• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindekuma

Banned
Member status approved!

Hell yes. Welcome aboard.

tumblr_nbt3rccepX1rd7c8go1_500.gif

Xiraiya

So I've been having some thoughts about what we know so far, the following is spoiler related so don't read if you really haven't seen some of this already.

We recently learned That you create/change/customize a face when starting the game, yet you apparently play as BB and his face seemed unchanged So I'm thinking this is actually to do with a certain other Keifer Sutherland voiced character we forgot about.

fyq2Kp.png

Ishmael, we saw him guiding Big Boss, he also talked differently to Snake, different tone and so on, he's been watching over BB for 9 years during the coma and was apparently someone Big Boss knew before.

So who is Ishmael?
First of all I feel like the face creation is to do with HIS face, not Big Boss's, given the whole bandaged face gimmick, I feel like this is the case, but why? He is apparently significant and nothing so far tells us who he might be, but he is connected to Big Boss somehow. Is he Gray Fox? I highly doubt it, if you can change his face then he probably won't be anyone still significant in later games, unless of course he is Decoy Octopus which does seem likely Decoy will be involved in TPP in some way.

But it sounds like he was an acquaintance before, so that sort of waters down the pool of people he could be, it's possible he is actually an older Chico, since he is no where to be seen and the Chico/Quiet theory logic works pretty well if you change Quiet for Ishmael, Chico looked up to BB and by now he would be a man, so how is he going to be important? Why would WE Get to decide his appearance?

It might just be a fun thing, or... Ishmael is going to end up being the "New" Raiden and we're not going to get to play as Big Boss as much as we thought, if at all, nothing is sacred until we boot TPP up ourselves when it's released.

So those are some of my thoughts.

realcZk

This is all very interesting,
I've been wondering more about Ishmael myself. Where was the face customization stuff discussed before? I missed all that.

The thing that really made me start wondering about this "other character" is the first MGSV trailer, where the camera is looking at BB and Kaz in the hospital as they are trying to resuscitate BB and Kaz points directly at the camera / "you" and says "What about him?". Wonder if that's connected to Ishmael somehow...

Betty

Banned

I still think Ishamel will be a figment of BB's imagination, an hallucination due to the shrapnel in his head.

The fact he isn't with you when you meet up with Ocelot makes me believe Ishamel doesn't exist.

As for the face creating thing, first I've heard about it so I can't really speculate.

Xiraiya

I really hope the TPP Chopper has better AI or a "Force to stay at LZ" command.

I get so fucking tired of Morpho coming to kill all the enemies I'm trying to tranq and getting it's self noticed, then I have to send it back to LZ before it fires on enemies and it stays there for a second before immediately coming back to try and shoot everything.
So it ends up being a situation of me trying to tranq everyone while in alert and constantly pulling up the iDroid to send Morpho back to LZ every 10 seconds.

It's really annoying, it's fine if you don't trigger alert, but sometimes accidents happen and I don't want to restart after spending 20 minutes extracting men.

This is all very interesting,
I've been wondering more about Ishmael myself. Where was the face customization stuff discussed before? I missed all that.
The thing that really made me start wondering about this "other character" is the first MGSV trailer, where the camera is looking at BB and Kaz in the hospital as they are trying to resuscitate BB and Kaz points directly at the camera / "you" and says "What about him?". Wonder if that's connected to Ishmael somehow...
I still think Ishamel will be a figment of BB's imagination, an hallucination due to the shrapnel in his head.
The fact he isn't with you when you meet up with Ocelot makes me believe Ishamel doesn't exist.
As for the face creating thing, first I've heard about it so I can't really speculate.
It was a leaked spoiler in another thread.

I really hope the TPP Chopper has better AI or a "Force to stay at LZ" command.

I get so fucking tired of Morpho coming to kill all the enemies I'm trying to tranq and getting it's self noticed, then I have to send it back to LZ before it fires on enemies and it stays there for a second before immediately coming back to try and shoot everything.
So it ends up being a situation of me trying to tranq everyone while in alert and constantly pulling up the iDroid to send Morpho back to LZ every 10 seconds.

It's really annoying, it's fine if you don't trigger alert, but sometimes accidents happen and I don't want to restart after spending 20 minutes extracting men.

It was a leaked spoiler in another thread.
this only happened to me when I felt like extracting every soldier. The chopper would stay at the LZ indefinitely and then come and shoot at enemies if I was spotted. Have you experienced this other times when you're not extracting 40 soldiers? Lol. Anyway, you won't have to worry about it in TPP. You'll be using Fulton.

So I've been having some thoughts about what we know so far, the following is spoiler related so don't read if you really haven't seen some of this already.

We recently learned That you create/change/customize a face when starting the game, yet you apparently play as BB and his face seemed unchanged So I'm thinking this is actually to do with a certain other Keifer Sutherland voiced character we forgot about.

fyq2Kp.png

Ishmael, we saw him guiding Big Boss, he also talked differently to Snake, different tone and so on, he's been watching over BB for 9 years during the coma and was apparently someone Big Boss knew before.

So who is Ishmael?
First of all I feel like the face creation is to do with HIS face, not Big Boss's, given the whole bandaged face gimmick, I feel like this is the case, but why? He is apparently significant and nothing so far tells us who he might be, but he is connected to Big Boss somehow. Is he Gray Fox? I highly doubt it, if you can change his face then he probably won't be anyone still significant in later games, unless of course he is Decoy Octopus which does seem likely Decoy will be involved in TPP in some way.

But it sounds like he was an acquaintance before, so that sort of waters down the pool of people he could be, it's possible he is actually an older Chico, since he is no where to be seen and the Chico/Quiet theory logic works pretty well if you change Quiet for Ishmael, Chico looked up to BB and by now he would be a man, so how is he going to be important? Why would WE Get to decide his appearance?

It might just be a fun thing, or... Ishmael is going to end up being the "New" Raiden and we're not going to get to play as Big Boss as much as we thought, if at all, nothing is sacred until we boot TPP up ourselves when it's released.

So those are some of my thoughts.

The problem with assuming it's Ishmael or for MGO3 is that if we go by exactly what Brazil said, the different face is referred to in cutscenes by characters talking to Big Boss. Otherwise this would be the most logical theory. The whole thing is bizarre, really.

Edit:
Then again, given both characters have the same voice and the first person perspective is used in the hospital cutscenes at times there could be some confusion there.

Kindekuma

Banned
The extra missions in Ground Zeroes are surprisingly fun!

Agreed! Different missions on the same base shows different ways of approaching an objective. GZ for example I just make a beeline to where Chico and Paz are. But for missions like Destroy the Anti Air Emplacements, I find myself taking so many detours and sometimes totally changing my gameplan all together mid mission.

@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN:
For those who hasn't played MGS series can also enjoy to depths as having the introduction to get emotionally involved to protagonist.

Of course for those played PW or GZ will have more reason to get revenge.

squadr0n

fyq2Kp.png

Where did this info come from and are we sure it's pertaining to that character for sure?

If so it's either the player that can be recruited for Mother base and/or MGO3. Obviously we won't know till the game is out but I would really like to see where this info came from.

mf.luder

This is still really bugging me and it just won't stop. Something with their eyes and looking like diamonds (colour resemblance). I followed the link to the headphones and looked around in the store and the one figure is just some random soldier.

When you click on him to look at various shots and stuff there's one that's up close to his face and it looks like you're able to change his eyes.

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/jp/goods/index.php5

Vally

This is still really bugging me and it just won't stop. Something with their eyes and looking like diamonds (colour resemblance). I followed the link to the headphones and looked around in the store and the one figure is just some random soldier.

When you click on him to look at various shots and stuff there's one that's up close to his face and it looks like you're able to change his eyes.

http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/jp/goods/index.php5

Yep I wonder what's up with those weird eyes
item_rm_ex002_pic4.jpg

hi metal gear community. new hear i think hideo kokimbo is a hack but i have to ax, have u played my 2013 game of the year the last of us and my 2014 game of the year the last of us with a better frame rate . these games r naughty GOD's finest and just prove as to why metal gear isnt worthy as a franchise. druckmann save us all

Vally

hi metal gear community. new hear i think hideo kokimbo is a hack but i have to ax, have u played my 2013 game of the year the last of us and my 2014 game of the year the last of us with a better frame rate . these games r naughty GOD's finest and just prove as to why metal gear isnt worthy as a franchise. druckmann save us all

yes m8 TLOU best game ever tbh, duckman da god. I don't know what kojimbles is thinking putting so much gameplay and buddys and based motehrs in his game, they're still movies amirite

yes m8 TLOU best game ever tbh, duckman da god. I don't know what kojimbles is thinking putting so much gameplay and buddys and based motehrs in his game, they're still movies amirite

truth bombs dropping in metal gear community gies lok out belough!!1! pls keep going , and maybe then oen day neil-kun will notice us.. metal gear is a made 4 utube production evrey tiem, but the last of us will be discussed at dinner tabels hundreds if not thousands of years from now
tldr - uncharted 2 will be remember more vived than the king lebron James bible

Ryan_MSF

Ayyyyyyyy lmao

i know the show. i don't recall the joke lol. but if its something with Danny De Vito, chances are i will find it funny.
Yeah. Danny Devito flushed his shoes down the toilet. He said it gives him a Feeling of control since everything around him is moving so fast. He's telling this to Charlie and says " It's a thing". Charlie responds by saying " that's not a thing".

Real Hero

Just stated playing through the series for the time, I even started with the MSX games. I just started reading the 'previously on' things that are on the mgs2 hd collection (not started it yet) and what the hell was that about the guy disguising himself as a tuna??? I wish that was an actual game in the series

Error1355

Just stated playing through the series for the time, I even started with the MSX games. I just started reading the 'previously on' things that are on the mgs2 hd collection (not started it yet) and what the hell was that about the guy disguising himself as a tuna??? I wish that was an actual game in the series

Man, I loved reading the entire In the Darkness of Shadow Moses book in MGS2.

<_<

brau

Yeah. Danny Devito flushed his shoes down the toilet. He said it gives him a Feeling of control since everything around him is moving so fast. He's telling this to Charlie and says " It's a thing". Charlie responds by saying " that's not a thing".

lol. that sounds about right haha. Frank and Charlie are gold.

Xiraiya

this only happened to me when I felt like extracting every soldier. The chopper would stay at the LZ indefinitely and then come and shoot at enemies if I was spotted. Have you experienced this other times when you're not extracting 40 soldiers? Lol. Anyway, you won't have to worry about it in TPP. You'll be using Fulton.

That's very true actually, but yes it's only when extracting soldiers.
I just hope there are a few more controls for the chopper is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom