• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

brau

Everything is better when i get to see this picture once in a while.

image.php

13 days. Piece of cake :D

Look at this post. This is proof that I was once a a poster. I gave up my mind and my words for my community thread. There is nothing left inside me now. Nothing at all. No hatred, not even regret. And yet sometimes at night I can still feel the pain creeping up inside me. Slithering through my body, like a snake.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
imagine waiting until 1am at gamestop for MGSV, your gf asks you why it is so important. You just look her in the eye and say, dead serious, "It's More Gear"

NoFoX

If you guys gonna buy MGSV: TPP via G2A, get it asap.

"Warning! This product is region locked and CAN'T be activated and played in Japan.
Preorders purchased after 19.08.2015 will be delivered to 15.09.2015. We are sorry for inconvenience."

Honestly i dunno if that's a standard message to sell more keys :/

Kindekuma

Banned
Everything is better when i get to see this picture once in a while.

image.php

13 days. Piece of cake :D

Look at this post. This is proof that I was once a a poster. I gave up my mind and my words for my community thread. There is nothing left inside me now. Nothing at all. No hatred, not even regret. And yet sometimes at night I can still feel the pain creeping up inside me. Slithering through my body, like a snake.

The mods rejected Batzi, and banned him. Now we're the ones being tested, and the whole OT is out to get us. Assemble the members.

V3n0m Sn4k3 is a Batzi and Sn4ke alt account.
Just joking dude, I don't think ive seen you post on here until very recently. Welcome.
Unless you really are a Sn4ke alt

That made me laugh haha! And yeah I'm a recent newcomer! I made an account back when college started. I always wanted an account but then college was really busy and all that for me so I wasn't able to post much.

Due to my anticipation for the release of MGSV and it getting so close to release, I want to enjoy it alongside all of you. I'm not an alt of anyone though, I promise that. :p

Johnjamin

Neo Member
Ok, so given that this game has been a long time coming and having had our grubby mitts on GZ as a taster to how TPP is gonna feel and play, I couldn't stop finding myself planning what I'm gonna be researching and the weapons I'm most interested in acquiring first for the way I like to play.

So for me I want a silenced sniper rifle tranq or not tranq just something with stopping power and a badass scope with DD (anyone else always think of dexters lab when suthersnake says "DD" ??? ) scouting out the bases/targets waiting patiently, getting guard patterns down and picking them off before cleaning up.

How about you OuterGAF preferred play style for TPP? What's your research goals just from initial vids or past game experience? Things you'd like to see?

Johnjamin

Neo Member
I'm creatively and technically inept so all I could think up was countdown avatars. :/ Ya'll have any ideas?

How about per day a nominated person could do a mini hype post including the number of days left in whatever creative form they deem necessary and some just general things about why they're hyped for it be it trailers cool art or personal anticipation? Like the way OT are setup but on a much smaller scale?

brau

How about per day a nominated person could do a mini hype post including the number of days left in whatever creative form they deem necessary and some just general things about why they're hyped for it be it trailers cool art or personal anticipation? Like the way OT are setup but on a much smaller scale?

Sounds creative. I support this.

Tcab96

Ok, so given that this game has been a long time coming and having had our grubby mitts on GZ as a taster to how TPP is gonna feel and play, I couldn't stop finding myself planning what I'm gonna be researching and the weapons I'm most interested in acquiring first for the way I like to play.

So for me I want a silenced sniper rifle tranq or not tranq just something with stopping power and a badass scope with DD (anyone else always think of dexters lab when suthersnake says "DD" ??? ) scouting out the bases/targets waiting patiently, getting guard patterns down and picking them off before cleaning up.

How about you OuterGAF preferred play style for TPP? What's your research goals just from initial vids or past game experience? Things you'd like to see?

Definitely a sniper rifle with better tranqs. I love being a sniper in games. Also probably fultons that can carry life heavier objects.

I don't even know what else. There seems to be so much. I'm so excited for what I can upgrade to use in the field. I love upgrading and creating more equipment.

Kindekuma

Banned

I can get aboard this idea.

Vally

I'm creatively and technically inept so all I could think up was countdown avatars. :/ Ya'll have any ideas?

Something like this maybe?

oJl7WqD.png

With a different picture for each day, which could be highlights of the development of MGSV or something (this one for example was the first photo that came out, when it was still Project Ogre). And then a mini hype post as Johnjamin says. I don't know, just throwing ideas out there :D

I'd love to join in on this if possible.

MajorTom

we could have a vote on the 10 (or 9 depending on which we choose) best moments in the Metal Gear series.
Each day make a thread (or a new post within a countdown thread) describing the moment and why it's so great.
I'm sure someone could come up with a better idea though.
EDIT - People have come up with better ideas lol

Embearded

oJl7WqD.png

With a different picture for each day, which could be highlights of the development of MGSV or something (this one for example was the first photo that came out, when it was still Project Ogre). And then a mini hype post as Johnjamin says. I don't know, just throwing ideas out there :D

Perfect!

MajorTom

oJl7WqD.png

Similar to YongYea ;)

oJl7WqD.png

Perfect. Yes, this. Also Johnjamin, welcome!

Spaghetti

speaking of which, could someone post those super early project ogre shots? it'd be nice to see how far the game has come.

it's also super nuts kojima just tweeted that stuff out like nothing.

Shy

Research all the non-lethal weapons and go full stealth, doing as many of the side quests as i can without going back too much during my first playthourgh.
I will also be going back to motherbase after mission to talk to everyone as well as building it up as much as i can.

oJl7WqD.png
Like a boss Vally.

Spaghetti

Fox Engine.

and a really bad quality img from IGN.
thanks

obviously the game looks better now, but it looks pretty cool there too. fox engine a beast.

i wonder when it was decided that big boss would lose his arm? unless that one image was flipped by kojima.

brau

Always got my back, Brau :)

Always :D thats what friends are for.

thanks

obviously the game looks better now, but it looks pretty cool there too. fox engine a beast.

i wonder when it was decided that big boss would lose his arm? unless that one image was flipped by kojima.

FOX engine is indeed amazing. Level of quality, and the amount of iteration you can do on several skus and make it look that awesome. is no easy feat. Too bad Kojima is leaving it behind. I was looking forward to Silent Hills on Fox Engine.

Spaghetti

FOX engine is indeed amazing. Level of quality, and the amount of iteration you can do on several skus and make it look that awesome. is no easy feat. Too bad Kojima is leaving it behind. I was looking forward to Silent Hills on Fox Engine.
coming soon to a pachinko machine near you

I could look at her all 24x7.

oJl7WqD.png

we could have a vote on the 10 (or 9 depending on which we choose) best moments in the Metal Gear series.
Each day make a thread (or a new post within a countdown thread) describing the moment and why it's so great.
I'm sure someone could come up with a better idea though.
EDIT - People have come up with better ideas lol

All of these ideas are creative and cool by me honestly.

Not to shit on any ideas but maybe we could countdown with a Metal Gear game per day, starting with MG1 and ending with GZ?

And so is this.

We could just do it all. Post a day's countdown image(which can be anything from the first teases like the Project Ogre/Ground Zeroes/Moby Dick/Joakim Mogren stuff) and just talk about the Metal Gear game they played
/watched
for that specific day. And in the off time we could discuss where we were and how things were like when a specific image/info about Project Ogre was teased.

Celebrate the final days of the countdown with our Metal Gear memories how we see fit, we're an army without borders after all. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom