• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

DieH@rd

Banned
I feel like we might not get any boss battles, or rather, they'll be pretty sparse.

There are those weird soldiers [both male and female], Volgin-like dude, Mantis-like child, Skullface, obligatory Metal Gear fight and who knows what else.

I think game will be fine on bossfight front.

448743.jpg

♫ Love, love will tear us apart ♫

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like we might not get any boss battles, or rather, they'll be pretty sparse.

No way. Kojima in his first open world game (something he's been trying to make since MGS3) will surely have concocted some truly fiendish plans for boss battles. I mean
we've had Quiet confirmed as a boss battle. We've also got The Skulls acting as The FROGS/Tengu/Ocelot Unit (which I've always considered boss battles of sorts).

I'm pretty glad they've kept quiet about it.

Furyous

Is it safe to say it's a good thing TPP didn't launch in March?

*expresses 'Scust at that ad campaign*

Who let that get through focus testing?

No way. Kojima in his first open world game (something he's been trying to make since MGS3) will surely have concocted some truly fiendish plans for boss battles. I mean
we've had Quiet confirmed as a boss battle. We've also got The Skulls acting as The FROGS/Tengu/Ocelot Unit (which I've always considered boss battles of sorts).

I'm pretty glad they've kept quiet about it.

He's definitely hinted that some are optional though, and it sounds like you can
choose to flee the bald dudes on both occasions
It could be that there's only a few bosses that are totally mandatory.

Mifec

He's definitely hinted that some are optional though, and it sounds like you can
choose to flee the bald dudes on both occasions
It could be that there's only a few bosses that are totally mandatory.
Pretty sure he said
that they were immortal when he faced them.

"We're not burying them at sea. What then?"
"We'll make diamonds from their ashes. Leave them on our scaffolding."

Two weeks, although due to my Best Buy pre-order, I'll most likely have to wait an extra day to dig into it. And even then I'm starting a new job and flying on the weekend to a wedding.

So much to delve in to, and Afghanistan is a big place.

OldLogos

Banned
Brothers, might need a little help or advice. Lost my job early this month and have been doing the damn freelance thing, but money is real tight right now. Since they moved the PC version to Sept. 1st - and I mostly game on PC - I pre-ordered TPP on Steam. Now I've got this pre-order for the US PS4 CE on Amazon that feels like it's burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm planning on doing most of my playing on PC cause its gon be purdier, but I'm pretty sure I still want a PS4 copy to play MGO with the rest of ya'll. I don't care for anything in the CE other than the baby arm (BtS doc and the artbook will be posted online in >24hrs I assume, and all the cosmetic stuff is just filler to me) and right now I'm torn between just straight up cancelling it and getting a digital copy come MGO, or trying to resell the CE without the baby arm.

So, anybody out there that wants a US PS4 CE without a baby arm for around.... 80 dollars plus shipping? If not im going to, sadly, cancel it :/

P.S. I just realized this may be against the ToS here. Don't wanna get banned right before TPP drops so if anyone knows if this is against GAF rules holler quick.

Vally

Brau is the man

MEnvU7u.gif

Brothers, might need a little help or advice. Lost my job early this month and have been doing the damn freelance thing, but money is real tight right now. Since they moved the PC version to Sept. 1st - and I mostly game on PC - I pre-ordered TPP on Steam. Now I've got this pre-order for the US PS4 CE on Amazon that feels like it's burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm planning on doing most of my playing on PC cause its gon be purdier, but I'm pretty sure I still want a PS4 copy to play MGO with the rest of ya'll. I don't care for anything in the CE other than the baby arm (BtS doc and the artbook will be posted online in >24hrs I assume, and all the cosmetic stuff is just filler to me) and right now I'm torn between just straight up cancelling it and getting a digital copy come MGO, or trying to resell the CE without the baby arm.

So, anybody out there that wants a US PS4 CE without a baby arm for around.... 80 dollars plus shipping? If not im going to, sadly, cancel it :/

P.S. I just realized this may be against the ToS here. Don't wanna get banned right before TPP drops so if anyone knows if this is against GAF rules holler quick.

I don't think it's against the ToS, don't worry. Anyway you could also try posting in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread

I'm still hoping that Kojima and Konami "kiss and make up". In an ideal world Konami would give Kojima the metal gear rights so that he could start a new studio that would take over development.

Even if Kojima and Konami make up, I think Kojima is done with metal gear at this point. That's why he's tying all the loose ends he thinks need tying with TPP. He could take up new projects, maybe a spiritual successor to Policenauts or Snatcher! Or even a proper
Movie.

Though yeah he should get the rights to Metal Gear so no one else can fuck it up. :(

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
whoever designed that marketing campaign deserves to be demoted to janitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom