH

Truthfully, the only games I've played are The Evil Within and Chariot. Since Chariot is an indie game and The Evil Within is cross gen, maybe I'm not seeing it yet.

Yeah the Evil Within is definitely rough on all platforms.

Just a random thought that popped up in my head but has it been discussed on the possibility of Mantis working with Ocelot in TPP to get BB out of the coma since they're both Russian? If that's been discussed to death just ignore it then :p

Yeah the Evil Within is definitely rough on all platforms.

Just a random thought that popped up in my head but has it been discussed on the possibility of Mantis working with Ocelot in TPP to get BB out of the coma since they're both Russian?

i thought it was obvious that mantis would be working with ocelot because they both end up working with liquid

JayEH

i thought it was obvious that mantis would be working with ocelot because they both end up working with liquid

I was always under the impression initially that he was working with XOF because of the fire Volgin stuff but maybe I was alone in that way of thinking,

Skullface

I'm not so sure. I mean, I know that these details weren't pre planned in '98, but you would expect for Ocelot and Mantis to have some special connection if this were the case. I mean, I guess what I'm saying is that it's not all that obvious.

I'm curious to see what the dynamics of Ocelot and Liquid's relationship look like. Ocelot pretty much uses Liquid in MGS.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
posting this especially for IP.

B1SJ5C2CAAE6W7A.jpg

Hiyo, figured I'd share my PSN, weird that I never did that in this thread.

PSN: i-JOE

Don't play online much in truth, but do feel free to let me know if you want to play anything. Or we can chat about the mosaic that never was....or cookies or something.

Skullface

Okay that was hilarious. :D

You never clarified.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=135942064

Yo, IP,

I may on some level owe you an apology due to the fact that I was smashed, and having a bad day, regarding the post you're referencing. I chose the wrong post to try and illustrate my beef, especially considering my state of mind. Like I've said in the past, you strike me as a cool dude, a bruh. But I do have some folk way breeches that I feel are worth a mention.

Now there have been several instances where you have put yourself above other MGS GAFers. A most recent example would be how you called S4ku on expressing his love for the love Joosten. I get where you're coming from, but the way you'd expressed it was in a somewhat condescending way. "Nerd drool" was your nomenclature. Personally, I'd rather see an MGS fan drooling over a female human model than a plastic rendition of Metal Gear Ray. In that regard, you're in absolutely no position to tell someone to chill over their appreciation for the female form.

My second example, and it truly pains me to bring this up, was when there was some example of a certain first experience that someone claims was tantamount to losing one's virginity ( on the male end ) and losing one's spagett ( if you catch my euphemism ) upon the first thrust in achieving one's manhood. You, for some reason that I feel is more revealing than you realize, made a point to mention that you didn't experience the common male minutemaness.

My point is that you make a common practice of making yourself more important on this board than others. It really showed in that omittence of you on the initial mosaic.

My critique is to be more humble. You may hold yourself above others, but I guarantee no one thinks you're cooler than anyone else on this board. Rant over. Want to discuss this further? PM me. It was inappropriate for me to call you out publicly, and it would be just as inappropriate for you to continue this discussion here.

JayEH

Since Konami is never going to release Policenauts here and I'm too lazy to find a way to play it online, I've been watching a playthrough of it.

Nice Snake reference here.

122349-policenauts-playstation-screenshot-metal-pizza-solid-snake.gif

Meryl Silverburgh is straight up copied from Merly in Policenauts.

39-pn214.png

There's even a Foxhound in Policenauts. And then there's the obvious Policenauts footage/posters in MGS1. Curse you Kojima. You keep making references to this game and yet I can't play it easily D: And don't get me started on Snatcher.

Nvzman

Since Konami is never going to release Policenauts here and I'm too lazy to find a way to play it online, I've been watching a playthrough of it.

Nice Snake reference here.

122349-policenauts-playstation-screenshot-metal-pizza-solid-snake.gif

Meryl Silverburgh is straight up copied from Merly in Policenauts.

39-pn214.png

There's even a Foxhound in Policenauts. And then there's the obvious Policenauts footage/posters in MGS1. Curse you Kojima. You keep making references to this game and yet I can't play it easily D: And don't get me started on Snatcher.
I honestly think Policenauts is canon to Metal Gear, in a prequel spin off way. Do they contradict each other at all?

Skullface

I honestly think Policenauts is canon to Metal Gear, in a prequel spin off way. Do they contradict each other at all?

Big time bro. If I remember correctly, Policenauts takes place on another planet all together. There's definitely some post apocalyptic stuff going down.

By the way, anyone that's interested in playing it, there's an English eboot file for your psp these days if you've got it hacked. Honestly, it wasn't my cup of tea. It's very much point and click.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom