• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

MajorTom

I don't know if those are his words, but in any case I wouldn't take it literally. And judging from what we've seen so far I think that Snake talks enough and the change won't be as jarring as people are making it out to be.
I disagree. He is way too quiet. Look at the Afghanistan mission for example, Ocelot talks a lot and from what I remember Big Boss says nothing. If that happens I a lot I think it would be pretty jarring.

-Deimos

I disagree. He is way too quiet. Look at the Afghanistan mission for example, Ocelot talks a lot and from what I remember Big Boss says nothing. If that happens I a lot I think it would be pretty jarring.

I'm hoping that was an isolated thing. I'd be disappointed if the entire game was like that.

Shy

Comrades lost:

Sn4ke_911
hammertomb
Love Deterrence
Cipher Cat
Batzi
Dawg

2f0.gif

I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea...
PIfgEhV.gif

Vally

Yep, I agree it's a bit weird he doesn't say a single word in that specific cutscene, hopefully that doesn't happen a lot

MajorTom

Yep, I agree it's a bit weird he doesn't say a single word in that specific cutscene, hopefully that doesn't happen a lot
Yep. as I said above, I feel that he has enough dialogue in the cutscene with Quiet. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
The next 6 months will be painful.

Guys please! That leak video is just a troll from Kojima. I mean video is fine, but that screen at the end with release date is a fake. Kojima started all that shit with Joakim,Moby Dick and want to do something similar at the end. That pic of facepalm Big Boss (Gray Fox) is definitely just a joke and this shows one more time that leak is fake.

~12h till real release date announcement
(2016)
, new trailer, MGO beta, GZ DLC, CE info.

I guess spirit of Batzi live through my feet. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining and it's not that I am not satisfied with September. I actually like it and I can peacefully finish my thesis. But I want Kojima to pull off something really big before release.

~12h till real release date announcement
(2016)
, new trailer, MGO beta, GZ DLC, CE info.

I guess spirit of Batzi live through my feet. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining and it's not that I am not satisfied with September. I actually like it and I can peacefully finish my thesis. But I want Kojima to pull off something really big before release.

MGO Beta....can somebody get me a towel?
Beta launching on V/V/201V BELIEVE.

I'd say Kojima will have something special at E3

Did anybody else get the possible reference of this image to the Christian Ash Wednesday?

It is the first day of fasting in which Christians commemorate Jesus' 40 days fasting in the desert, where he endured repeated temptation by Satan. On this day Christians ceremonially mark the sign of the cross with ashes on their forehead.

Sounds like a theme that could relate to Big Boss' transformation in TPP.

Skullface

Did anybody else get the possible reference of this image to the Christian Ash Wednesday?

It is the first day of fasting in which Christians commemorate Jesus' 40 days fasting in the desert, where he endurred repeated temptation by Satan. Sounds like a theme that could relate to Big Boss' transformation in TPP.

Nice. It's not like there aren't other Biblical references in the series. Gold star.

Would love an invite to the group:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/Dio141/

invite sent.

I've got to laugh at the uproar regarding Big Boss speaking less. This was announced last April and the reason was clear.
It honestly feels like it's just an excuse to hate on Kiefer and praise Hayter like a god :p
People seriously thinking Kiefer's price is the reason for the BB being a more silent protagonist is really bizarre, since Akio Ōtsuka is still doing the JA VA.

I've got to laugh at the uproar regarding Big Boss speaking less. This was announced last April and the reason was clear.

yeah, other than the release date, there was literally no new information in the video. also, it was pretty clear kojima didn't mean "silent protagonist" in the video game sense like link or gordon freeman. he even compared it to mad max 2

yeah, other than the release date, there was literally no new information in the video. also, it was pretty clear kojima didn't mean "silent protagonist" in the video game sense like link or gordon freeman. he even compared it to mad max 2

It's that one demo that has people worried, but he speaks a decent amount in GZ and none of it is the OTT Hayter delivery from the rest of the series.

MattyG

Banned
It's that one demo that has people worried, but he speaks a decent amount in GZ and none of it is the OTT Hayter delivery from the rest of the series.
Yeah, I just played through the main mission of GZ again and he definitely has a reasonable amount of dialogue, considering how long it is. I'm sure he'll speak less than Hayter's Snake, but I don't think he'll be a mute.

Opto

Banned
Doing away with the codec/radio in its traditional format was always going to have an impact. Plus with the mo-cap face animations a lot can be said with just looks.

JayEH

I think early 2015 was the initial target. Just going off Kojima's tweets sounds like they hit a few rough spots in development so they are releasing later than they would like.

I'm glad we have a release date.

But at the same time I'm really fucking depressed over it being 6 months away. Which sucks cause I was already really depressed.

I guess my shoulder surgery will make things go by faster right? Surgery and rehab has to be like what... at least 3-4 if not more months.

Games like MGSV are worth waiting for.

I'm just glad there's a timeframe. There's more than enough gaming entertainment to keep me distracted till September.

-Deimos

I'm glad we have a release date.

But at the same time I'm really fucking depressed over it being 6 months away. Which sucks cause I was already really depressed.

I guess my shoulder surgery will make things go by faster right? Surgery and rehab has to be like what... at least 3-4 if not more months.

Saying 6 months makes it sound even longer whyyyy Kojima

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom