• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm actually going to a freaking midnight launch event, something I've never done. Closest thing I've done something like that was when I got up super early to get a Harry Potter book from the bookstore.

Nice! I went to pick up a copy of Ground Zeroes when it launched at midnight in retail, that was a lot of fun!

Brothers, might need a little help or advice. Lost my job early this month and have been doing the damn freelance thing, but money is real tight right now. Since they moved the PC version to Sept. 1st - and I mostly game on PC - I pre-ordered TPP on Steam. Now I've got this pre-order for the US PS4 CE on Amazon that feels like it's burning a hole in my pocket.

I'm planning on doing most of my playing on PC cause its gon be purdier, but I'm pretty sure I still want a PS4 copy to play MGO with the rest of ya'll. I don't care for anything in the CE other than the baby arm (BtS doc and the artbook will be posted online in >24hrs I assume, and all the cosmetic stuff is just filler to me) and right now I'm torn between just straight up cancelling it and getting a digital copy come MGO, or trying to resell the CE without the baby arm.

So, anybody out there that wants a US PS4 CE without a baby arm for around.... 80 dollars plus shipping? If not im going to, sadly, cancel it :/

P.S. I just realized this may be against the ToS here. Don't wanna get banned right before TPP drops so if anyone knows if this is against GAF rules holler quick.
Damn dude, if it wasn't for the regional difference,
I definitely would help you out with that.

Opto

Banned
Nice! I went to pick up a copy of Ground Zeroes when it launched at midnight in retail, that was a lot of fun!
I almost stopped at a army surplus depot to see if I could get any kind of cosplay stuff but I figured my Musterbrand MGS bag will suffice. I don't do the con circuit so it wouldn't be practical, no matter how awesome it might be.

Opto

Banned
I'll just get it home and install it and try to catch some sleep. I'll likely have work Sept 1 (I'm working a contract, which lends itself to downtime, but work is actually starting to pick up around then) so thats going to be a painful 8 hrs.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
People like Shy are the reason why i'm not coming back. Oh sorry was that too rude?
bigbosssmudge61kq0edr1d.png

Have a nice day MGS-GAF :)

Drencrom

Sn4ke behaved like a petluent child, and when he got called on it, he spat out his dummy and stormed off.

When people started pointing out their legitimate criticisms of Youngyea, he started throwing out personal insults and generally being horrible, then he tried to spin it as if he was the victim and left.

Sad to hear that, not surprised tho.

I haven't really been a part of MGS-GAF (even tho I love the series to death), but why did people split up because of him leaving the community thread?

Edit: oh man, this is some internet drama lol

J.EM1

I'm actually going to a freaking midnight launch event, something I've never done. Closest thing I've done something like that was when I got up super early to get a Harry Potter book from the bookstore.
My first, last, and only midnight launch event was for MGS4. Planned it out with a co-worker and we both headed straight to Best Buy that night after a long day at work. Totally worth it! Got some extra goodies too. But I don't think I'll can do it again. lol /adultpriorities :(

Kindekuma

Banned
For those importing a Japanese CE, I went on the website I ordered it from (FROMJapan) and the shipping costs for the CE to the US with EMS Shipping (~1 week) will cost around $35USD/~4011Yen. So those worrying about shipping costs, it really shouldn't be that bad.

Sn4ke_911

Sad to hear that, not surprised tho.

I haven't really been a part of MGS-GAF (even tho I love the series to death), but why did people split up because of him leaving the community thread?

Last thing i will say, there are always two sides to a story, you shouldn't believe everything you read.

@Shy if you keep talking shit behind my back i'll report you to a mod, not the first time i see you doing this.

Kindekuma

Banned
Last thing i will say, there are always two sides to a story, you shouldn't believe everything you read.

@Shy if you keep talking shit behind my back i'll report you to a mod, not the first time i see you doing this.

The wait and hype is getting to us all. Let's not do this. Sounds fair?

Drencrom

I'd definitely like to hear your side of the story and/or the posts that started this whole conflict.

Shy

I'm not talking about you behind your back though Sn4ke. how do you think i am. ?
You can freely read anything i say about you, it's all right out there in the open, so how is that behind your back. ?

And please feel free to pm a mod if you wish.

Kindekuma

Banned
I'm not talking about you behind your back though Sn4ke. how do you think i am. ?
You can freely read anything i say about you, it's all right out there in the open, so how is that behind your back. ?

And please feel free to pm a mod if you wish.

Retaliation breeds Retaliation.

Pain for Pain.

Guys. Things happened, things will continue to happen in the future. Remember the good parts at least and don't let the bad ones get to you. Life
and the wait for TPP
is too short to let the past make even more bad memories.

oh believe me, i'm playing that too. i got 100% a long time ago. at this point i'm just spinning my wheels doing weird ghost runs

I love the freedom the game gives you to do such odd runs. The most freedom of movement I've seen since the souls games.

brau

Please take this to PM and talk it out like responsible adults.

I agree that its regrettable when people criticize behind someones back. So if someone ask about why someone did what. please take it to PM. It is rude.

Sn4ke... i understand where you are coming from, but this is not the right way to address this.

Someone here needs to start taking responsibility by being better and showing a good example.

I am not saying i am on one side or the other. I love you two guys.

Personally i miss sn4ke. and i enjoy shy's company in the thread. Lets leave it at that, and hope we can all hangout again.

Alright... lets move it people... on to something better.we don't want Vallys work locked early.

Sn4ke_911

Stop fighting . We don't want the community thread to get locked.

That's why i'm out again. Love Deterrence shoots so low it's not even worth doing anything about it, using other chats just because he's out of arguments and don't know how else to defend him.

Sorry for the people who liked my posts but i can't deal with this anymore. I'll see you guys on the gaming side where people aren't as toxic as in here.

Drencrom

I'm sorry to say this, but this is some juvenile Internet drama.

Can't you guys just pm and get things over with or just ignore each other if you dislike each other so much? There's really no need for all this bickering.

NeoGiff

This is why I left the old community thread soon after entering it.

Childish, schoolyard antics that are quite frankly embarrassing to be associated with. Sn4ke, from reading your posts, you seem to have a lot of pent-up anger. I hope you get any help you may or may not need.

Bye, guys. See you all in the OP in a few weeks.

Sn4ke_911

This is why I left the old community thread soon after entering it.

Childish, schoolyard antics that are quite frankly embarrassing to be associated with. Sn4ke, from reading your posts, you seem to have a lot of pent-up anger. I hope you get any help you may or may not need.

Bye, guys. See you all in the OP in a few weeks.

Yeah i hope you get help too, not even knowing why a really interesting thread got locked but all you can do is point fingers at me, like most people in here.

Maybe i should star posting some angry PM's i got from some people here so people like you would see their side too but you know what? i won't shoot that low, would never go that far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom