• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Community Thread |OT3| The Best is Yet to Come

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring on that MGS1 voice cast in Grandia II. Seriously.

Cam Clarke — Ryudo/Father Carius/Risotto
Jennifer Hale — Elena/Paella
Jodi Benson — Millenia/Reena
Peter Lurie — Mareg/Gatta/Brother 2
B.J. Ward — Roan/Elmo
Kim Mai Guest — Tio/Selene/Client's Daughter
Paul Eiding — Skye/Oro/Carpaccio/Brother 3
John Cygan — Melfice/Client/Brother 1
Richard Doyle — Zera/Gonzola/Village Chief

Mexen

Wow. I wonder how much of the percentage is made up of challenges and side missions.

I hear just GZ alone has a lot of content. Let's not forget PW. Now this is a full fledged MGS title. Goddamnit, exciting times.

matrixexcitingtimes.gif

raven777

CE0kWumWgAAZnxM.jpg:orig

Rajang

@caleblawson 5m
7 hours put me only 10 episodes into Chapter 1 of MGSV while forcing myself to basically ignore Mother Base. So much to do.

@caleblawson 8m
Played about 7 hours of MGSV yesterday and it feels like the giant, open map Peace Walker sequel we've been promised.

Daayuumn

Mexen

She's fine in snake eater but not in mgs4.

Yeah, I feel like her part was rushed and she was added simply because Kojima said that would be last game etc... BM didn't really do much for me. I liked EVA enough to want to see her make some sort of appearance in TPP.

Rajang

What the hell is going on at Konami. Hope no one's getting fired over this.
It's like happening all at once. I need to sit down.

I remember the MGO guys saying on Twitter there would be more info in May...

They weren't lying. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

Mexen

Never played MGO before. What user names show on screen? How will I know it's you guys?

Older GAF vs Young GAF...

Is MGO how we'll decide |OT| creators? Find out on the next hype train. Coming soon.

Rajang

Never played MGO before. What user names show on screen? How will I know it's you guys?

Older GAF vs Young GAF...

Is MGO how we'll decide |OT| creators? Find out on the next hype train. Coming soon.

I think it's going to be very different from MGO2 which had that horrible Konami login account nonsense. We'll just have to wait and find out. I'm sure it will be easy to invite your friends on PSN or Xbox Live to a party.

Mexen

Has a fantasy MGO ever been tried out? How would it work? Lol

I remember the MGO guys saying on Twitter there would be more info in May...

They weren't lying. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡ °)

God bless the
whopper
team.

Houndi101

"So, yeah. Konami's currently holding a press event in LA where journalists are playing the latest Metal Gear Solid V build.

Embargo date for campaign stuff will be lifted on 6/9. MGO stuff will go up on 6/16.

For now, no one's allowed to talk about story details or anything like that.

I'm currently 8 hours in and have barely scratched the surface in Afghanistan in terms of collectibles, side missions and optional objectives. It's insane.

Game's looking good, and some of the missions are especially ingenious. I had some trouble getting through one recently where I had to use C4, grenade launchers and rockets to take out a tank convoy while dozens of enemies tried to flank me from a village on top of a mountain. And they're way more ruthless and able than the ones in previous games (probably due to the open-world thing).

I may be able to answer some questions later, so feel free to ask non-story-related ones.

As a Metal Gear fan, I'm more hyped than ever.

Oh, and DD the dog is the cutest freaking thing ever."

Mexen

I think it's going to be very different from MGO2 which had that horrible Konami login account nonsense. We'll just have to wait and find out. I'm sure it will be easy to invite your friends on PSN or Xbox Live to a party.

Ah so, cool stuff. Gonna have to subscribe to a decent ISP and create that PSN account if it comes to that.

Mexen

What system are you going to be on? I think the majority is going to be on PS4.

I share a PS3 with my cousin so maybe the first month or two, I'll be on that platform (here's to hoping a few of you will be on 3 then too).
However, I'm saving for a PS4. No, I don't mind having two copies of TPP.

Rajang

I share a PS3 with my cousin so maybe the first month or two, I'll be on that platform (here's to hoping a few of you will be on 3 then too).
However, I'm saving for a PS4. No, I don't mind having two copies of TPP.

I'm on PS3 and PC atm and I'm getting a PS4 as well.

I already have the PS4 CE pre-ordered. I will get the PC version when it goes on sale.

Are we certain that guy was at the event? Could be a troll, especially as he's the only one that has tweeted something that could constitute a story spoiler.

Of course, it doesn't sound unbelievable either... MGS makes references like that all the time between sequels, sometimes without any direct relation. Like Paz quoting Ocelot with "I'm taking it back".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom