• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn this GZ DLC stuff is more confusing than I thought it would be...hopefully this is all avoided by having a digital copy.
Confusing the shit out of me lol. But I think I get it now. There's dlc tied to your save but additional dlc tied to ownership of a new copy, which has a code, unless digital, which is automatically recognized?

Hello Tora!

Glad to see you are still alive!!!

Can you [are you allowed] to tell us what is going on with the whole Kojima/Konami situation?

It's baffling to all of us and being left in the dark is terrible.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
He works at Kojima Productions LA.

Guess that's the teams mood right now :/

2015-03-2523_36_32-jaobuop.png

Rean

So growing up I never actually played the MGS series and only saw bits and pieces due to friends playing it. I bought 1-3 on my Vita and will get Peace Walker once I am finished with those 3. I'm a few hours into MGS and digging it a fair amount. Controls are a little clunky but it's a PS1 game on my Vita so that's understandable.

Ding Ding Ding...

Give him a studio, full creative control, and a budget to work his magic.

Does somebody know who owns the license for the FOX Engine?
Kojima (Productions) or Konami?
BROTHERS!

I haven't seen you guys around here, welcome to MGSGAF if you're new!

sexyelder

Just to let everyone know, cuz u know im kinda a big deal
*smugface*
im in costa rica for 10 days. The birthplace of MSF. Theres no service out here so ill be gone for awhile. I miss u guys. And i gotta say, this is the finest group of people ive ever met and im proud to be part of this great community :)

*smugface*
im in costa rica for 10 days. The birthplace of MSF. Theres no service out here so ill be gone for awhile. I miss u guys. And i gotta say, this is the finest group of people ive ever met and im proud to be part of this great community :)

Watch out for Fulton devices.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
*smugface*

safe travels man.

*smugface*
MSF started in Colombia.

MSF started in Colombia.

Yeah but they left that crap in San Jeronimo* behind.

*why the fuck did they spell that phonetically?

*smugface*

Enjoy your trip and make sure to visit Irazu crater base, the secret temple base in the cloud forest and the secret mine base in the north.

so September 1st....Metal Gear as we know comes to an end

what a journey...It's been a ride.

but that feeling when the credits start to show for TPP...i will shed a tear..

*smugface*

Watch out for el basalisco!

since Big Boss is considered the world's greatest soldier in the mgs universe..is he seen as sort of a mythical figure by other soldiers around the world...as someone that can't possibly be real?

JayEH

since Big Boss is considered the world's greatest soldier in the mgs universe..is he seen as sort of a mythical figure by other soldiers around the world...as someone that can't possibly be real?

I wouldn't go that far but yes everyone knows about him. He was used as a propaganda machine for Zero and it worked. There's a reason why Ocelot says "Let the legend come back to life!".

I wouldn't go that far but yes everyone knows about him. He was used as a propaganda machine for Zero and it worked. There's a reason why Ocelot says "Let the legend come back to life!".

The Patriots tried to make Big Boss a messiah figure.

but something i always wondered

a messiah for what?

I'd like to see the quote, but the only content you need to be concerned with redeeming the GZ ownership (which is different from the GZ save file) is the insert code (note: this does not apply to digital ownership). For details on what I'm talking about I recommend checking this page out.
Will there be a digital day one edition with all the content for consoles?

The Patriots tried to make Big Boss a messiah figure.

but something i always wondered

a messiah for what?

Something about being closer to The Boss and achieving her will... The Boss is 'the son' of The Boss (this really puts the word 'messiah' in perspective) so Zero decided Big Boss was most suited for channeling her will to lead the people.

Last year Kojima was appointed to 'Executive Content Officer'
http://www.konami-digital-entertain...se/2014/0703/?cm_sp=01-_-release-_-20140703-e

This month all of those Content Officers were assigned a new role, except for Hanamoto who had already been replaced by an earlier promotion of Dewa.
As nobody was announced to fill any of those roles, it seems likely that whatever job the 'content officers' did no longer exists because of the new structure.
Going back to this before I forget.

Their reports are posted at really weird times. There were two the other day, but now there are three. There seems to be delays in when they are posted. The last was posted a few days ago, but it's dated March 13th, so some could be around the corner. Surely they have to report the new contractors?

Vally

There's a 25 mb update for Ground Zeroes PC, no idea what it does. I checked and the Kojima Productions logo is still there at least lol

The Idroid is only required in the Eliminate the renegade threat mission where you need to use it to make Kaz shut the hell up about SENDING SOME VIs TO YOUR IDROID TAKE A GOOD LOOK.

Skullface

So let's talk about the CE DLC... Worth it? Also, is this indication that we'll have paid DLC within the game? And what about that map. Is it just a map of Afghanistan? What will you do with your babby arm?

Big-E

Did they remove "a Hideo Kojima" game from the in game credits?

I just booted it, Kojima Productions is still shown when you first boot the game after the konami logo and before the fox engine logo. Haven't been able to check further.

EDIT: Its still there. Not sure what the update was for then.

MattyG

Banned
I'm watching the trailers I've already seen again (media blackout from here on out) and GODDAMN, how good is Sins of the Father?

"Words that kill
Would you speak them to me?
With your breath so still,
It makes me believe....

THE SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS NEVER DIE."

steph-curry-roaring-gif.gif

Get fucking pumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom