• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullface

So I just started playing Shadow of Mordor, and I'm so surprised with how awesome it is. The thing of it is, I've always sincerely disliked Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. I guess I was in the mood for some 3rd person action adventure. I had no idea how much of an element stealth was to this game. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Being that it's open world, I can easily see myself playing this game throughout the month of April. Then I'll only have 4 more months to kill...

SJRB

Gold Member
So I just started playing Shadow of Mordor, and I'm so surprised with how awesome it is. The thing of it is, I've always sincerely disliked Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. I guess I was in the mood for some 3rd person action adventure. I had no idea how much of an element stealth was to this game. Needless to say, I was pleasantly surprised. Being that it's open world, I can easily see myself playing this game throughout the month of April. Then I'll only have 4 more months to kill...

Excellent game indeed. The combat is really well done and infiltrating an enemy base feels really good thanks to the great climbing mechanics.

could The Phantom Pain become the greatest stealth game of all time..

can it compete with something like Blacklist in pure stealth. (not saying TPP won't be a better game overall, but just in terms of stealth)

im sure it will be difficult to compete with some of the pure, pure stealth games like Thief and Chaos Theory...but it should be interesting

the stealth in GZ is some of the most dynamic gameplay i have ever played

this is a sort of general question about game development, but also applies to Kojima as well

when it comes to game development..does the whole development team know what the whole story is going to be, or only selected parts... are the only people that know the complete story are the directors and a few key people like writers etc.

so for example is kojima and maybe a few other people the only ones that know the whole story for what TPP will be

and in the last of us, was Neil and Bruce and a few others the only ones that knew the complete story of TLOU

or does the whole team know how everything turns out?

Rajang

this is a sort of general question about game development, but also applies to Kojima as well

when it comes to game development..does the whole development team know what the whole story is going to be, or only selected parts... are the only people that know the complete story are the directors and a few key people like writers etc.

so for example is kojima and maybe a few other people the only ones that know the whole story for what TPP will be

and in the last of us, was Neil and Bruce and a few others the only ones that knew the complete story of TLOU

I don't think the whole development team knows the story from start to finish. The script isn't set in stone during development either, they always change things.

JayEH

Don't know the answer but I imagine not every knows it. Depends on what your job is. I bet everyone has a sense of the plot but not the whole story.

Pinewood

I'm pretty sure Kojima is the only one that knows the story to avoid leaks.

Im pretty sure not even that hack Kojima knows the story.
leuhkikcskn4.gif

my apologies..im just really curious thats all and have lots of questions to ask...I didn't mean to annoy anyone with all my questions, im sorry for that

btw, you are one of few people here that stays on topic and still have some interesting questions about Metal Gear. So don't apologize and question all you like.

About your question, I don't know. I asked ToraShiro similar question, but he ignored me and responded to all others except me :(
But I think that many people know whole story.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=157455505&postcount=15461

could The Phantom Pain become the greatest stealth game of all time..

can it compete with something like Blacklist in pure stealth. (not saying TPP won't be a better game overall, but just in terms of stealth)

im sure it will be difficult to compete with some of the pure, pure stealth games like Thief and Chaos Theory...but it should be interesting

the stealth in GZ is some of the most dynamic gameplay i have ever played
I think a game like Blacklist probably has better stealth in terms of pure technical gameplay. But TPP is an open world stealth game. Some of the tight gameplay in blacklist might not work so well in a more open world. Dynamic is a good way of the describing GZ. I think it's exactly what it needs to be.

The creative/design departments most likely know the story as a whole especially to contextualize even unrelated scenes as a part of a whole, and those that create the resources and programming likely find out as they put the game together and are coached on the importance of certain scenes. I'm sure everybody is under legal contract not to leak details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom