• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primeau31

hey MetalGearGAF,

Figured I'd let everyone know that I'm livestreaming the Metal Gear series throughout the summer leading up until V (went through MGS1 last week), and I'm streaming Metal Gear Solid 2 tonight at 8PM EST if anyone was interested in a trip down memory lane:

www.twitch.tv/primeau31

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
This is too cute.

New images of the Nendoroid MGS2 Raiden figure, now in color

http://www.metalgearinformer.com/?p=20433

Nendoroid-MGS2-Raiden-Color-1.jpg

Nendoroid-MGS2-Raiden-Color-2.jpg

Nendoroid-MGS2-Raiden-Color-4.jpg

Nendoroid-MGS2-Raiden-Color-7.jpg

Nendoroid-MGS2-Raiden-Color-9.jpg

Nendoroid-MGS2-Raiden-Color-15.jpg

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
HOLY SHIT HYPE!

And Destructoid's E3 Game of the Show is...

All that stuff is indicative of what will surely make The Phantom Pain a great video game. Not only is it incredibly polished and detail dense, but it also has enough silly stuff to remind you that you're playing a game. There's plenty of weirdness to be found, and Kojima's tightly tethered it to the title's core mechanics.

As we finished our play sessions, it was tough for us to imagine a game that would be more deserving of Destructoid's Best of E3 award. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain just plays so damn wonderfully. In hindsight, Konami wasn't going out on a limb by letting us have at it at our own pace; it did exactly what any publisher would do if it had something this special on its hands.

Venom Fox

Banned
If this game doesn't win GOTY ill be very pissed.
It will though so I'm not worrying.

What's everyone's thoughts on the radio silence MGO? It hasn't been canned has it?
We had an embargo for this month but that went by without anything happening.

That and isn't everyone's contract up on Dec 1st at Kojipro?

Why does it even matter what game wins GOTY? Nobody is going to forget what games were great in any given year. I think they're more likely to forget which game actually won the award.

Venom Fox

Banned
Why does it even matter what game wins GOTY? Nobody is going to forget what games were great in any given year. I think they're more likely to forget which game actually won the award.
How do you come to that conclusion?
More people would vote for the GOTY award winner, they consciously made those votes for that GOTY and not any other game, which they wouldn't have been thinking of when they voted for their GOTY.
This means that, that game they voted for would have been their most loved game of that given year and subsequently would be ingrained into their mind as a much loved piece of entertainment.
The brain has a knack for remembering things that we are immensely fond of to remind us about those memories when we are down.

How do you come to that conclusion?
More people would vote for the GOTY award winner, they consciously made those votes for that GOTY and not any other game, which they wouldn't have been thinking of when they voted for their GOTY.
This means that, that game they voted for would have been their most loved game of that given year and subsequently would be ingrained into their mind as a much loved piece of entertainment.
The brain has a knack for remembering things that we are immensely fond of to remind us about those memories when we are down.
Do you mean the VGAS?

Venom Fox

Banned
Do you mean the VGAS?
Mostly, yes.
But there are many GOTY award shows and websites that hold their own awards as well.
Most of these awards are usually given to the same winning candidates anyway so the only ones I usually take as the ultimate GOTY awards are VGA, Golden joystick and more recently the Bafta's

Why? We're you going on about a different award?

Mostly, yes.
But there are many GOTY award shows and websites that hold their own awards as well.
Most of these awards are usually given to the same winning candidates anyway so the only ones I usually take as the ultimate GOTY awards are VGA, Golden joystick and more recently the Bafta's

Why? We're you going on about a different award?
No, I was assuming you meant the vgas. Just wanted to make sure.

But it was renamed last year , wasn't it? And it almost didn't happen, right? I don't believe the GOTY award is as important as you think. Didn't GTA V win in 2013 over The Last of Us? Has anyone forgotten about that game? No. Do you only remember one great game from every year? No.

Venom Fox

Banned
No, I was assuming you meant the vgas. Just wanted to make sure.

But it was renamed last year , wasn't it? And it almost didn't happen, right? I don't believe the GOTY award is as important as you think. Didn't GTA V win in 2013 over The Last of Us? Has anyone forgotten about that game? No. Do you only remember one great game from every year? No.
Yeah like I said I take those three into account when I vote.

You read my post wrong, you were trying to say the GOTY winner is more than likely to be forgotten.
I responded about why that isn't true, not the opposite.

Anyway what's your GOTY so far?

Yeah like I said I take those three into account when I vote.

You read my post wrong, you were trying to say the GOTY winner is more than likely to be forgotten.
I responded about why that isn't true, not the opposite.

Anyway what's your GOTY so far?
I didn't read your post wrong. I was saying that the game awards almost didn't exist last year and used the that to support my argument on why I think people put to much stock in the GOTY award.

My GOTY right now is Bloodborne.

Venom Fox

Banned
I didn't read your post wrong. I was saying that the game awards almost didn't exist last year and used the that to support my argument on why I think people put to much stock in the GOTY award.

My GOTY right now is Bloodborne.
Ah ok, I see we have crossed wires then :)

Yeah mines currently hanging in between Bloodbourne and The Witcher 3.

But I expect MGSV to blow it all away.

OK, this has definitely been discussed here before but I wanted to bring this back up. Now that we all know the kaz rescue mission comes directly after the hospital scene, I'm highly curious to know what Kojima's explanation for an atrophied man gaining all his strength back in no less than a few fucking days. I only speculate this given ocelots dialog which we can deduce was cut from the Cyprus rescue and pasted in the 2013 trailer during the sandstorm intro. " You'll have to join up with Miller, he's in Afghanistan." You're not gonna say that when you're already in said place. It just seems odd given the timeframe. I'm aware of the zaniness and suspension of disbelief but where do you draw the line when everyone praises you for including the little details.

Please, please, I beeseech you, resist the urge to respond with the "nano machines son" trend. I know its tempting because its easy. You're better than that.

Shy

OK, this has definitely been discussed here before but I wanted to bring this back up. Now that we all know the kaz rescue mission comes directly after the hospital scene, I'm highly curious to know what Kojima's explanation for an atrophied man gaining all his strength back in no less than a few fucking days
I believe someone said during the recent press thing, that the Kaz mission is a few months after.
I could be wrong though.

OK, this has definitely been discussed here before but I wanted to bring this back up. Now that we all know the kaz rescue mission comes directly after the hospital scene, I'm highly curious to know what Kojima's explanation for an atrophied man gaining all his strength back in no less than a few fucking days. I only speculate this given ocelots dialog which we can deduce was cut from the Cyprus rescue and pasted in the 2013 trailer during the sandstorm intro. " You'll have to join up with Miller, he's in Afghanistan." You're not gonna say that when you're already in said place. It just seems odd given the timeframe. I'm aware of the zaniness and suspension of disbelief but where do you draw the line when everyone praises you for including the little details.

Please, please, I beeseech you, resist the urge to respond with the "nano machines son" trend. I know its tempting because its easy. You're better than that.
We just accept that it doesn't make much sense.Lol

J.EM1

I believe someone said during the recent press thing, that the Kaz mission is a few months after.
I could be wrong though.
I heard this as well. There is some time between the hospital escape and Boss' initial return to combat. So he's had some months and copious amounts of NO-Xplode to gain back his strength. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom