• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Palpable

yjCc18q.png

Brought a tear to my eye....

Perhaps one day I will be back to make the wall of shame again... but until then...

Big-Boss-Salute-1.gif

Rean

Yeah, or something like this:

Instead of the "phone call twist" we usually hear after the credits, we now hear Big Boss through codec: This is Big Boss... Operation Intrude 313. Infiltrate the enemy's OUTER HEAVEN and destroy the ultimate weapon: Metal Gear!

We then see someone swimming to shore. He takes off his diving suit and then we see the face of Solid Snake, beautifully rendered in Fox Engine.

"Kept you waiting, huh?" - David Hayter.
I like this ending.

Theme of Tara intensifies

So do you guys think TPP will span at least a decade,or will it be solely on the year 1984? Maybe the trailers have only shown the first few hours of the game. I'd like to have the game finish with an old white haired Big Boss with the horn out "who's age hasn't shown him down one bit" Just to see him age with all the stress and torment, it'd be so powerful. (Btw, how do you think the horn will come out?)

I think "The Phantom Pain" will primarily take place in 1984 as that is a nod to the novel of the same name and encapsulates the Orwellian themes that Kojima is trying to portray with the core game and it's story. We'll stay in that 1984 setting for most of the game, much like how Big Boss wakes up and is trapped within a world controlled by Cipher/Big Brother and having to respond to that. I think Big Boss will have to complete his "arc" that the game centers around in that era, and only once his transformation is complete and he's had that sort of carthasis that leads to his decision to create Outer Heaven will we get to see anything beyond that. Kind of like how Chapter 4 of PW ended with the "Call me Big Boss" scene and was considered an "ending."

This will be the "ending", as in it will be the ending to "the Phantom Pain" subtitle and the core experience of managing Diamond Dogs and so forth... it will be the end of the core game regarding Diamond Dogs seeking revenge against the man who we're lead to believe caused the Ground Zeroes incident, but knowing Kojima there may be an extra epilogue or secret chapter that goes beyond "the Phantom Pain" and moves into Metal Gear 1 territory and will have you controlling Solid Snake infiltrating Outer Heaven. That would obviously be set in the 90s and would need a time jump, and would be a nice bit of fanservice for the long time fans who want to see the timeline converge and the MSX games on the fox engine.

But if you're asking if I think the core storyline itself and Big Boss/Diamond Dogs will span a decade or go beyond 1984... Nah, I don't think so. I think outside of a time jump near the end we're stuck in the setting that Kojima has chosen for this story. I think if the main storyline spanned longer Kojima would have pointed this out in interviews, as unlike a "hidden ending" I wouldn't say it's a spoiler... it would just be a fact that they could use in promotion to tell us the game will go forward a few years every chapter or whatever.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Thats MGO. MGO team is from LA. It's not the same as the MGSV team.

Doesn't mean that Kojima wont be there... right ... right?

:<

There is a Kojima Station on march 5 so probably not...

Sn4ke_911

Why are you here, just to let us suffer? :<

Edit: okay im kind of getting worried now...

Next week should be Destination Playstation if still no release date or anything new ...I don't know where they will be next then :3

Vally

They said back in January that they would be able to announce the release window "soon", so let's hope they say something at Destination Playstation... at least a Q2/Q3 confirmation

Rajang

They said back in January that they would be able to announce the release window "soon", so let's hope they say something at Destination Playstation... at least a Q2/Q3 confirmation

Yeah, soon can't be E3. I hope it's Destination PlayStation or upcoming Kojima Station.

June release date would be perfect.

Sn4ke_911

I forget, how was the release date for Ground Zeroes announced?

Wasn't it just a press release?

but I do have a feeling they want to do something bigger with the release date reveal... at least announce it with a new trailer.

Hell i would organize an event for the release that with a new trailer, invite fans and press and in the end of the new trailer boom release date ....people would freak the fuck out.

SILENT HILLS BREH

If president of Konami ToraShiro won't post anything here in V hours then release date is confirmed V/V/201V or earlier.

This is Torashiro waiting on Kojima
cookie_monster_waiting.gif

This is Kojima eating exotic foods while forgetting about our release date
cookie-monster-eating-cookies-o.gif

This is Outer gaf waiting to be pleasantly surprised with a release date
1Sk0c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom