• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Å

Åesop

Unconfirmed Member
But it is Kojima...

Are you expecting something like this?

x8R0c1L.jpg

kZxFZwP.jpg

I just started the first MGS, I've picked up some stuff about the storyline in the years. Are these big spoilers?

Big Boss is a clone of Snake. Snake shoots him in MGS3. Metal Gear is a tank with nuclear weapon capabilities. Snake supposedly destroys it at the end of the first MGS, but it is not destroyed.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I highly doubt he'll ever do anything with The Boss as the main character. It has to have some form of the titular mecha. The Shagohod was the first iteration.

We'll watch the story of how the Shagohod was sent on a mission in 1963 to eliminate his mentor, the Hod. It broke him to the point of wanting revenge on the world and striking an alliance with Volgin, until he's tragically destroyed by Big Boss.

I just started the first MGS, I've picked up some stuff about the storyline in the years. Are these big spoilers?

Big Boss is a clone of Snake. Snake shoots him in MGS3. Metal Gear is a tank with nuclear weapon capabilities. Snake supposedly destroys it at the end of the first MGS, but it is not destroyed.

lol none of those things is true.

Palpable

Uhhh... no.

We'll watch the story of how the Shagohod was sent on a mission in 1963 to eliminate his mentor, the Hod. It broke him to the point of wanting revenge on the world and striking an alliance with Volgin, until he's tragically destroyed by Big Boss.

lol none of those things is true.

x_files_i_want_to_believe_maxi_poster_xl.jpg

OR WAS IT?!

Dun dun DUUUUNNN!

Rajang

What the?

LOOOOL

Bro, just play the games.

JayEH

Can't tell if this is a troll post...

Oh yeah, JayEH, just so you know... the Witcher 3 dev answered your question.

Cool. Look forward to the interview.

Skullface

No. He will instead announce the Mantis mask. I have predicted this based off of his recent tweets about things that did not make it into MGS2. Mantis mask + Chicken hat = 100% camo index.

BAAAAAATTTTTZZZIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

Edit: Wow... I just have to say, what a journey. This all started for me in 2012 when an article cited NeoGAF when suggesting that Phantom Pain might be a Metal Gear title. I lurked in the cited thread until it was announced. I continued to lurk as my life fell apart, the Metal Gear community on Gaf being one of my only escapes. My life is now back on track, and here we are. What a crazy ride. Thank you GAF for being there for the good and the bad.

polishcowboyst

Neo Member

This is my favorite thing I have ever read on this thread.

Dawg

It's easy to get this wrong because a lot of people are like "what the fuck, MGS3 is set in the past?" but in reality, it's a cold war VR simulation in which Solid Snake takes on a mission to end the life of The Boss, who is the sister of Big Boss. She's the female clone of Solid Snake. All of this is revealed at the end by Ocelot, who is in fact the incest child of Big Boss and The Boss.

The thing that stops me thinking there is a trailer is that... if it does reveal a trailer, why not just say a trailer is coming? It's the release date bit that is supposed to be the "surprise" and it's not like by telling us it's a trailer that you're spoiling the content of said trailer. All we know is it's an 'announcement' and a special message by Kojima.

It would be nice if they revealed it with a bang but I'm keeping my expectations low.

Skullface

It's easy to get this wrong because a lot of people are like "what the fuck, MGS3 is set in the past?" but in reality, it's a cold war VR simulation in which Solid Snake takes on a mission to end the life of The Boss, who is the sister of Big Boss. She's the female clone of Solid Snake. All of this is revealed at the end by Ocelot, who is in fact the incest child of Big Boss and The Boss.

Dawg, I swear on me mum 😡

WOW. Thanks for spoiling MGS3 for me jerk.

Rean

bkwKq.jpg

John-Cena-Shock-to-Smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom