• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batzi

Banned
It's a scene cut from the game.
leuhkikcskn4ycuht.gif

That's clearly not a scene cut from the game. Camp Omega main mission happened at night only. That's a story related scene that will be shown in TPP.

I'm more interested to know why this is happening and who is that prisoner being tortured then executed.[/IMG]

According to the number on his back, he's the same prisoner in GZ (Prisoner 12282) who mentions that Skull Face told him "nothing to be ashamed of, pain gets the better of us all".

It's not clear if he was meant to be that same prisoner, though.

JayEH

According to the number on his back, he's the same prisoner in GZ (Prisoner 12282) who mentions that Skull Face told him "nothing to be ashamed of, pain gets the better of us all".

It's not clear if he was meant to be that same prisoner, though.

Good catch. That side op is so weird. I've always seen the side ops as just non canon side stories but this is the only mission where they mention Skullface.

Batzi

Banned
Look at my edit.

I did. I think we get MSF's sneaking suit if we bought GZ. I don't think revisiting Camp Omega has to do with the GZ purchase. If it's story related then it has to be in TPP. Maybe that scene is a flashback prior to Camp Omega's main mission? Maybe it's there only to reiterate a detail in the story that happened already?

That's clearly not a scene cut from the game. Camp Omega main mission happened at night only. That's a story related scene that will be shown in TPP.

i know most disagree with me, but i still think that scene will happen away from camp omega

Rean

When do you think TPP will end, just before Metal Gear starts or farther than that?

I came a little late in the last thread so I don't know if you guys talked about this yet

A little late but kudos on the OT, it's incredible!

The Metal Gear Community thread, the greatest OT ever made. More than enough to wow anything that moves.

MajorTom

When do you think TPP will end, just before Metal Gear starts or farther than that?

I would ideally like for it to end after Metal Gear 2. But I think we have to be realistic. The latest it will probably end will be just before Metal Gear starts, then maybe a post-credits scene teasing a Metal Gear remake (maybe 1 and 2 in one game).

JayEH

I came a little late in the last thread so I don't know if you guys talked about this yet

The end of the original Metal Gear where we kill Big Boss as Solid Snake played by Ryan Gosling.

Batzi

Banned

It will have 2 endings (not alternate), pretty much like PW. The first ending doesn't really matter but will feature Outer Heaven, the one world in which soldiers will always have a place. The nation that is referred to in every Metal Gear game. The second ending is not really an ending as much as it is a secret chapter. This chapter will be set years later and you will play as a young Solid Snake infiltrating Big Boss' fortress. The chapter ends there. It will be a taste of what MG1 would be like. Now Kojima could be trolling all along and have already created an MG1 remake and included it as that secret chapter in TPP. To answer your question, Kojima wants to close the gap between Big Boss' story and Solid Snake's beginning.

JayEH

It will have 2 endings (not alternate), pretty much like PW. The first ending doesn't really matter but will feature Outer Heaven, the one world in which soldiers will always have a place. The nation that is referred to in every Metal Gear game. The second ending is not really an ending as much as it is a secret chapter. This chapter will be set years later and you will play as a young Solid Snake infiltrating Big Boss' fortress. The chapter ends there. It will be a taste of what MG1 would be like. Now Kojima could be trolling all along and have already created an MG1 remake and included it as that secret chapter in TPP. To answer your question, Kojima wants to close the gap between Big Boss' story and Solid Snake's beginning.

Hmm I like your two endings idea. Didn't even think of it like that.

MajorTom

That's a pretty interesting theory. I'm really interested to find out just how far Kojima has gone this time.

Batzi

Banned
Hmm I like your two endings idea. Didn't even think of it like that.

The story gap was discussed in an interview with GameInformer and Kojima replied "don't look into my eyes when you say that, I'm tempted to say but I can't". So yea.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.

Endfight: Solid Snake (David Hayter) VS Big Boss (Kiefer Sutherland).

Batzi

Banned

That never happened prior to MG1 so if Kojima is really not going to remake MG1/MG2, this fight will never be in TPP but if he's lying and he actually remade MG1 then yes expect this fight and that's what I mentioned in my previous post.

i know most disagree with me, but i still think that scene will happen away from camp omega

It's possible. I do remember in the one of the KP alerts/kp report podcast things before they started doing Kojima station Sean Eyestone said how certain scenes for the E3 trailer weren't ready so they had to throw some of it together as Hideo had requested them in.

With early MGS4 trailers we saw Raiden fighting the Gekkos in the Middle East when in the final game he does in South America, probably because it wasn't ready. So there's a chance maybe the stage that cutscene takes place wasn't finished and they showed the scene at Camp Omega with those npcs instead.

sexyelder

Waiting at the theater for my movie to start and the ideas you guys have plus the smell of pop corn is an incredible feeling ('u') i just wish I could see the nuclear trailer in a cinema

Batzi

Banned
Waiting at the theater for my movie to start and the ideas you guys have plus the smell of pop corn is an incredible feeling ('u') i just wish I could see the nuclear trailer in a cinema

I saw it live at a movie theatre when Sony was broadcasting their E3 press conference in major cities in NA.

EDIT: Unfortunately, the Sony press conference version of the trailer was the short version. It ends with Big Boss' scream moment.

Rean

If there is a secret chapter in TPP I hope you can actually play the Metal Gear mission the entire way through. Maybe they'll put the MG1 and MG2 story in as DLC even though I would hate it being DLC. If they put "what if" skins like Young Snake in MGS4 that would be a good indication that they're remaking them as well.

It's possible. I do remember in the one of the KP alerts/kp report podcast things before they started doing Kojima station Sean Eyestone said how certain scenes for the E3 trailer weren't ready so they had to throw some of it together as Hideo had requested them in.

With early MGS4 trailers we saw Raiden fighting the Gekkos in the Middle East when in the final game he does in South America, probably because it wasn't ready. So there's a chance maybe the stage that cutscene takes place wasn't finished and they showed the scene at Camp Omega with those npcs instead.

yeah, this is exactly what i think happened. they had this waterboarding, prisoner getting shot scene mo-capped, but they didn't have the scene completed yet so they just used the camp omega setting and models for it

Batzi

Banned
yeah, this is exactly what i think happened. they had this waterboarding, prisoner getting shot scene mo-capped, but they didn't have the scene completed yet so they just used the camp omega setting and models for it

So you're saying there is a new prison camp that we don't know about yet? Possibly a Soviet prison camp in Afghanistan? They were playing Kaz' monologue while showing this water boarding scene so I assume he was referring to Soviet soldiers torturing his body. Cause the water boarding scene in the red band trailer was clearly American soldiers at Camp Omega.

Rajang

Yeah, or something like this:

Instead of the "phone call twist" we usually hear after the credits, we now hear Big Boss through codec: This is Big Boss... Operation Intrude 313. Infiltrate the enemy's OUTER HEAVEN and destroy the ultimate weapon: Metal Gear!

We then see someone swimming to shore. He takes off his diving suit and then we see the face of Solid Snake, beautifully rendered in Fox Engine.

"Kept you waiting, huh?" - David Hayter.

sexyelder

So do you guys think TPP will span at least a decade,or will it be solely on the year 1984? Maybe the trailers have only shown the first few hours of the game. I'd like to have the game finish with an old white haired Big Boss with the horn out "who's age hasn't shown him down one bit" Just to see him age with all the stress and torment, it'd be so powerful. (Btw, how do you think the horn will come out?)

JayEH

that's why i don't see a full-on MG remake happening in TPP, doesn't really allow kojima to spread his creative wings, so to speak.

I'm fine as long as the game ends with Big Boss putting on the trench coat and looking at a young Solid Snake get ready for infiltration of Outer Heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom