• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT2| © 2015 Konami Digital Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skullface

How was it visiting your kid?

This is going to sound strange; I was miserable to whole trip. It was emotionally draining, and the whole time it felt like there was a knife in my chest. No joke, I was in tears sitting in the Sponge Bob movie with her. I took her toy shopping, and I remember she held up this baby Elsa doll I got her and she showed it to me saying "Dennis bought!". Dennis is that dick that stole her and my ex from me. It was great to see her, but the trip as a whole was one of the most difficult things I've ever done in my life.

Rajang

I sold my PlayStation 3 before The Last of Us was released. I wanted to sell it before it lost all of its value. Also, I was in a very dark period of my life back then. I barely did any gaming. So the console was useless to me. Sold it in the hope I'd get better when the PlayStation 4 released.

I do regret not having played Peace Walker as it was released before I sold my PlayStation 3. Also, I played 4 in 2009. Back when I bought my Phat PS3.

We need a Legacy Collection for PS4.

MajorTom

This is going to sound strange; I was miserable to whole trip. It was emotionally draining, and the whole time it felt like there was a knife in my chest. No joke, I was in tears sitting in the Sponge Bob movie with her. I took her toy shopping, and I remember she held up this baby Elsa doll I got her and she showed it to me saying "Dennis bought!". Dennis is that dick that stole her and my ex from me. It was great to see her, but the trip as a whole was one of the most difficult things I've ever done in my life.

Sorry to hear that dude :/ i hope things get better in time.

Rajang

It might be time for an optometrist appointment.

fallon-glasses.gif

Dawg

This is what I mean:

zeproofmquhs.png

Peace Walker HD = €14,99
Ancient PSP Peace Walker Relic = €19,99

Just pissed me off, you know? It's not like I don't have any money left, but I try to save every bit I have. I have enough of my backlog too. I bought GTA V last year for €59,99 and I barely played it. That right there is a waste of money. I also bought Destiny for €30 off a friend and I completed the story once and dropped it. Again, waste of money. Best thing I did last year was buying Ground Zeroes in july. Got the most value out of that game.

Come to think of it, I barely buy any games. Since the PS4 has released, I only bought AC IV, Ground Zeroes, Destiny and GTA V. The last big purchase I did was buying a PSTV with P4G and both Danganronpas. At least that was worth it.

I just don't make much money while I'm dealing with my personal issues. I get around €400 a month, €300 of that goes to my parents, €40 to therapists and stuff and with some luck, I have around €50 left.

JayEH

It might be time for an optometrist appointment.

Lol

We need a Legacy Collection for PS4.

Soon.

I get ya. Well hopefully other trips will be better :) Sorry I don't have much advice since I'm not a dad.

Aye, that it is m8! TREAD LIGHTLY

Metal Gear solid is the greatest video game series of all time. Come at me.

Bricky

I could buy it for my PlayStation TV but I'm already short on cash and the PSP version is more expensive than the HD version on PSN... I just think that's an awful thing to do from Konami. Not make a Vita port and then make the PSP version more expensive.

The only reason I bought it on PS3 is that there isn't a decent Vita version for a decent price. Twenty euro for a PSP game which pretty much never goes on sale is a bit steep.

A shame too, because I would've prefered to play Peace Walker on Vita in hindsight. Improved controls and 1080p/60fps are nice and all, but the entire game is designed/paced around being a handheld experience.

Skullface

Sorry to hear that dude :/ i hope things get better in time.

Thanks man. I'm sure things will get better in time, but it hurts so much knowing that she's confused about who I am and probably will be until she's old enough to comprehend the situation. Maybe in about 7 years when she's 10.

I grew up calling my 3 half siblings' mother "aunty" Doris. I knew that they were my two brothers and sister, but how was it that my aunt was their mom? Took me years to realize that it was my dad's ex wife and that arbitrary title of "aunty" was used as a means to make the relationship more familial. It just pisses me off that there's going to be a similar confusion about who I am, and I'm her father.

Dawg

The only reason I bought it on PS3 is that there isn't a decent Vita version for a decent price. Twenty euro for a PSP game which pretty much never goes on sale is a bit steep.

A shame too, because I would've prefered to play Peace Walker on Vita in hindsight. Improved controls and 1080p/60fps are nice and all, but the entire game is designed/paced around being a handheld experience.

I feel you. Konami released MGS2 & MGS3 but they didn't port the biggest handheld to the current-gen handheld? Just seems bizarre. You'd think most people had missed Peace Walker and would want to play it on Vita.

I know tons of Metal Gear fans who never played PW because it was released on PSP.

That's really upsetting. Hopefully, it will get better :(

Skullface

I get ya. Well hopefully other trips will be better :) Sorry I don't have much advice since I'm not a dad.

It's all good dude. It was nice of you to ask. I haven't really been able to explain my feelings about the trip until just now, so I got it off my chest.

That's really upsetting. Hopefully, it will get better :(

I'm sure things will get better. It's just difficult at this particular moment. It was helpful to me just to post my feelings on the trip.

Rajang

That sounds awful.

mgs4_bigboss_hug.gif

How are you feeling now?

We're here for you.

Do you know something?

I saw what you did there. I saw you wearing my avatar for a moment!

He tricked me too. I thought you replied to me.

Bricky

I just don't make much money while I'm dealing with my personal issues. I get around €400 a month, €300 of that goes to my parents, €40 to therapists and stuff and with some luck, I have around €50 left.

I am not usually one for discussing personal stuff publicly on the internet, but I just wanted to say I am in a similair situation and feel like giving you a digital brohug right now.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom