• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Indeed

Lancelet Pink said:
I have a couple of questions:

Is there any way to heal yourself?
What gun and attachments do you use?

I've been using M4 with grip, and red dot.

1) Id like to know that too =/. Dont think thats possible though.
2) Seeing that with a SVD i have the best kill/death ratio im sticking to it. Nearly lvl 3 with sniper rifles too =).

How exactly do you get a M4 with grip and red dot? Only in DrebinPoint games right?

Indeed

Lancelet Pink said:
Yeah.

I was pretty sure you couldn't heal yourself, it cuts down on epic killing sprees.

So that means im stuck with M4 vs SVD matches for the rest of my mgo life :S?

greenjerk said:
Has anyone else tried that? hold select to turn the mic on in game? i wasn't aware of that.

Yeah, that's...that's how you use the mic. It's not open mic in the game. Hold select and you'll see "VOICE CHAT ON" come up.

Oni Jazar

Same here! I would talk and no one would hear me. Arg.

I'm loving MGO so far. I think that it plays better then the Beta. Now I seem to be getting more kills and any time I die I know I screwed up. Maybe it's because there are still a lot of noobs playing.

... speaking of which box hiding has been VERY effective. Those bastards never knew what hit 'em!

So pissed that I missed getting into the GAF clan. Take a break for a few hours and bam it's full.

FabCam

Indeed said:
So that means im stuck with M4 vs SVD matches for the rest of my mgo life :S?

At the moment, yes. But as time goes on, people will be aware that DP games are more fun so they will become the norm.

todahawk

Oni Jazar said:
Same here! I would talk and no one would hear me. Arg.

I'm loving MGO so far. I think that it plays better then the Beta. Now I seem to be getting more kills and any time I die I know I screwed up. Maybe it's because there are still a lot of noobs playing.

... speaking of which box hiding has been VERY effective. Those bastards never knew what hit 'em!

ugh, i did MUCH better in the beta than the official retail MGO. i think i need to mess with my sensitivitity. i'm getting the drop on lots of people only to spray all over the damn place and alert them to my presence.

i did the box on TDM last night and two guys strolled right past me. I popped out and opened fire but both spun and killed me. another time i was up on some crates and the same two guys snuck by below. i waited til i had clear shots of their backs and let loose. didn't kill anyone and they turned and hid below me. i finally took out one before the other spotted me.

can't hit the broad side of the barn lately. in the beta i was getting headshots like crazy. maybe i'm just rusty.

Indeed

greenjerk said:
i did the box on TDM last night and two guys strolled right past me. I popped out and opened fire but both spun and killed me. another time i was up on some crates and the same two guys snuck by below. i waited til i had clear shots of their backs and let loose. didn't kill anyone and they turned and hid below me. i finally took out one before the other spotted me.

You sound like me trying to hit something with the P90 ........ or any weapon for that matter :S

FabCam said:
At the moment, yes. But as time goes on, people will be aware that DP games are more fun so they will become the norm.

Alright =/, damn thought i could unlock some weapons by getting lvl 3 in its skill, but i guess i wont be doing that :D

FabCam

Is it just me or has the game been balanced since the BETA? It seems to take less shots to the torso to kill. I used to have to unload a whole clip to the torso, but not it seems to be just several bullets for an assault rifle.

Teknoman

FabCam said:
Is it just me or has the game been balanced since the BETA? It seems to take less shots to the torso to kill. I used to have to unload a whole clip to the torso, but not it seems to be just several bullets for an assault rifle.

Alot of aspects have been tweaked. Apparently even the movement speed has been altered.

I just hope you can unlock more clothing options/ some of the rebel stuff.

That and they say MGS4 characters will show up in MGO eventually, so that should be intresting.

Oni Jazar

greenjerk said:
ugh, i did MUCH better in the beta than the official retail MGO. i think i need to mess with my sensitivitity. i'm getting the drop on lots of people only to spray all over the damn place and alert them to my presence.

can't hit the broad side of the barn lately. in the beta i was getting headshots like crazy. maybe i'm just rusty.

I have my good games and bad games. The important thing is to aim for the head or neck. Headshots take your opponent down instantly while chest shots can take days. You may want to change your aim sensetivity so that it's more steady.

FabCam

Teknoman said:
Alot of aspects have been tweaked. Apparently even the movement speed has been altered.

That and they say MGS4 characters will show up in MGO eventually, so that should be intresting.

I'm scared that the added character modes will cost money. That's not my main concern but the fact that the modes may not be down loadable from the PS Store and instead only from the MGO shop. That would fracture the community really badly.

Kazenone

Some random shots (Damn, I love taking pictures)

AmbushAlley.jpg

GronznyjGrad_1.jpg

GronznyjGrad_2.jpg

MidtownMaelstrom.jpg

todahawk

Oni Jazar said:
I have my good games and bad games. The important thing is to aim for the head or neck. Headshots take your opponent down instantly while chest shots can take days. You may want to change your aim sensetivity so that it's more steady.

thanks for the tips. yeah, i think i've been forgetting to aim up a bit. but i will check my sensitivity tonight. somethings goofy. i feel like i'm flailing around too much.

Kazenone

FabCam said:
How do you take in game pics?

a) You need to equip the Camera, and turn it on
b) Either using a second controller (R1) or USB Keyboard (Print Screen) you can save pictures. It removes the main HUD

It saves to the MGO Photo Album, and then you export each individually.

Teknoman

Also sometimes its good to leave the rifles on full auto, but just tap fire from far away. That way you dont have to waste time switching firing modes and risk getting shot.

dork

Banned
peetfeet said:
Whats your character name? i'll add you.

I guess i'll persevere with it off and maybe play around with the settings

dorkimoe

When I make a game I always have Drebin points on, I'm going to play a little before work, making a server soon (Unless one is up)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Teknoman said:

It'd be cool if some of that stuff was an exclusive prize via tournament, or beating Kojipro..or something. Winning would unlock it for the entire clan.

dork

Banned
JoeFu said:
Anybody up for some games now? Haven't played in a while and I really want to play with some of you guys.

Putting up a gaf room here in a sec

check octacon in about 2 minutes

todahawk

shagg_187 said:

i'll be on tonight about 10-11PM EST. I'll look for the neogaf otacon room and if not i'll try to set one up (if i can resolve my game hosting problem)

re: hosting a game, did anyone half to change the default upload rate? I'm on a business class DSL line and I should have enough upload to host. I need to double check which ports i have open on my router too.

dork

Banned
Do you have to level up CQC before you can slit throats online? BEcause twice now I have grabbed someone and hit triangle and i just let them go..

Darkpen

Banned
does anyone remember who originally drew up the foxhound-looking logo that incorporated the neogaf colors on their computer?

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
How do I level up anyway? Is it based on how many points I earn, how many hours I play, or how often I use a certain skill?

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
dork said:
Do you have to level up CQC before you can slit throats online? BEcause twice now I have grabbed someone and hit triangle and i just let them go..
You need CQC level 1 and Blades level 3 IIRC

sykoex said:
How do I level up anyway? Is it based on how many points I earn, how many hours I play, or how often I use a certain skill?

If you are talking about Skill leveling, then it depends on how often you use a certain skill. If you have selected e.g. Sniper+ as your skill, you have to get kills via Sniper.

dork

Banned
Alright thanks. Because otherwise I would have kept trying that haha

haha half of my name is censored online

can't say dork

Teknoman

andycapps said:
I'm down for Fox Unit when someone starts it. Game ID is andy_capps, PSN is andycapps.

Only character name is needed for friends list and clan searching.

shagg_187 said:
I'll create FOX Unit if you people don't mind cause i feel naked without a clan :(

Make sure its got NeoGAF in the front since I think there's already a FOX Unit clan out there.

Top Bottom