• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zambatoh

you know everyone hates on Twin Snakes because of the ridiculous cutscenes which i agree...

but isn't the gameplay in Twin Snakes actually have better gameplay than OG MGS 1

Quite the opposite. The new mechanics effectively broke the game.

Wait a second! People are actually donating money to kill Meryl!? What the F!?

you know everyone hates on Twin Snakes because of the ridiculous cutscenes which i agree...

but isn't the gameplay in Twin Snakes actually have better gameplay than OG MGS 1

It makes it less of a chore to play and it's easier for newcomers to get into. It does make it a lot easier though but I don't know why the haters just don't use the first person mode if they find it too easy. It's obviously optional.

brau

Gameplay is better. But they butchered the nice cutscene direction that the first one had. Snake is not supposed to be some over the top prancing gymnast.

The only bit i did like was the extended Ocelot gun play haha.

Overall tho.. the game looks nicer and plays better.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Gameplay is better. But they butchered the nice cutscene direction that the first one had. Snake is not supposed to be some over the top prancing gymnast.

The only bit i did like was the extended Ocelot gun play haha.

Overall tho.. the game looks nicer and plays better.

nah bruh, it plays like shit
they ruined any balance and challenge the OG game had because they didn't give a fuck

brau

nah bruh, it plays like shit
they ruined any balance and challenge the OG game had because they didn't give a fuck

Hmm.... it plays better. But any balance that the game had from the original is lost. So i will agree. Being able to look in FP view kills any tactical gameplay that was required.

So i guess its a double edged sword?

I do prefer the original over the remake on the Gamecube.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Hmm.... it plays better. But any balance that the game had from the original is lost. So i will agree. Being able to look in FP view kills any tactical gameplay that was required.

So i guess its a double edged sword?

I do prefer the original over the remake on the Gamecube.

It just bugs me that Silicon Knights were so lazy that they couldn't even bother to stop and think about how the levels were build around the PS1 mechanics and try and modify at least something about them. For example, the Mantis fight he just did on stream was just spent camping on a single corner without even using the controller trick because they didn't think anything though.

Zambatoh

Strangely enough the sound effect they used for the dog peeing on the box, sounds like someone pouring a cup of coffee.

KorrZ

It just bugs me that Silicon Knights were so lazy that they couldn't even bother to stop and think about how the levels were build around the PS1 mechanics and try and modify at least something about them. For example, the Mantis fight he just did on stream was just spent camping on a single corner without even using the controller trick because they didn't think anything though.

It's obvious right away from playing the PS1 game that first person aiming alone would completely destroy the balance of that game. It just wasn't designed for it at all and it's disappointing that they didn't take that into consideration.

brau

Yea... i see what you mean. I agree.. the game was not designed to play with MGS2 mechanics. Specially the bosses.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
metal_gear_solid_by_soujirou1994-d8ntd3j.jpg

He ain't that good. His best work has two other people credited alongside him, and his 2nd best work is a straightforward adaptation of one of the greatest literary works of the last century.

Although, I have to say I'm not terribly impressed with the writer's credits that they did decide to go with. But I'm reserving judgement until I actually see some of his films.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
He ain't that good. His best work has two other people credited alongside him, and his 2nd best work is a straightforward adaptation of one of the greatest literary works of the last century.

Shit yeah. I wouldn't call it a straightforward adaptation though. I think there are plenty of key changes that undermine the point of the original comic.

Mexen

Well, well, Konami, you've been busy.

TU1Usqfl.jpg

I once tweeted him and he sent me a PM back saying: love you back bro.

pharrell_williams.png

Cool. I once made fun of his passive reaction to being replaced by Sutherland and he DM'ed me saying: "but I did ask, no one got back to me."

will we get to learn more about Big Boss political, religious, philosophical beliefs in MGS V TPP?

Hm. I think we will get plenty of political and philosophical. With him I think they are one and the same. But I think it boils down to a will to be your own man, controlled by no one, and valued by all. Not needing soldiers decreased their respect and value and left them in a world they felt no longer needed and thus dispensed. I think we know most of his values, i'm interested to see how they mature.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Dawg is coming back today.

Edit: No he's not. I got it mixed up.

B_L3E8VW8AItscI.jpg:large

Timeaisis

So what do you guys make of Troy's recent hints? #TeamA, amiritie? It's all but confirmed now that Hayter will be back. Right, guys?
Right?

Vally

So what do you guys make of Troy's recent hints? #TeamA, amiritie? It's all but confirmed now that Hayter will be back. Right, guys?
Right?

I'm #teamB, but Troy's hints and those vague tweets from Hayter ("Always have a secret", "The less you say the more powerful it is") make me think that maybe I chose the wrong team lol. We'll see in September :D

Hm. I think we will get plenty of political and philosophical. With him I think they are one and the same. But I think it boils down to a will to be your own man, controlled by no one, and valued by all. Not needing soldiers decreased their respect and value and left them in a world they felt no longer needed and thus dispensed. I think we know most of his values, i'm interested to see how they mature.

what is he exactly..is he far left, far right?

religion, is he a theist or athiest/agnostic?

RK9039

Right?

Yes,
no

what is he exactly..is he far left, far right?

Isn't he basically an anarchist? at least to some level I think. His Outer Heaven is supposed to be the complete opposite of what the Patriots/Zero was trying to create, they were trying to create a system to control. Outer Heaven was meant to "free" people/soldiers from the system allowing them to fight for themselves and not for any ideology.

Also in Peace Walker Big Boss talks about Che Guevara, who was a Marxist revolutionary, I think BB praises him a couple of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom