• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldLogos

Banned
Hey guys the link to the 1975-1984 "What You Were Missing" playlist google doc is up. Quote this post to see it.

Lots of music to cover, so I think 3 picks per person is good. If anyone wants to change up the formatting on the doc, be my guest.

Also I don't think we need to be too specific about dates in order to keep things simple - "Out of Touch" released in October, and it's likely the game takes place in early 1984.

OldLogos

Banned
Could I please nominate Alphaville's "Forever Young"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGAVwQAmAHs

Released in 1984 and the lyrics fit really well with the themes of The Phantom Pain ;-)

Quote my previous post and add it to the doc yourself - i aint got time to be maintaining this shit.

Love Deterrence said:
Just put the top 50 anime intro themes in there and we are good to go.

I know hardly anything about anime, but wasn't this period when the medium was still sort of in its infancy?

Loakum

Banned
Nothing like playing Metal Gear Solid V Ground Zeroes with the songs "Elegia" "Nuclear" and "You're Not My Kind of People" saved on my USB drive, playing in the background.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
New info about the MGSV soundtrack.

2015-06-2922_03_32-jufwumr.png

https://twitter.com/JunkerHQnet/status/615610276789002240

Edit: Wait, looks like there is a different album coming out on the same day as the MGSV OST featuring vocal and cover tracks.

2015-06-2922_10_31-cdfvsqd.png

Interesting.

Just stated playing through the series for the time, I even started with the MSX games. I just started reading the 'previously on' things that are on the mgs2 hd collection (not started it yet) and what the hell was that about the guy disguising himself as a tuna??? I wish that was an actual game in the series
That's actually supposed to be a tall tale to counterbalance the true story of 'In The Darkness Of Shadow Moses'. It illustrates the Patriots control over MEMEs.

Does anybody know if it's possible to buy the US Limited Edition yet? FML for living in Argentina and missing all the preorders with international shipping. : /

Game or console?

The game might be sold out, and the console hasn't been announced (yet, hopefully) for the US.

Sorry i wasn't clear, yes i'm looking for the limited edition of the game. Thankfully i managed to preorder the guide but still looking for the game. Sadly the japanese version on Play Asia does'nt include the small arm. : /

Sorry i wasn't clear, yes i'm looking for the limited edition of the game. Thankfully i managed to preorder the guide but still looking for the game. Sadly the japanese version on Play Asia does'nt include the small arm. : /

I think the limited edition was actually "limited" this time. I talked to a guy at Gamestop last month and he said it sold out within hours of going up on the site.

You might be out of luck. :(

Finished it yesterday. Wow, what a game.
jfEqMId.jpg

Sneaking through a battlefield undetected? Check!
Diarhea/farting jokes? Check!
Fighting robots? Check!
Cyber ninja badass fighting a vampire? Check!
Epicness over 8000? Check!
A beautifull ending of the series.

Now on my way to watch PW* on YT and max out GZ.

*I want to take a break from MGS till TPP and anticipate while playing some PS2 games.

That's a really nice drawing :)

PW is good, but it would take me too long to finish it and since I played 1-2-3-4 in a row I'm starting to feeling tired.
I'll make many MGS marathons in the future for sure.

Shy

Words don't really do it justice, it feels incredible. It looks better than the jacket it's based off of. I can't wear it for a few months though, I live in Las Vegas and it's been 105F-110F lately. Gotta wait until it cools down, maybe around September 1st if I'm lucky haha!
Damm Mango, you're one dashing motherfucker. you make a brother feel really insecure about his looks.

Hypron

After about ~60 hours of gameplay, I finally got this at 2am this morning :D

1435656480-metal-gear-solid-4-platinum.png

4 down, only 1 to go! And I've got more than 60 days left before The Phantom Pain, so it should definitely be doable. Having to finish the game 8 times for that Platinum was a bit tedious (especially since I did all the interesting playthroughs at the beginning and then had to just play through the game 5 more times to get various combination of alterts/continues/kills).

Thankfully I really loved the game though, so I still had fun the whole way through. I completely acknowledge it's not perfect: some of the story bits are pretty damn stupid like most of the rat patrol team stuff and the Otacon/Naomi love story — although the latter was absolutely hilarious. The interactions between them were how you would expect teenagers to act in a bad anime. The campaign structure is a bit odd too: it might have been better to spread the open chapters instead of having them right at the beginning before switching to a more linear approach later on.

But overall it's great. It's just a lot of fun to play, you've got tons of tools to play around with and I really like playing around with the octo-camo. I also appreciate the fact that the pace of the gameplay is closer to MGS2's rather than MGS3's slower pace.

The story can get pretty emotional at times too, especially towards the end. I ended up feeling really bad for Snake. Poor guy :( After all the shit he's been through by the end of that game there's no question he deserves his legendary reputation. I knew of the line "Snake... had a hard life. He needs some time to rest." before playing the game but hearing it in context still (almost) made me tear up. Something else that really got to me too was the look of utter sadness on his face after Ocelot's death...

And speaking of Ocelot, the whole final fight against him on top of Arsenal Gear is just perfect. The cutscene before the fight, the fight itself with the music changing along with Liquid/Ocelot's fighting style as it progresses, the setting of the fight, the conclusion... Damn that was great. Even after playing through it 9 times I still had a blast.

So... Now, onto Peace Walker. I'm not too sure what to expect from a remaster of a PSP game but hopefully it's good!

Words don't really do it justice, it feels incredible. It looks better than the jacket it's based off of. I can't wear it for a few months though, I live in Las Vegas and it's been 105F-110F lately. Gotta wait until it cools down, maybe around September 1st if I'm lucky haha!

Open the door, get on the floor. Everybody walk the dinosaur.

Rajang

Finished it yesterday. Wow, what a game.
jfEqMId.jpg

Sneaking through a battlefield undetected? Check!
Diarhea/farting jokes? Check!
Fighting robots? Check!
Cyber ninja badass fighting a vampire? Check!
Epicness over 8000? Check!
A beautifull ending of the series.

Now on my way to watch PW* on YT and max out GZ.

*I want to take a break from MGS till TPP and anticipate while playing some PS2 games.

kermit.jpg

smh

4 down, only 1 to go! And I've got more than 60 days left before The Phantom Pain, so it should definitely be doable. Having to finish the game 8 times for that Platinum was a bit tedious (especially since I did all the interesting playthroughs at the beginning and then had to just play through the game 5 more times to get various combination of alterts/continues/kills).

Thankfully I really loved the game though, so I still had fun the whole way through. I completely acknowledge it's not perfect: some of the story bits are pretty damn stupid like most of the rat patrol team stuff and the Otacon/Naomi love story — although the latter was absolutely hilarious. The interactions between them were how you would expect teenagers to act in a bad anime. The campaign structure is a bit odd too: it might have been better to spread the open chapters instead of having them right at the beginning before switching to a more linear approach later on.

But overall it's great. It's just a lot of fun to play, you've got tons of tools to play around with and I really like playing around with the octo-camo. I also appreciate the fact that the pace of the gameplay is closer to MGS2's rather than MGS3's slower pace.

The story can get pretty emotional at times too, especially towards the end. I ended up feeling really bad for Snake. Poor guy :( After all the shit he's been through by the end of that game there's no question he deserves his legendary reputation. I knew of the line "Snake... had a hard life. He needs some time to rest." before playing the game but hearing it in context still (almost) made me tear up. Something else that really got to me too was the look of utter sadness on his face after Ocelot's death...

And speaking of Ocelot, the whole final fight against him on top of Arsenal Gear is just perfect. The cutscene before the fight, the fight itself with the music changing along with Liquid/Ocelot's fighting style as it progresses, the setting of the fight, the conclusion... Damn that was great. Even after playing through it 9 times I still had a blast.

So... Now, onto Peace Walker. I'm not too sure what to expect from a remaster of a PSP game but hopefully it's good!

Glad you enjoyed it.

Can't wait to read your PW impressions.

Yen

Having originally played GZ on 360, I redownloaded it on PS+. I'm wondering if I let my PS+ subscription lapse over the next couple of months, would I still be able to reap the benefits of the whole 'save file transferring over, get bonuses in TPP' thing?

MrS

Banned

Crazy! Having to complete it 8 times for the plat is mental. I rebought it on PSN last night for like £6.50 so will play through it again before TPP comes out. Not sure I'll go for the plat though.

Anybody got a JPEG of the red V?

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Boss,

Why have you given up on Team A? I dont see you as enthusiastic about it compared to before. BRING ON THE FIRE!

n6d5fsfz8su2.png

I would never give up, as i said in this post: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169641482&postcount=7119

I will go down with this ship.

I don't need to post every day "TEAM A, TEAM A TEAM A!!!!!!!" to believe in it ;)

If it happens good if not hell the world won't end. I rather be in a risky team like Team A then in the safest thing ever Team B because everyone knew from the beginning Solid Snake will be in the game so yeah...

realcZk

rip dawg

we'll build diamonds from your ashes

we'll take you into battle with us, a shining light to our brothers in arms, even in death, we are Diamond Dawgs.

0YLTE91.png

Kindekuma

Banned
Think it's time that OuterGAF prepare a 1980's helicopter soundtrack for when the game releases? It'd be cool if we'd all contribute a song for the era, it could be pretty cool. Something on a Google Doc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom