• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
i wonder what Kojima will do...will he create his own studio or join an existing one?

He needs to create his own studio (again) so he can fully realize his visions. This is a man you should not put in a cage. He needs to be free like a bird so he can make the best products possible, Kojima has such passion and energy for what he does, not many other game creators are like him.

so, huh, do you think that this is a huge ruse to trick us gamers into some kind of huge kojima story ploy?

us gamers huh.

Come on Chinner, Kojima is the ruse master. Remember that time when Kojima said there will be big news to announce, and in the end there was only minor news to announce? What a ruse that was! Nobody else can do what he does

Icefire1424

do you guys think this whole thing will effect developer morale in developing MGS V...do you think Kojima, might be upset about and the rest of his team as well that it might effect the quality of the product

Personally, I think MGSV was largely already in the books, with only the final polish yet to be applied. As such, I don't suspect the quality of the final MGSV product to be affected.

Morale on the team however? Shot. I'm sure Kojima and his team are basically a family at this point - I'm sure he feels for them, especially if they too are now considered "contractors" of Konami who will be let go at the conclusion of the project (which I believe is the case, but don't quote me on that). I personally hope that whatever went down to cause the shakeup in the first place, Kojima doesn't blame himself for the (eventual) dismissal of his team. Konami is the bad guy here.

Either way, Kojima and team have always stood behind the quality of their work, and I guarantee they have with MGSV. That's why the MG series has never seen "timely" releases of their mainline games - they take a tremendous amount of pride in the games that they deliver. Yes, this means both the time and cost required to produce a MG game is higher than most (and is what I suspect is a large part of Kojimas departure), but you can't argue the quality.

What I am really interested in seeing is the quality of the next Metal Gear game, when compared to the entries where Kojima was at the helm. I predict a rather significant drop-off in quality, to say the least.

Vally

do you guys think this whole thing will effect developer morale in developing MGS V...do you think Kojima, might be upset about and the rest of his team as well that it might effect the quality of the product

If the rumors are true and they have restricted communications I think it will definitely affect the team's morale. Hopefully they will think of the fans first and foremost and that will help them to get motivated to do their best.

i wonder what Kojima will do...will he create his own studio or join an existing one?

Can't see him joining a studio that wouldn't give him complete creative control, which rules out a few big companies. People were throwing around Naughty Dog earlier but their styles are completely different. I feel like one of the platform holders is the best bet, though.

Skullface

What took you so long?

Kazuhira_Miller.jpg

I want collectors edition but idk if I'll have the money in time. You have to pay all upfront to preorder CE

CE Master race brothers! Sheriff, it does suck that you have to pay up front. However, I put $60 up in February

Can't see him joining a studio that wouldn't give him complete creative control, which rules out a few big companies. People were throwing around Naughty Dog earlier but their styles are completely different. I feel like one of the platform holders is the best bet, though.

yeah Kojima would probably stick with a Japanese company instead of going to Naughty Dog or Western one, just because of the ease of communication

So growing up I never actually played the MGS series and only saw bits and pieces due to friends playing it. I bought 1-3 on my Vita and will get Peace Walker once I am finished with those 3. I'm a few hours into MGS and digging it a fair amount. Controls are a little clunky but it's a PS1 game on my Vita so that's understandable.

Icefire1424

He needs to create his own studio (again) so he can fully realize his visions. This is a man you should not put in a cage. He needs to be free like a bird so he can make the best products possible, Kojima has such passion and energy for what he does, not many other game creators are like him.

Ding Ding Ding...

Give him a studio, full creative control, and a budget to work his magic.

So growing up I never actually played the MGS series and only saw bits and pieces due to friends playing it. I bought 1-3 on my Vita and will get Peace Walker once I am finished with those 3. I'm a few hours into MGS and digging it a fair amount. Controls are a little clunky but it's a PS1 game on my Vita so that's understandable.

The controls arguably get clunkier on the PS2 vita games, but they're still playable. I just got all the Kerotans in MGS3 Vita, the ones on the runway are a pain in the ass.

JayEH

I snatched a "day one" code from a traded in copy of GZ for XBone. Am I a scumbag? <.<

I don't think so.

do they even work those codes yet?

i got my copy of gz second hand it didnt work :(

Chinner you need a code if you want the bonus stuff for TPP!

Nice, let us know what you think. Also love your avatar, I'm actually playing through Persona 3 for the first time right now.

Does somebody know who owns the license for the FOX Engine?
Kojima (Productions) or Konami?

Konami owns everything including Koji Pro.

If the rumors are true and they have restricted communications I think it will definitely affect the team's morale. Hopefully they will think of the fans first and foremost and that will help them to get motivated to do their best.

It seems like Kojima isn't allowed to use Twitter anymore for whatever reason. Twitter isn't owned by Konami and I want to see what he's eating!!!

Seriously, I would like to hear from him and finally find out exactly what is going on. Why can't he tweet at least something about anything?

brau

Popular vote said to post this in thread.

ce8wDsl.png

You had to go and botch it up, didn't you Kojima.... i hope you are happy!

I don't think they work yet, and there's a completely different system between EU codes and US codes, and digital doesn't have any code .it's very confusing.

Each branch decided to handle code distribution their own way, and for digital you don't need a code because proof of your ownership of the title is already baked into the back end with first party. The codes just prove that you purchased a new copy and are (hopefully) the primary owner of said copy.

If I'm following this conversation correctly, you are currently free to register your code for redemption (when it is made available) here (North America).

Each branch decided to handle code distribution their own way, and for digital you don't need a code because proof of your ownership of the title is already baked into the back end with first party. The codes just prove that you purchased a new copy and are (hopefully) the primary owner of said copy.

If I'm following this conversation correctly, you are currently free to register your code for redemption (when it is made available) here (North America).

Hello ToraShiro, I am glad you haven't been gagged.
Is it true you need the GZ disc for these features too and not just the code? I'm sure I read a quote about that somewhere.

brau

So if i got the game digitally i am good to go?

Hello ToraShiro, I am glad you haven't been gagged.
Is it true you need the GZ disc for these features too and not just the code? I'm sure I read a quote about that somewhere.

I'd like to see the quote, but the only content you need to be concerned with redeeming the GZ ownership (which is different from the GZ save file) is the insert code (note: this does not apply to digital ownership). For details on what I'm talking about I recommend checking this page out.

So if i got the game digitally i am good to go?

I am confirming the details with our digital team (going to be responded later today, they are out at lunch and I'm about to head out myself).

I'm going to actually make a note here we should work on a functional FAQ for this.

brau

I am confirming the details with our digital team (going to be responded later today, they are out at lunch and I'm about to head out myself).

I'm going to actually make a note here we should work on a functional FAQ for this.

That would be great Tora, I was always asking what happens with digital, as well as some other questions people had as far as region is concerned.

Thanks for putting in the good work and letting us know. :)

SJRB

Gold Member

That'd be perfect. I bought the digital version of GZ day 1 but am pretty confused wether or not I'm eligable for all the bonus DLC since it has no day-1 codes or anything.

Also - good to see you. Nice to know Konami didn't straightjacket everyone.

You can't enter them yet if this is correct;

https://uk.secure.konami-europe.com...V-Ground-Zeroes-for-Xbox-360-Xbox-One-PS4-yet

Hey Tora that link is where I read about keeping hold of the disc, but it might be EU specific or just trying to stop people trading it in ;)

Whoa, yeah, that is pertaining to Europe. We created a whole separate system for North and South America.

what are your guys pre-MGS V plans the week before september 1st...

i think I'm just going to play through the prequels (MGS 3, PO, PW, GZ,) then TPP

What I was thinking of doing, if I get some time between busting my ass off working on TPP promotions. :D

Kindekuma

Banned
Whoa, yeah, that is pertaining to Europe. We created a whole separate system for North and South America.

What I was thinking of doing, if I get some time between busting my ass off working on TPP promotions. :D

Hey Tora I have a question(s)! I have the US TPP CE and the Japan CE on my way come launch time. But I plan on playing the game on Steam since I don't actually have a PS4... I still want all the cool MGO3 add ons that the CE includes, so are the download codes:

1. Going to be limited to their region only?
2. Limited to their platform only? Or is Konami Core going to apply where MGO bonuses can apply to any platform?

JayEH

Damn this GZ DLC stuff is more confusing than I thought it would be...hopefully this is all avoided by having a digital copy.

Hey Tora I have a question(s)! I have the US TPP CE and the Japan CE on my way come launch time. But I plan on playing the game on Steam since I don't actually have a PS4... I still want all the cool MGO3 add ons that the CE includes, so are the download codes:

1. Going to be limited to their region only?
2. Limited to their platform only? Or is Konami Core going to apply where MGO bonuses can apply to any platform?

This is definitely something that will be revisited, but I do not currently have an answer to the PC SKU and CE digital content and where they overlap. I hope to have an answer soon.

And this is not in relation to our products, but the way that codes typically work on platforms is that Xbox's digital store is worldwide, and PlayStation's store is regional.

Kindekuma

Banned
This is definitely something that will be revisited, but I do not currently have an answer to the PC SKU and CE digital content and where they overlap. I hope to have an answer soon.

And this is not in relation to our products, but the way that codes typically work on platforms is that Xbox's digital store is worldwide, and PlayStation's store is regional.

Alright cool thank you for the answer! I appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom