• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

It's that bad huh?

Yeah, you need to install the Substance V2.0 patch, Creative ALchemy Universal and a special .exe fix. And it stilll didn't work for me untill I fiddled around with hex editor. This is all for Windows 7 btw. I don't know anything about running it on 8.1

Me.
Bone user. No PS4 in my household ;)

giphy.gif

strafer

Yeah, you need to install the Substance V2.0 patch, Creative ALchemy Universal and a special .exe fix. And it stilll didn't work for me untill I fiddled around with hex editor. This is all for Windows 7 btw. I don't know anything about running it on 8.1

Wow, sounds like they really fucked up that port. :p

Skullface

was halo 5 beta that good? i heard mixed things about the beta?

Honestly, it was a pacing I haven't felt since Halo:CE. It was differen't, but it was absolutely Halo.

Edit: I happen to think CE is the best multiplayer

Edit 2:
Zelda delayed.

MGSV confirmed GOTY.

I thought you were speaking in hypotheticals or jus like plain kidding. Shit, UC4 and now this? I wasn't planning on buying either game b cause I own neither platform, this makes me worry for PP, especially considering the recent changes at Konami.

I have updated the tiers list

Added Dawg and Lerny. Jay is moved to jojo tier until he washes away the memories of the cleric fight. Under heavy Jay protest, I have relegated myself to shit tier for my Blood Starved issues.

Maybe it isn't as bad as we thought.

This is from the MGS2 final hours documentary.

The no e-mail, twitter and internet restriction is probably because of the pressure they have now to finish the game.

originaltvsy8.jpg

I wish :(

This time around, there's no trailer. The last trailer we had was at Gamescom and how long ago was that? We haven't gotten official footage since the TGS gameplay video.

And this seems to be doing a lot of bad press for Konami.

EDIT: Oops, meant to say that the last trailer we had was at E3, not Gamescom.

SJRB

Gold Member
Maybe it isn't as bad as we thought.

This is from the MGS2 final hours documentary.

The no e-mail, twitter and internet restriction is probably because of the pressure they have now to finish the game.

originaltvsy8.jpg

Different times. There is no way Kojima going on a blackout on Twitter is a coincidence or part of some submerge strategy, there's always time to post a random chopper tweet like he has been doing on an almost daily basis for many weeks right up until the Konami fiasco.

He doesn't even tweet about food anymore, for fucks sake. Konami is probably holding him hostage, not allowed to leave the building. Sleeping in the office, hasn't seen his family in two weeks. I heard he's wearing one of those electric dog collars that give an electric shock when he leaves the 50-foot radius of his office.

The toilet is 54 feet from his office..

Skullface

I'll fly a star shop across the universe divide
And when I reach the other side
I'll find a place to rest my spirit if I can
Perhaps I will become a highwayman again
Or I may simply be a single drop of rain
But I'll be back again, and again, and again, and again
-Kojima

Guess I needed sometime to get away
I needed some piece of mind
Some piece of mind that'll stay
So I thumbed it down to Sixth and L.A. ---
So I thumbed it down to nine o six ten L.A. ("90610")
Maybe a Greyhound could be my way
-Kojima

But they took it away ;_;

Metal-Gear-Online.jpg

was Solid Snake as well known as Big Boss was...or was his legend/reputation much more secretive

for example this image, although its a non-canon, image/promotional art for Metal Gear Online 2 would the soldiers around been like

"Oh hey everybody look at this old guy with his pet robot"

or would they have been like

"Is that the legendary Solid Snake..holy crap it is"

Solid Snake was very much regarded as a legend by his peers in MGS1 and in MGS2 it is mentioned that his popularity skyrocketed even further after Shadow Moses thanks to the documentary about the incident.

Solid Snake was very much regarded as a legend by his peers in MGS1 and in MGS2 it is mentioned that his popularity skyrocketed even further after Shadow Moses thanks to the documentary about the incident.

so everything after Shadow Moses then is well known about him and his exploits

so the only things that kept secret are his Outer Heaven and Zanzibarland missions against Big Boss?

so the only things that kept secret are his Outer Heaven and Zanzibarland missions against Big Boss?
Not that I know of (other than very fine details that are glossed over). Snake is well known in MGS1 because of Zanzibar and a few MGS1 characters relate to things that happened there.

Bloodborne Tiers:

Shit tier - Strat/Jindrax/Lerny
Hunter tier - Jimmy/Dawg/LD
Beast tier - Ream

*** ADDED TIERS ZOMGZ!!! ***
Bloody tier - Brau
THE LEGEND tier - SargerusBR
Vase tier - Sponge
Jojo tier - Jay

Let me know who I've missed and I will update accordingly.

I would demote Jay to worst than shit tier

Been thinking about this. Got a feeling we won't be seeing gray fox in tpp. Why? Because ocelot is in it. That's why. Though,given the franchises convoluted nature, I realize it wouldn't be beyond kojima to make characters cross paths at different points in the timeline but I doubt he'll do it here. having ocelot and fox working in the same outfit would just be odd. Unless kojima is trying to intertwine their fates in a new light now that we're at this point in the timeline. Cruz we all know a missing arm is the end result here.

And speaking of, that brings to mind the question(s): where the fuck is ocelot during Zanzibar land? Underground watching from afar? Falling out with bb at the end of tpp?

Perhaps people will argue that after top, Dr. Clark or naomi program frank to intentionally lop off ocelots arm to initiate the liquid persona thing. Thus, perpetually allowing ocelot to further embody his admiration for b.b. hence the prosthetic limb. Cats do love to blah blah blah you know the rest.

Been thinking about this. Got a feeling we won't be seeing gray fox in tpp. Why? Because ocelot is in it. That's why. Though,given the franchises convoluted nature, I realize it wouldn't be beyond kojima to make characters cross paths at different points in the timeline but I doubt he'll do it here. having ocelot and fox working in the same outfit would just be odd. Unless kojima is trying to intertwine their fates in a new light now that we're at this point in the timeline. Cruz we all know a missing arm is the end result here.

And speaking of, that brings to mind the question(s): where the fuck is ocelot during Zanzibar land? Underground watching from afar? Falling out with bb at the end of tpp?

Perhaps people will argue that after top, Dr. Clark or naomi program frank to intentionally lop off ocelots arm to initiate the liquid persona thing. Thus, perpetually allowing ocelot to further embody his admiration for b.b. hence the prosthetic limb. Cats do love to blah blah blah you know the rest.

yeah..i expect there will be retcons in TPP that deal with MG and MG 2.

Kojima will change some stuff so that the outer heaven uprising fits with the MGS games, closer connection

Dr. Clark or naomi program frank to intentionally lop off ocelots arm to initiate the liquid persona thing. Thus, perpetually allowing ocelot to further embody his admiration for b.b. hence the prosthetic limb. Cats do love to blah blah blah you know the rest.
That didn't happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom