• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyG

Banned
latest
4o9mwaE.gif

Batzi

Banned
BAAAAAATTTTTZZZIIIIIIII!!!!!!!

Edit: Wow... I just have to say, what a journey. This all started for me in 2012 when an article cited NeoGAF when suggesting that Phantom Pain might be a Metal Gear title. I lurked in the cited thread until it was announced. I continued to lurk as my life fell apart, the Metal Gear community on Gaf being one of my only escapes. My life is now back on track, and here we are. What a crazy ride. Thank you GAF for being there for the good and the bad.
During the interview with Ryan Payton on Kinda Funny, Ryan said that the VGA TPP trailer was by far the best trailer he has seen for any MGS game (probably any game) and I have to agree with that. That trailer made Outer GAF what it is today.

It falls on a Tuesday. Could be it. Whether it is fake or not I love the boxart.

Skullface

During the interview with Ryan Payton on Kinda Funny, Ryan said that the VGA TPP trailer was by far the best trailer he has seen for any MGS game (probably any game) and I have to agree with that. That trailer made Outer GAF what it is today.

It falls on a Tuesday. Could be it. Whether it is fake or not I love the boxart.

Batzi... It HAS to be that date. It needs to be. That's the night I see Rush on their final tour! PLEEEEAAASE

LowParry

June looking more and more likely. Looking forward to see Jimmy losing his avatar bet
leuhkikcskn4.gif

June would be.............most excellent. I just don't see the game being out any further. Are we expecting any more trailers? I think after we know our release date, going total blackout.

I don't know about the trailer on it's own, but I think the impact of the Moby Dick Studio ruse along with all the speculation/analysis/discussion of what was going on in that trailer was amazing and so much fun. It made the Metal Gear communities I visit so much more entertaining and exciting to read than when they became straight with us and the mystery/intrigue sort of went down.

Batzi

Banned
I don't know about the trailer on it's own, but I think the impact of the Moby Dick Studio ruse along with all the speculation/analysis/discussion of what was going on in that trailer was amazing and so much fun. It made the Metal Gear communities I visit so much more entertaining and exciting to read than when they became straight with us and the mystery/intrigue sort of went down.

and then PT comes out and you see Outer GAF, a Metal Gear community, decipher clues that led to the unveiling of Silent Hills.

Batzi

Banned
Oh, well now it must be true. No doubt Area Games would be the first place Konami would notify.

Not saying it is definitive but looks like a possibility. For all we know they might have predicted it given the information that is currently available which led us to believe that it is coming in June. Not early June though for several reasons that were discussed previously. So yea that leaves them with one date that is most probably the one.

After Destination Playstation last week, we know the date is out there, no way Konami would not tell that to major retailers during that event. I was saying June 9 all this time and June 23 as my second option, this is it.

and then PT comes out and you see Outer GAF, a Metal Gear community, decipher clues that led to the unveiling of Silent Hills.

We did? I thought the story was some english girl who was streaming it managed to unlock and spoil the reveal trailer by chance without anyone even figuring out what the final puzzle was? I know she was helped but that was Outer-Gaf? I didn't even know about P.T or that it had anything to do with Kojima until the secret was already out, sadly :(

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Opening MGS2 trailer: great or greatest? It gets me so pumped to play and segues into the menu perfectly.

Opening MGS2 trailer: great or greatest? It gets me so pumped to play and segues into the menu perfectly.
Woah woah, slow down partner. We've had this conversation before, therefore we are not allowed to have it again.

Yes MGS2 best intro in the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom