• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know we always talk about, years ago, if and when Kojima will ever leave Metal Gear and move on

do you think all this time, alot of it was just that Hideo was obsessed with Metal Gear, that he is obsessed with his universe, that it's hard for him to just let it go, i feel like alot of that had to do, which stopped him from leaving, im sure konami played a role, but it seems like he just loves his universe

you know we always talk about, years ago, if and when Kojima will ever leave Metal Gear and move on

do you think all this time, alot of it was just that Hideo was obsessed with Metal Gear, that he is obsessed with his universe, that it's hard for him to just let it go, i feel like alot of that had to do, which stopped him from leaving, im sure konami played a role, but it seems like he just loves his universe

I don't know why, but I always had that feeling that he is not obsessed with Metal Gear. But during GZ/TPP development I have feeling that he loves it veeeery much, maybe because he is happy he can finally finish story.

Also it feels like he really like Big Boss story/games, but Solid Snake's story kinda not.

I don't know why, but I always had that feeling that he is not obsessed with Metal Gear. But during GZ/TPP development I have feeling that he loves it veeeery much, maybe because he is happy he can finally finish story.

Also it feels like he really like Big Boss story/games, but Solid Snake's story kinda not.

maybe not obsessed, but i think has a huge fondness for it, it's a universe he has been creating for 20+ years...and plus his twitter is mainly retweets of mgs fanart etc...

what is his reason for liking Big Boss more than Solid Snake?

SamuraiX-

He was always trying to pass the Metal Gear series off to his team ever since he completed MGS2 but they just constantly kept pulling him back. I think Peace Walker and MGS5 are the only games that he legitimately enjoyed making since MGS2.

maybe not obsessed, but i think has a huge fondness for it, it's a universe he has been creating for 20+ years...and plus his twitter is mainly retweets of mgs fanart etc...

what is his reason for liking Big Boss more than Solid Snake?

I dont know reason, thats just how I feel. Maybe because after MG,MG2, and MGS1 he was forced to make story about Solid Snake. But I think he always loved BB more than SS.

RadioHammer, I made avatar for you. Use it if you want :)
When I see your username that is what I think. Radio built into Thor's hammer.

t1veDGdg.png
Standard version

WGWjLEGD.png
and Kojima version.

He was always trying to pass the Metal Gear series off to his team ever since he completed MGS2 but they just constantly kept pulling him back. I think Peace Walker and MGS5 are the only games that he legitimately enjoyed making since MGS2.
I always thought that he wanted to pass the series onto his team, be he himself couldn't stay away. Like he wanted to let it go but he couldn't. Your saying that it was his team that kept bringing him back? He was fine with staying out of it?

JayEH

I agree. That's why 4 suffered so much IMO. He didn't want to make it, when he did he wanted to wrap everything up (and I mean everything) and the story became worse as a result.

I always thought that he wanted to pass the series onto his team, be he himself couldn't stay away. Like he wanted to let it go but he couldn't. Your saying that it was his team that kept bringing him back? He was fine with staying out of it?

AFAIK, he came back to 3 since he wasn't impressed by the direction they were going and came back to 4 due to death threats.

paolo11

Hello guys. I wanna join this community. I am a huge MGS fan myself. I did a MGS Fall and Winter marathon from MGS1 to MGS3 along with Peace Walker because I want to get all the platinum for this game. I only need MGS4 Platinum which I am currently working on (done with the Chicken Run).

Quick question, will you guys plan to pre order the MGS V Phantom Pain PS4 console? If you do, where will you preorder it?

Rajang

Hello guys. I wanna join this community. I am a huge MGS fan myself. I did a MGS Fall and Winter marathon from MGS1 to MGS3 along with Peace Walker because I want to get all the platinum for this game. I only need MGS4 Platinum which I am currently working on (done with the Chicken Run).

Quick question, will you guys plan to pre order the MGS V Phantom Pain PS4 console? If you do, where will you preorder it?

Welcome brother.

And I won't be buying the TPP theme'd PS4. I wanted to get it untill I saw the design. I just don't like the look at all.

I do have the PS4 CE pre-ordered though, even though I don't own a PS4 yet.

paolo11

Welcome brother.

And I won't be buying the TPP theme'd PS4. I wanted to get it untill I saw the design. I just don't like the look at all.

I do have the PS4 CE pre-ordered though, even though I don't own a PS4 yet.

Thanks for welcoming me.

Nice, I preordered the CE as well. I was planning to get the MGS V themed console and sell my PS4. I just don't know where to preorder that thing.

I dont know reason, thats just how I feel. Maybe because after MG,MG2, and MGS1 he was forced to make story about Solid Snake. But I think he always loved BB more than SS.

RadioHammer, I made avatar for you. Use it if you want :)
When I see your username that is what I think. Radio built into Thor's hammer.

t1veDGdg.png
Standard version

WGWjLEGD.png
and Kojima version.

wow spongboba thats awesome, you didn't have to man, Thanks alot man..I appreciate it

Welcome, BROOOTHEEER!

MajorTom

Welcome!
I'd love to have the console but I think it will be too difficult to get and probably too expensive.

Also, I have returned Brothers!
Been super busy with an assignment but I've finished it now :D hoping to become more active on Gaf again now.
so hyped to play Bloodborne tomorrow :)

I agree. That's why 4 suffered so much IMO. He didn't want to make it, when he did he wanted to wrap everything up (and I mean everything) and the story became worse as a result.

AFAIK, he came back to 3 since he wasn't impressed by the direction they were going and came back to 4 due to death threats.
That's right. I remember the death threats now.

Kindekuma

Banned

Yeah, we're getting there.
Oh god this wait is so long. Summer break is going to take forever waiting for this game.

Question MGSGAF,

What are you doing come launch day? Are you taking the day off, cancelling all events? I plan to devote two whole days non stop to play this and then get back to school work. I plan on talking to my professors to find out what I'll miss the day I'm gone so I can stay caught up when I don't show up.

MajorTom

Oh god this wait is so long. Summer break is going to take forever waiting for this game.

Question MGSGAF,

What are you doing come launch day? Are you taking the day off, cancelling all events? I plan to devote two whole days non stop to play this and then get back to school work. I plan on talking to my professors to find out what I'll miss the day I'm gone so I can stay caught up when I don't show up.
Launch day.......Well I'm gonna have to wait in all day for the CE to arrive. Then when it arrives I'm going to play it for at least 10 hours straight probably. I won't see my girlfriend for a few days after most likely. I don't think I will have started my 2nd year at uni yet by that point so I should still have plenty of time to spare.
Thinking about maybe pre ordering it digitally too so I can play it as soon as it comes out.

Question MGSGAF,

What are you doing come launch day? Are you taking the day off, cancelling all events?

I'll be pissed off from having to go on a goddamn internet black-out because I get the fucking thing 2 weeks late on PC.

So, I just came across this article: http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=18555

Which is stating:

To reiterate, this is what you get in The Phantom Pain for transferring your Ground Zeroes save file:

The sneaking suit from Ground Zeroes
Mother Base staff, including any POWs you’ve saved (it’s not specific yet)
The option to revisit Camp Omega (including something ‘cool’ Kojima talked about earlier, something that has never been done before)

The POWs/MB staff, and the Camp Omega stuff I vaguely recall Kojima mentioning... but where did this GZ sneaking suit being in TPP info come from? I can't find a source on it.

Mexen

Question MGSGAF,

I'll probably be working on my thesis.
MGS V Release Day Braii With Friends Of Course! Then I'll come here/head on to r/metalgearsolid and share manly tears with you all

Wow YongYea gets to interview Troy Baker.

Take that haters
smugfuumt.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe_7ZB1LvvY

2015-03-2620_29_57-sudruhh.png

Awesome stuff. Awaiting the Kojima interview now.

Rean

Question MGSGAF,

I'm just gonna play it as much as i can. I won't cancel events for skip class for it.

Toparaman

Banned
After TPP I don't want new MGS games. I want Kojima with Shinkawa to write visual novel or manga, where Kojima would describe all his unrealized ideas and Shinkawa would make art.

I really want Kojima to make a AAA sci-fi game. Maybe a spiritual successor to Policenauts and Snatcher.

JayEH

I really want Kojima to make a AAA sci-fi game. Maybe a spiritual successor to Policenauts and Snatcher.

Yessss. This is what I've talk about with others haha. I haven't gotten the chance to play them yet but everything I've seen looks awesome. I get excited even thinking about a LA noire style cyber punk game by Kojima.

MajorTom

Yessss. This is what I've talk about with others haha. I haven't gotten the chance to play them yet but everything I've seen looks awesome. I get excited even thinking about a LA noire style cyber punk game by Kojima.
That would be amazing! I'm a sucker for cyber punk in games.

SJRB

Gold Member

Question MGSGAF,

Well I heard that my current job contract ends 1st of September.

Kinda surreal that the first thought going through my mind was "Nice, plenty of time for Phantom Pain".

GZ is on Sale on PSN EU and on steam right now.... I guess I'm gonna continue the tradition of triple-dipping on MGS games.

The POWs/MB staff, and the Camp Omega stuff I vaguely recall Kojima mentioning... but where did this GZ sneaking suit being in TPP info come from? I can't find a source on it.
xZn7Gnf.png

KorrZ

Whats up MetalGearGAF!

New convert here. Until recently I was almost completely blank on this series (I've played 4 and GZ but none of the originals) and I just completed MGS1 and 2 back to back and have started 3. I have to say I feel pretty bad about never really giving the games a chance before because for the most part I've loved them.

I wanted to get some opinions from you long time fans on your thoughts on MGS1 vs 2, having just played them both for the first time, the differences are very fresh in my mind.

Even though I really enjoyed both games and 2 is a massive improvement in gameplay and control, I can't shake the feeling that MGS1 was just a superior experience.

- Dead Cell fell completely flat for me compared to the FOXHOUND unit, the difference in personality is just extremely stark, as in...I don't feel that the Dead Cell members really had any. There was just nothing as memorable as Sniper Wolf's death scene, or the crazy mind fuck of Psycho Mantis.

- Similarly I feel like the actual boss fights with these Dead Cell members were way less creative. I loved that most of the boss fights in MGS1 are unique, a sniper battle, a hide and seek encounter with Raven, a straight up fist fight with Gray fox..in comparison I kind of just stood around and shot Vamp a bunch of times.

- Codec conversations were just less interesting over all - I know it plays into the story somewhat with the Colonel being an AI but it doesn't make it any less boring.

I could go on and on but I don't want to make this post too long. Overall, I just found the second game to be missing...something...it just didn't feel the same. MGSGAF, what are your thoughts on this?

really hammer? no Kojima support tag? who are you?

Apologize to Kojima. Where's your tag?

First thing ill do when i get home. Actually not having a tag makes me a bigger Kojima fan.

Whats up MetalGearGAF!

New convert here. Until recently I was almost completely blank on this series (I've played 4 and GZ but none of the originals) and I just completed MGS1 and 2 back to back and have started 3. I have to say I feel pretty bad about never really giving the games a chance before because for the most part I've loved them.

I wanted to get some opinions from you long time fans on your thoughts on MGS1 vs 2, having just played them both for the first time, the differences are very fresh in my mind.

Even though I really enjoyed both games and 2 is a massive improvement in gameplay and control, I can't shake the feeling that MGS1 was just a superior experience.

- Dead Cell fell completely flat for me compared to the FOXHOUND unit, the difference in personality is just extremely stark, as in...I don't feel that the Dead Cell members really had any. There was just nothing as memorable as Sniper Wolf's death scene, or the crazy mind fuck of Psycho Mantis.

- Similarly I feel like the actual boss fights with these Dead Cell members were way less creative. I loved that most of the boss fights in MGS1 are unique, a sniper battle, a hide and seek encounter with Raven, a straight up fist fight with Gray fox..in comparison I kind of just stood around and shot Vamp a bunch of times.

- Codec conversations were just less interesting over all - I know it plays into the story somewhat with the Colonel being an AI but it doesn't make it any less boring.

I could go on and on but I don't want to make this post too long. Overall, I just found the second game to be missing...something...it just didn't feel the same. MGSGAF, what are your thoughts on this?

Yeah, mgs 1 was the better experience for me, everything flowed together so perfectly.

strafer

Strafer spent 20 hours on first boss confirmed.

Strafer has spent 0 hours since he hasn't gotten the game yet. I was just joking with Jimmy, seeing as that's what we do here.

Bloodborne sounds and looks amazing. Can't wait to start playing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom