• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
I just realized that Phantom Pain will be the first Metal Gear game I play Day 1. Whoa.

Me too. I was already a fan when MGS4 and Peace Walker both hit, but I didn't have a PSP or PS3 at the time. At least I got to experience the carnival of stupid live one time.

I just realized that Phantom Pain will be the first Metal Gear game I play Day 1. Whoa.

I played MGS3/PW day one because I had the consoles when they released. MGS1 I was only 3 years old so I didnt know any better. For MGS2 I had to wait a bit after release until I could buy a PS2. Same story with MGS4.

Bought a PC copy of TPP instead of preordering FALLOUT 4.

I feel crazy for owning two copies of the same game but I did the same thing for Bloodborne and that worked out well.

Isn't that just MGS4 EVA?

Big Mama creeps me out just as much

Kojima's worst nightmare

In a way, it's a good thing he's getting out of there. :]

lol... i'll do this in a min. haha

Welp. Time for Nightmares.

My dad has noticed my mega hype for MGSV so he purchased me a diamond dogs keychain and shirt. Can't get any happier right now.
Aha that is awesome. Your dad is pretty cool.
tumblr_mw4a06I7sL1t12839o1_400.gif

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
1. Why is the MGS Community divided now? Some are here while some have taken the Gamescon thread as a new community. Is this Outer Heaven while they are the Patriots?

2. Knowing Egoraptor's taste in game design he must be creaming himself.

1. Why is the MGS Community divided now? Some are here while some have taken the Gamescon thread as a new community. Is this Outer Heaven while they are the Patriots?

1. MGS community too fickle

2. He looooves MGS (especially GZ)

Loakum

Banned

1) A mixture of crushed egos and stir crazy. My opinion, this shouldn't be happening. A petty argument shouldn't rise to the level of dividing an community. This is my feelings on the matter, and I stand by it!

pahamrick

Me too. I was already a fan when MGS4 and Peace Walker both hit, but I didn't have a PSP or PS3 at the time. At least I got to experience the carnival of stupid live one time.

Huh. Same.

I played MGS3/PW day one because I had the consoles when they released. MGS1 I was only 3 years old so I didnt know any better. For MGS2 I had to wait a bit after release until I could buy a PS2. Same story with MGS4.

Damn, same here. I couldn't get a PS3 in time for MGS4's launch and I can't remember if I got PW day 1. I got GZ on the day of the PC release, I guess that might count.
Random story time.

I played the original Metal Gear on NES when I was like 7, traded my sister's boyfriend my copy of Mega Man II for it since I got tired of it. Its not what hooked me though, I don't think I ever beat it.

MGS1 hooked me, and it was a complete fluke how I got it. I had gotten a N64 for Christmas 1996 (I feel so old now.). My birthday falls 20 days after Christmas, so a lot of times I could ask for something big and it would be a combination present.

Meanwhile, my best friend ended up getting a PlayStation. It worked out well enough, there hadn't been any PS1 games that made me regret not having it, because my friends and I were constantly playing Goldeneye or Smash Bros or something on my N64. Meanwhile 1998 rolls around and I get to try out Final Fantasy VII and Resident Evil 2 on my best friend's PS1.

So I figure, that's it. I'm going to ask for a PS1 with FF7 and RE2 as my Christmas and Birthday gifts. I got the usual keep my grades up, do my chores ect (If I asked for something big, I didn't tend to get any allowance from Aug - Jan but still needed to do my chores.) Christmas morning rolls around, and I got the PS1 with the Dualshock, and FF7, RE2, as well as Xenogears and Metal Gear Solid. Seems when my mom went to the local video game place (Babbages) she asked the clerk for some suggestions because she wanted to have 2 games from her and 2 from my Dad. He suggested Xenogears because of FF7, and MGS because it was the new hot thing.

MGS was the first game I tried, just to see what it was. I think I played through it 5 or 6 times before I even touched the other games. Good memories.

As for MGS2, I got the Xbox port not long after it was released as the first console I bought myself was the Xbox instead of the PS2, that Halo hype you know. I did end up getting a PS3 around the time MGS3 subsistance launched since it became clear there wasn't going to be an Xbox port. I did try the demo of Peace Walker, but my PSP died by the time the full game came out and I didn't get a PS3 and MGS4 until 2011, so I ended up getting the HD collection and playing Peace Walker then.

1) A mixture of crushed egos and stir crazy. My opinion, this shouldn't be happening. A petty argument shouldn't rise to the level of dividing an community. This is my feelings on the matter, and I stand by it!

Though I have no idea what happened, I hope things get resolved before release. :[

Kindekuma

Banned

Egoraptor loves MGS, he must be hyped as fuck.

MajorTom

What actually happened?
I've not been as active here in the last month so I feel like I've missed a lot.

eschiver

Don't worry, once the OT thread is made, enemy and friend will all be fultoned by the mods into the OT thread. The mods shall unite us once again!

Shy

How did he behave like a child? I wasn't lurking around here when that happened.
When people started pointing out their legitimate criticisms of Youngyea, he started throwing out personal insults and generally being horrible, then he tried to spin it as if he was the victim and left.

MajorTom

When people started pointing out their legitimate criticisms of Youngyea, he started throwing out personal insults and generally being horrible, then he tried to spin it as if he was the victim and left.
Oh wait maybe I didn't miss that. I didn't realise it escalated though :/

It will work out once the game is released. When the official thread for MGSV TPP is posted.

I hope you're right. We're brothers after all, minor differences shouldn't keep the community split for too long.

anybody in here playing Volume to get their mgs fix?

I'm playing Ground Zeroes for my MGS fix. :p
Only played through it once on a friend's PC to get a taste and now finally trying to 100% it on PS4. Found all the patches and unlocked all the missions, time to get all the tapes and S rank everything.

Opto

Banned
My experience with the series started with MGS2, but only because someone brought it to a sleepover. WE just experienced the Tanker level before going on to do something, but at the time I thought it was just a stealth sim like Splinter Cell. Years later I bought MGS1: Twin Snakes for gamecube because hey why not? Really enjoyed it. Then I rented MGS3, beat it, even though I wanted bosses like MGS1 had, it was still obviously the better game.

Then at some point I bought MGS2 just to complete the collection and try to understand its hype. I never had a PS3 so I never played MGS4. I watched that on YouTube, because I could never justify buying a PS3 just for one game (I had a 360).

Then at some point in 2014 I got the HD collection because I figured I'd want a copy of MGS3 to actually own and to prep for MGSV. Bought a PS4 this past January, immediately bought GZ, and now I have a Day One preorder for TPP.

I'm actually going to a freaking midnight launch event, something I've never done. Closest thing I've done something like that was when I got up super early to get a Harry Potter book from the bookstore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom