• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are they supposed to be lying about? They are truthful announcing who's position has been changed. Their not announcing every position in the company.

And why does anybody have job postings? To hire people. If Kojima and his team are still there, they aren't going to be making Metal Gear, because they have Silent Hills, so Konami would need more people to make Metal Gear.

I notice Konami aren't hiring staff to make Silent Hills...they really should be.

NOTE - This is in no way connected to any PythonSelkan theory ;)

would you guys consider Big Boss ideology to be far left, in peace walker it was revealed that he was a big admirer of Che and in the opening credits of GZ it mentions that he became an enemy of capitalist society

wilsonda

during the new Mission Impossible trailer, they mentioned a "Rogue Nation" and I held my breath wanting them to say "Diamond Dogs" after haha

would love to see Big Boss rip through the IMF

For sure, I just call 'em like I see 'em. I mean if he were fucking with us, the point would obviously be to draw parallels between Big Boss and Cipher.

But, he's obviously not... it's just kind of a sad irony that things happened this way.

True, it is sadly ironic.

Also to those that think/hope this is some kind of joke/ruse - that would mean that the parties involved are going to beyond extreme lengths to facilitate it, with Kenichiro Imaizumi even amending his LinkedIn profile to reflect that he is now on contractor status. Most people wouldn't even remotely think to check that, so why do it if it wasn't for real?

Look at Jeremy Clarkson from the BBC show "Top Gear" - he is being sacked because he started an argument that got briefly physical over steak and chips not being able to be served to him at a hotel.

For all we know, Kojima is the guilty party for something wrong he said or did and Konami is not to blame for anything. We simply do not know the facts as of yet.

As strange, ironic, sad and irritating as this all is, it seems like it's for real folks.

would you guys consider Big Boss ideology to be far left, in peace walker it was revealed that he was a big admirer of Che and in the opening credits of GZ it mentions that he became an enemy of capitalist society
He's not supposed to have any ideology. At least his private army isn't. If you consider diamond dogs to be a kind of utopia, you could be looking further into ideology.

im confused about something from MGS 1

did Solid know he was a clone before Shadow Moses...because their is a codec that talks where if I remember right Naomi asks Snake how could he kill his father (Big Boss)..

so Solid just thought he was a regular son of Big Boss? or did he know about LET?

JayEH

im confused about something from MGS 1

did Solid know he was a clone before Shadow Moses...because their is a codec that talks where if I remember right Naomi asks Snake how could he kill his father (Big Boss)..

so Solid just thought he was a regular son of Big Boss? or did he know about LET?

He knew Big Boss was his father did not know about being a clone. I don't remember some of the specifics but there was some retconning from the old MSX metal gears and MGS1 regarding Big Boss and Snake's relationship.

He doesn't seem to care much about politics beyond the war part.
But I imagine he's probably like a normal human being should be, with no defined allegiance to an ideological side, and views that vary between liberal and conservative depending on the issue.

Vally

efc92e235f.jpg

No more Hai Lady

There's a lot of misinformation going around here.

Konami's report that supposedly shows that Kojima has been removed from his position...doesn't. His position isn't there. The only positions on their reports are the ones being changed.

And if Konami are removing the Kojima Productions logo and the "A HIDEO KOJIMA GAME" slogan...why are they still present on the boxes on the official MGSV site?

Last year Kojima was appointed to 'Executive Content Officer'
http://www.konami-digital-entertain...se/2014/0703/?cm_sp=01-_-release-_-20140703-e

Executive Content Officer(Director of KOJIMA PRODUCTIONS)

Hideo Kojima

Senior Content Officer
Shinichi Hanamoto

Content Officers
Masato Okuaki
Shoji Dewa
Kazutaka Kubota
Kyo Takashimizu

This month all of those Content Officers were assigned a new role, except for Hanamoto who had already been replaced by an earlier promotion of Dewa.
As nobody was announced to fill any of those roles, it seems likely that whatever job the 'content officers' did no longer exists because of the new structure.

Gotta be honest here, when I first read the post suggesting that Kojima's impending departure from Konami may be nothing but an elaborate ruse, my first thought is that the poster was utterly and completely batshit crazy.

However.

I have to admit, having thought about it a bit more (and after just playing some GZ's this morning) - there may actually be some cause for questioning this as actually being some sort of ruse.

Looking purely at the facts - Kojima is certainly comfortable with deception. He's known for it in many respects. He's hid release dates in various forms of media. Hidden the fact that Phantom Pain was actually a Metal Gear game altogether. Hell, he created a playable trailer for an upcoming Silent Hill game under the guise of a non-existent studio. To say that he is both familiar and comfortable with hiding his true intentions from his fans would be a significant understatement.

The similarities between the Konami situation and a few plot lines within GZ's absolutely raises some eyebrows. The mission to "remove" the XOF insignia from around the base is something, but personally, the "Extract the VIP" mission altogether (and coincidentally, the one I played this morning) raises even more questions. The entire point of the mission is to extract a covert intelligent agent - played by Kojima, nonetheless - from a base where he was undercover. The mission is literally playing out the "defection" of Kojima from an organization that he was working with, albeit, while undercover. Granted, this very well could be cooincidence - GZ came out almost a year ago, and Kojima and Konami having planned out a ruse that far in advance seems highly unlikely, but again - Kojima has done this before.

Perhaps this is nothing and I'm looking for correlations that don't exist, but...there's still some doubt. Curious if there are any other similarities between the current news regarding Konami and anything else in GZ's.

I want to believe. But Kojima tazing people is one thing. Konami's stock must have taken a hit, right? And I have never heard this much hate on Konami's business practices before... if people didn't think it before, they'll remember it now. Just seems like bad business sense.

bumped this from a couple pages ago.

This one's for you, Koji. Tune up, Kaz. You'll be fiddlin' in Am.

"Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" (Phantom Chairs at Koji's Table)

There's a grief that can't be spoken.
There's a pain goes on and on.
Empty chairs at empty tables
Now my friends are dead and gone.

Here he talked of revolution.
Here it was he lit the flame.
Here he sang about `tomorrow'
And tomorrow never came.

From the table in the corner
He could see a world reborn
And he rose with voices ringing
I can hear him now!
The very words that he had sung
Became his last communion
On the lonely barricade at dawn.

Oh my friend, my friend forgive me

(The ghost of Koji hovers with arms outstretched holding Mantis and Sorrow dolls)

That I live and you are gone.
There's a grief that can't be spoken.
There's a pain goes on and on.

Phantom faces at the window.
Phantom shadows on the floor.
Where my sensei will meet no more.

(The ghost fade away)

Oh my friend, my friend, don't ask me
What your sacrifice was for
Where my friend will sing no more

news_mgs4_kojimaghost.jpg

zoutlaw

Banned
So when are we going to know the "spring" surprise for that voucher?

April is the last month of Spring as May I feel is the start of summer.

So... is it a beta for MGO? Please be a beta for MGO. :(

Icefire1424

I want to believe. But Kojima tazing people is one thing. Konami's stock must have taken a hit, right? And I have never heard this much hate on Konami's business practices before... if people didn't think it before, they'll remember it now. Just seems like bad business sense.

bumped this from a couple pages ago.

I think the consensus is we all selfishly want to believe, but realistically understand that this probably is the end of the Kojima / Konami partnership. It's unfortunate because as fans we've come to expect a certain quality and "flavor" from Metal Gear games, which is driven almost entirely by Kojima. Knowing that if the partnership is well and truly disbanded, the direction of any future Metal Gear games (if there even is a future for them, that is) will likely be decidedly different.

In the scheme of things however, I truly doubt this is end for Kojima, but in fact may be a new beginning altogether. He's stated several times that he wanted to get away from Metal Gear, and although this likely isn't how he envisioned it ending, it may very well serve to be the catalyst for him moving on to other projects. He's entirely too talented, and garnered too much of a following of devoted fans over the past few decades for him to slip into obscurity. Regardless of the outcome of this event, he'll be back doing what he does best. And he'll continue to excel. In the meantime though(and speaking on behalf of his millions of fans out there), we wish him absolutely the best in his transition, and reassure him that when he's ready to step back into the spotlight, we'll be there to welcome him as a brother.

Konami on the other hand? I agree that they not only shot themselves in the foot with this one, but done so at arguably the worst possible time. They will go down as the developer who let go one of the greatest creative minds in the medium of video games, a crime that I doubt they will ever be able to fully recover from. Metal Gear may (and likely will) continue to be an IP that Konami will milk for years to come, but I suspect they will soon find out how pivotal Kojimas role was in making Metal Gear something truly special.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I think the consensus is we all selfishly want to believe, but realistically understand that this probably is the end of the Kojima / Konami partnership. It's unfortunate because as fans we've come to expect a certain quality and "flavor" from Metal Gear games, which is driven almost entirely by Kojima. Knowing that if the partnership is well and truly disbanded, the direction of any future Metal Gear games (if there even is a future for them, that is) will likely be decidedly different.

In the scheme of things however, I truly doubt this is end for Kojima, but in fact may be a new beginning altogether. He's stated several times that he wanted to get away from Metal Gear, and although this likely isn't how he envisioned it ending, it may very well serve to be the catalyst for him moving on to other projects. He's entirely too talented, and garnered too much of a following of devoted fans over the past few decades for him to slip into obscurity. Regardless of the outcome of this event, he'll be back doing what he does best. And he'll continue to excel. In the meantime though(and speaking on behalf of his millions of fans out there), we wish him absolutely the best in his transition, and reassure him that when he's ready to step back into the spotlight, we'll be there to welcome him as a brother.

Konami on the other hand? I agree that they not only shot themselves in the foot with this one, but done so at arguably the worst possible time. They will go down as the developer who let go one of the greatest creative minds in the medium of video games, a crime that I doubt they will ever be able to fully recover from. Metal Gear may (and likely will) continue to be an IP that Konami will milk for years to come, but I suspect they will soon find out how pivotal Kojimas role was in making Metal Gear something truly special.

Well said brother.

do you guys think this whole thing will effect developer morale in developing MGS V...do you think Kojima, might be upset about and the rest of his team as well that it might effect the quality of the product

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Glad more and more gaming media reports of Kojima missing now.

I hope this forces Konami to be a little bit more clear about this whole thing.

Where Is Hideo Kojima?

do you guys think this whole thing will effect developer morale in developing MGS V...do you think Kojima, might be upset about and the rest of his team as well that it might effect the quality of the product

I'm sure this will effect the whole team's morale, just think about it. After MGSV is finished most devs from Kojima Productions will probably lose their jobs.

Glad more and more gaming media reports of Kojima missing now.

I hope this forces Konami to be a little bit more clear about this whole thing.

Where Is Hideo Kojima?

I'm sure this will effect the whole team's morale, just think about it. After MGSV is finished most devs from Kojima Productions will probably lose their jobs.
i wonder what Kojima will do...will he create his own studio or join an existing one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom