• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rajang

original.jpg

SamuraiX-

Has anybody been keeping up with Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China?

I never played AC4 and didn't care at all for Unity but this one looks really promising. It's a new 2.5D style that utilizes MGS-esque enemy vision cones and some really sleek gameplay mechanics that make it stand out from your standard platformer. Apparently a Chronicles India and Russia is also in the works.

$9.99 on PC this April? Yes, please. Don't mind if I do! :D

KorrZ

I went by chronological order, for whatever reason. Release order is probably the best way to do it.

Do this

Don't do this.

Yeah, I suppose 4 it is then! My plan was pretty much to pretend that Portable Ops doesn't exist, which from what I've heard isn't too bad of an idea.

Skullface

even at the time of MGS V.. Big Boss being 49 years old and maybe slightly past his prime..is he still the world's greatest living soldier at the time?

Boy oh boy, there's a picture of a man that's in his 70's riding a horse in the Middle East during contemporary conflicts. He's our modern day big boss.

Edit: someone help me rediscover this glorious bastard! I'm pretty sure he was ex special forces and went to Afghanistan for aid/training purposes.

Vally

Someone on reddit made this recap of what Troy Baker said about MGSV in the interview

-He loves David Hayter's work as Snake/Big Boss but mentioned Kiefer Sutherland is knocking it out the park as Big Boss and that people should reserve their judgement

-Implied there's a reason Kiefer is Big Boss

-In The Phantom Pain, you may view Ocelot in a whole different way than past games

-Most or all the characters in TPP will tie into the controversial themes to some extent

Upcoming Interviews: Paul Eiding (Confirmed), Kiefer Sutherland (Currently being organised)

JayEH

Has anybody been keeping up with Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China?

I never played AC4 and didn't care at all for Unity but this one looks really promising. It's a new 2.5D style that utilizes MGS-esque enemy vision cones and some really sleek gameplay mechanics that make it stand out from your standard platformer. Apparently a Chronicles India and Russia is also in the works.

$9.99 on PC this April? Yes, please. Don't mind if I do! :D

I may pick it up just because it is in China. I've been wanting AC to be in an Asian setting (like Japan) for a while now and though this isn't a full AC game, I'll take what I can get.

Mexen

Leaked list of MGS V bosses suggests encounter with Solid Snake a possibility.

Nisemono.com said:
We have received inside information from an anonymous Konami employee working on TPP that Solid Snake makes it in the game as a boss. However, this will highly depend on the choices the player makes as there will be choice and multiple endings in the game but which won't detract from the plot as we know it.
"No, you're not creating a paradox... Let me clarify. You can see choose to fight Solid, oh and this isn't the MG fight, it's... Let's call it encounter one. So yeah, you can choose to fight him or not. As with buddies, your choices can determine whether or not you even ever meet him on the battlefield as an opponent. This was always the plan."
Turns out the "buddy system" applies to the roster of bosses as well. So far "optional" bosses (as revealed by our source) include Solid Snake and Black Venom (the code used for Big Boss's dark version)- Yes, you fight a mental battle against yourself.
We've reached out to Kojima and Konami but neither have responded yet.
Full Boss Roster And More here...
Alternative Link

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like that should be behind spoiler tags.

And remember that other script leak? Yeah, that was fake, wasn't it?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
He is alive and well!

I think a Konami official would not retweet Mad Max stuff. So maybe the embargo was lifted?

Well Otsuka posted this on march 26. This was the first pic of Kojima after that Konami shitshow.

Akio-Otsuka-Stefanie-Joosten-Hideo-Kojima.jpg

Mexen

I wonder how hard it must be for Kojima to lurk these days. All those fine meals and not a pic to share it with the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom