• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vally

Looks like Quiet met Kojima.

2015-03-2614_59_12-st5djpa.png

HE'S ALIVE!

Nice. I would prefer that Kojima himself tweeted something but at least this is more reassuring that Konami's PR bullshit.

brau

So its official. No last hope.

KOTAKU
Yesterday, Konami gave a statement via the Japanese Metal Gear Twitter account to attempt to clear the air on what’s going on with Hideo Kojima and Kojima Productions.

As Kotaku previously reported, the Kojima Productions brand has been dissolved and even removed from upcoming title Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. It seems “A Hideo Kojima Game” has been removed, too.

After apologizing for causing concern and being unable to answer each individual question, the Tokyo-based game company stated, “In accordance with the recent change in production organization of all of Konami, Kojima Productions, as well as other internal production companies, has had its name, etc., changed to move into the corporate headquarters work structure.”

“The name and organization has changed, but as before, MGSV: TPP is continuing as a work from director Kojima and the existing team members.”

Continuing in a new tweet, Konami added, “The social networking account has also been changed, but the new account has the same Metal Gear team members as the previous one, and is updating with the latest news. As the team members who are tweeting is unchanged, we would like your continued support and follows.”

Phew. I know everyone was very concerned about the Twitter team.

“Naturally,” Konami wrote in the third and final tweet in this series, “director Kojima is playing the game, checking all the small details and giving directions to the staff as the title continues to completion. Bringing the thoughts and ideas of director Kojima in an open world game of the size of TPP is incredibly difficult, the director and the team that’s been there from the start are coming together as one as they aim to finish the game, so please give them the support they need.”

This, of course, was followed by tweets and comments from fans saying they wanted to hear directly from Kojima. On popular Japanese game blogs like My Game News Flash, many commenters said they did not trust what Konami was saying. “Who actually believes this?” wrote one commenter.

This isn’t the first time Konami’s Tokyo headquarters has addressed the issue, but the company has been rather tightlipped about what’s been happening.

In a recent interview with Japanese site Gamespark, Konami PR answered a series of questions about Kojima, including whether or not he had been let go. “He is still a Konami employee, devoted with all his energy to Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.” Gamespark tried to get clarification as to whether Kojima was a full-time or a contract employee, but the spokesperson replied, “I am unable to comment on an individual’s type of employment.”

One of the most interesting questions Gamespark asked was this: “Is there truth to the rumor that Kojima Productions staff are being restricted in their email and internet use?”

“It true that during the organizational change, there were things that were revised,” said Konami PR, adding that this was done to make an environment where staff could give “undivided attention to development.” And that sounds like a fun work environment. Hopefully Konami still lets them listen to music and talk to each other.

So, surely, that still means they can tweet after work? Or do video podcasts? Or give interviews? When Gamespark asked if this meant Kojima would be doing fewer interviews, Konami replied, “Yes, it will be like that.”

Restricted email and internet at work? Few press appearances? No more Kojima Productions? Making Metal Gear has changed.

Bah.. didn't see S4nic posted it over there. lol

So its official. No last hope.

KOTAKU

kvOomCJ.gif

Well. Clearly Kojima is the not only the backbone of creative vision, but also the backbone of PR and Sales. What on earth could the quarrel be about that they are actually willing to damage their sales? I have no idea what the number difference would be, but Koji hype has to be a factor. This is infuriating. I've been loyal to your out of date, backwards company for over 2/3 of my lifetime... So why are you planting landmines at the finish line?

I'm not trying to be melodramatic.. but this feels like a slap in the face.

Rean

Looks like Quiet met Kojima.

2015-03-2614_59_12-st5djpa.png

HE'S ALIVE!
He never died.
I'm watching the trailers I've already seen again (media blackout from here on out) and GODDAMN, how good is Sins of the Father?

"Words that kill
Would you speak them to me?
With your breath so still,
It makes me believe....

THE SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINS NEVER DIE."

steph-curry-roaring-gif.gif

Get fucking pumped.
I know right?

Skullface

Wait is my engrish failing me here? I saw based Kojima a lot so i just changed it with Stefanie lol.

Edt: Anyway i just wanted to say thanks Stefanie.

No shit.

Lol, it's nothing. Using "based" as a compliment is a huge pet peeve of mine, specifically because "based" is slang for being high on freebase cocaine.

Edit: Using "based" as a compliment is a thing, so there's nothing wrong with your English. I just outwardly reject it's being a thing and try to point out its meaning when ever I see it.

brau

kvOomCJ.gif

Well. Clearly Kojima is the not only the backbone of creative vision, but also the backbone of PR and Sales. What on earth could the quarrel be about that they are actually willing to damage their sales? I have no idea what the number difference would be, but Koji hype has to be a factor. This is infuriating. I've been loyal to your out of date, backwards company for over 2/3 of my lifetime... So why are you planting landmines at the finish line?

I'm not trying to be melodramatic.. but this feels like a slap in the face.

mythbusters-face-slap-o.gif

Who knows what really happened. But all facts point that this is not a friendly end to their relationship.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Lol, it's nothing. Using "based" as a compliment is a huge pet peeve of mine, specifically because "based" is slang for being high on freebase cocaine.

Edit: Using "based" as a compliment is a thing, so there's nothing wrong with your English. I just outwardly reject it's being a thing and try to point out its meaning when ever I see it.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification skully.

English is dynamic. That's why it's such a based language.

oWzSfRQ.png

I hope the villains in MGSV are more reminiscent of MGS1 & 2, honestly. I don't know if that's possible anymore with such a constrained story and so many moving pieces, but I liked seeing FOXHOUND and Dead Cell around and part of the plot before killing them versus The Cobras and B&B who felt like extra's to keep the Metal Gear formula of amazing boss fights around. I didn't find the battles lacking, I just want them to be relevant instead of being barely more familar than a Genome Soldier.

I hope the villains in MGSV are more reminiscent of MGS1 & 2, honestly. I don't know if that's possible anymore with such a constrained story and so many moving pieces, but I liked seeing FOXHOUND and Dead Cell around and part of the plot before killing them versus The Cobras and B&B who felt like extra's to keep the Metal Gear formula of amazing boss fights around. I didn't find the battles lacking, I just want them to be relevant instead of being barely more familar than a Genome Soldier.

I agree (as great as the Cobras were, they didn't get as much build up as the previous games), but I haven't heard of any indication that henchman villains are coming back especially as the series continues to focus more on the central characters and more on mission based gameplay.

Skullface

Confession time guys. I'm super ashamed to admit this, but I decided to upgrade to the CE simply because I didn't want to miss out on the DLC. I could care less about the babby arm or the steel book. Am I an idiot or what?

Edit: I want to rock the Venom Snake emblem so a year down the road, frustrated players keep asking "how the fuck do you get that emblem?!?", and I'm all in a unique class of suckers that spent an extra $40+ for the privilege. Da fuq is wrong with me.

MattyG

Banned
So I stopped following this whole thing a day or two ago, but Konami has basically confirmed that Kojima's gone for good, right?

Sn4ke_911

Confession time guys. I'm super ashamed to admit this, but I decided to upgrade to the CE simply because I didn't want to miss out on the DLC. I could care less about the babby arm or the steel book. Am I an idiot or what?

Edit: I want to rock the Venom Snake emblem so a year down the road, frustrated players keep asking "how the fuck do you get that emblem?!?", and I'm all in a unique class of suckers that spent an extra $40+ for the privilege. Da fuq is wrong with me.

One of us.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I really want that arm and the making of the game. The DLC seems a good extra though!

Icefire1424

Glad to see "Big Boss" Kojima is doing well.

And that Fury pic reminded me just how badass the bosses were in Snake Eater. I really need to play through that again.

I was going to get the digital version but the urgency about the availability of the CE pulled me in and I caved.
I still wonder what the heck The Fury did in WW2 when there was no space race at all. I guess we'll never know without a Boss game by Kojima ;_;
He was master of the flamethrower in combat.

Rajang

I still don't get it. There is GZ DLC? And if you have the CE you get the DLC automatically?

Sn4ke_911

aaand his next pic is already in work.

Dude wtf, this guy is so good.

CBDDiK0WsAIwTBA.jpg:large

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I just booted it, Kojima Productions is still shown when you first boot the game after the konami logo and before the fox engine logo. Haven't been able to check further.

EDIT: Its still there. Not sure what the update was for then.

o thank god, that was my only worry when I saw the update notice

Edit:

Still voice recording, this game will never come out.
leuhkikwss4x.gif

I am affraid, that because of situation with KONAMI, they forced Kojima to change plot a bit. So they can make new (milk) Metal Gear. Hope it is not true and if it is, hope ending still will be good.

Sidenote: How's MGS-GAF feeling about Bloodborne?

Today I found a room full of vases. OH SHIT. That is the best part of all souls games. Rolling, rolling and rolling. AWWW YEAHH! Vasebreaker! Rolling Rolling!

Sn4ke_911

I am affraid, that because of situation with KONAMI, they forced Kojima to change plot a bit. So they can make new (milk) Metal Gear. Hope it is not true and if it is, hope ending still will be good.

Today I found a room full of vases. OH SHIT. That is the best part of all souls games. Rolling, rolling and rolling. AWWW YEAHH! Vasebreaker! Rolling Rolling!

I wouldn't worry about it. They re-recorded a few lines of Sunny just a few months before MGS4 came out.

After TPP I don't want new MGS games. I want Kojima with Shinkawa to write visual novel or manga, where Kojima would describe all his unrealized ideas and Shinkawa would make art.

Sn4ke_911

After TPP I don't want new MGS games. I want Kojima with Shinkawa to write visual novel or manga, where Kojima would describe all his unrealized ideas and Shinkawa would make art.

I want Kojima to leave Konami, take as many people of Kojima Productions with him, including Shinkawa and Ken. Create a new AAA developer studio and make a new IP.

Best case scenario: Stay at Konami, everything was just a ruse, next game of KojiPro is Silent Hills.

I want Kojima to leave Konami, take as many people of Kojima Productions with him, including Shinkawa and Ken. Create a new AAA developer studio and make a new IP.

Yes, that too. First Silent Hills and then something brand new and mindblowing. But most likely, because of Konami, this will be delayed for 3-4 years now or never going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom