• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayEH

It's not Kojima who uses the English account. It's someone else who manages his English Twitter.

yeah i think his secretary does it.

He uses his Japanese account only.

It's safe to say that Konami won't be at PAX East. Here's the Expo map, they have no booth:

QZarml2.jpg

I'm #TeamRandomPressRelease

kojima's tweets about problems that need to be solved when putting the game together sound a lot like what he was still doing at this point 4 months before the release of mgs4 in that documentary. so i don't think balancing and bug fixing and all that shit he's taking part necessarily mean they can't make an early summer release date

Batzi

Banned
I'm #TeamRandomPressRelease
Same here man. It's going to be a random day.
kojima's tweets about problems that need to be solved when putting the game together sound a lot like what he was still doing at this point 4 months before the release of mgs4 in that documentary. so i don't think balancing and bug fixing and all that shit he's taking part necessarily mean they can't make an early summer release date

Except MGSV is like 10 times bigger than MGS4.

JayEH

depends how much pressure from Konami he gets

Batzi

Banned
They are either going to announce it on their own time, or wait till E3 at this point. I'll continue to be
im
patient.

Well the other possibility is to organize a private Konami event just like they did with the 25th anniversary event and announce it there through a trailer.

Batzi

Banned
Of course nothing happened at DPS. ;_; Just waiting for Kojima Station to air and him say "Alright, we've set a date and we will reveal it next week. Please stay tuned!"

Or Ken will warn us from the beginning that there won't be any release date announcement and that we go to bed if we were expecting one.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
What's happening on Friday?

Release date annoucement.

MGS4 release date was also announced at the end of Desination Playstation and before that there was nothing, no hint, nothing.. then on friday they dropped the bomb.

There is a reason why Kojima and his team work day & night now because they know Konami will reveal the date this week and that means they gotta get this game done ASAP.

Otherwise why would they try so hard to finish the game now? the game is scheduled for 2015, no need to hurry.

Let me dream.

Sn4ke_911

Do the avatar bet s3nic if you are confident about release date

I'm not confident at all, I have nothing that even remotely hints at a release date. Just because they did it with MGS4 doesn't mean they will do the same with MGSV.

I'm mostly joking.

friday!!! itshappening.gif :smugface:

OK, guys. The next mention of a release date/release window (meaning "hey, it'll be soon" or the release date itself) will happen:

A. DPS
B. Kojima Station
C. GDC
D. Pax East
E. Press release

#TeamB

Sn4ke_911

OK, guys. The next mention of a release date/release window (meaning "hey, it'll be soon" or the release date itself) will happen:

A. DPS
B. Kojima Station
C. GDC
D. Pax East
E. Press release

#TeamB

#TeamA and after that #TeamE or #TeamSpecialEvent

Edit: Shit I misread your post LD, it says "The next mention" ... lol you got me

Batzi

Banned
Release date annoucement.

MGS4 release date was also announced at the end of Desination Playstation and before that there was nothing, no hint, nothing.. then on friday they dropped the bomb.

There is a reason why Kojima and his team work day & night now because they know Konami will reveal the date this week and that means they gotta get this game done ASAP.

Otherwise why would they try so hard to finish the game now? the game is scheduled for 2015, no need to hurry.

Let me dream.
Man I hope you're right.

A. DPS
B. Kojima Station
C. GDC
D. Pax East
E. Press release

#TeamB

#TeamE

Sn4ke_911

Also you gotta think about it, isn't it weird that we suddenly get a new pic every single day, why is that if the game is still so far away and has so many problems?

It's amazing because we use it in EVERY Metal Gear thread and the person it's directed towards is always like "Whelp, yeah can't argue with you there." :lol

Haha Yeah :lol

JayEH

Also you gotta think about it, isn't it weird that we suddenly get a new pic every single day, why is that if the game is still so far away and has so many problems?

Haha Yeah :lol

he obviously wants to show more. it seems like it's killing him. Konami the devil :(

Sn4ke_911

Also I can't help myself but think the further we come into this week the better the pics are, meaning he shows now more and more leading up to the release date on friday. :smugface:

I don't think todays pic will be another chopper pic.

Rajang

Also I can't help myself but think the further we come into this week the better the pics are, meaning he shows now more and more leading up to the release date on friday. :smugface:

I don't think todays pic will be another chopper pic.

I hope you're right.

What kind of TPP pics would you guys want to see?

Edit: I'm finally a Member.

:>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom