• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope they do a MGSV database similar to the MGS4 one.

I don't doubt they will. I think Kojima wants to reach pretty wide with this one, inviting people who've never played MGS before. There's such extensive history that they pretty much have to have something to keep people up to speed.

Whats Metal Gear Scanlon 3?

Drew Scanlon, of Giantbomb fame, plays through the Metal Gear Series along with other cast members with colorful commentary. Real fun stuff if you are a fan of Giantbomb in general (I am), but it does require Giantbomb Premium to view. I dont' have it so I've never seen it, but I hear good things.

Storm360

Can I get a invite to the telegram group? Storm360

Started my (possible) last 100% run of Ground Zeroes today, TPP needs to hurry up already...

JayEH

Drew Scanlon, of Giantbomb fame, plays through the Metal Gear Series along with other cast members with colorful commentary. Real fun stuff if you are a fan of Giantbomb in general (I am), but it does require Giantbomb Premium to view. I dont' have it so I've never seen it, but I hear good things.

It's definitely cool to see someone play MGS for the first time.

Choomp

Banned

Is Ryckert the other guy? Definitely would watch if so, he's one of my favorite journalist dudes.

Rean

Is it on twitch? Where can I see this?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I find it funny that Kojima uses the word "lol"

2015-02-2602_39_38-hiujsmo.png

Choomp

Banned
For any veteran 3Ds bros in here could you recommend me like 5 must-have titles on the system. I'd like to start building a library.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Super Mario 3D Land
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Inazuma Eleven

Also the Zelda remakes if you're down with that (I haven't played MM3D so keep that in mind, just assuming it's good) plus a bunch more I can't recall/fit on the list

Bricky

For any veteran 3Ds bros in here could you recommend me like 5 must-have titles on the system. I'd like to start building a library.

Some random recommendations excluding obligatory Nintendo first-party titles like Mario and Zelda:

Fire Emblem Awakening
Virtue's Last Reward (if you can't buy the superior PS Vita version, but play 999 for the original DS first)
Shovel Knight

Fire emblem

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Fire Emblem: Awakening
Super Mario 3D Land
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Inazuma Eleven

Also the Zelda remakes if you're down with that (I haven't played MM3D so keep that in mind, just assuming it's good) plus a bunch more I can't recall/fit on the list

Some random recommendations excluding obligatory Nintendo first-party titles like Mario and Zelda:

Fire Emblem Awakening
Virtue's Last Reward (if you can't buy the superior PS Vita version, but play 999 for the original DS first)
Shovel Knight

SMT IV and Smash 4
Thanks guys. It looks like Fire Emblem is pretty much a consensus. I was also planning to pick up Mario Land 3D, OoT3D, and MM3D at some point. Maybe even ALBW.

Hey Rean are you able to roam around actively in 3rd person in SMTIV? I'm not a fan of the first person grid games.

Is Ryckert the other guy? Definitely would watch if so, he's one of my favorite journalist dudes.

yes. i wish i could watch the whole thing. too bad it's behind a pay wall. there are however, highlight reels on youtube from part 1 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom