• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

a1m

Banned
Oh hai guise. First time playing MGO after the beta.

No one probably remembers me but I was in the clan and now I'm wondering how can I apply again :b

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Teknoman said:
Only character name is needed for friends list and clan searching.

Make sure its got NeoGAF in the front since I think there's already a FOX Unit clan out there.

cool so the game id is just needed for registration, only character name for friends list...good.

dork

Banned
Teknoman you missed some good battles earlier.

Some guy threw me down and i rolled over and looked back just in time to see my teamate shoot his head off

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
dork said:
Teknoman you missed some good battles earlier.

Some guy threw me down and i rolled over and looked back just in time to see my teamate shoot his head off
Love it when that happens, at UU I'm usually the shooter. I really need to finish single player tonight so I can get back into MGO.

peetfeet

dork said:
dorkimoe

When I make a game I always have Drebin points on, I'm going to play a little before work, making a server soon (Unless one is up)

I'll add you tomorrow, i must warn you i couldnt hit a barn door at the moment

Arnie

Ok if a Euro clan gets created, im down. Loving MGO alot. I still think the maps seem a bit similar but thats ok. MM is a blast. Does anyone think that Grojny Grad really drops in framerate compared to the other maps. It is kind of becoming unplayable in my eyes because i rely on headshots. My character name is ARNIE LFC. Add me if you want to play. Im an eagle btw.

Facism

-ARNiE- said:
Ok if a Euro clan gets created, im down. Loving MGO alot. I still think the maps seem a bit similar but thats ok. MM is a blast. Does anyone think that Grojny Grad really drops in framerate compared to the other maps. It is kind of becoming unplayable in my eyes because i rely on headshots. My character name is ARNIE LFC. Add me if you want to play. Im an eagle btw.

ill add you now. jumping into MGO. Character name is Live_Feed

dork

Banned
peetfeet said:
I'll add you tomorrow, i must warn you i couldnt hit a barn door at the moment

Don't worry I can't half the time either.

Either people are using auto aim, or people are really nuts. I will wait around a corner for someone, they come around the corner, I shoot first and they just 1 shot my face off everytime

Have to work tonight, i will be on most of the day tomorrow.

I thought about putting up a dedicated while I'm at work, but i need to edit the playlist and i'm already late

Oni Jazar

There are no invites, you have to apply. Problem is the only GAF clan is already full and you need 20 hours and 3 levels to start a clan.

I'm having a ton of fun playing this with my friend. I now have a +100 on my Kill to death ratio :D

Jumped up from lvl 3 to lvl 5 last night. Who is highest on here?

I really wish I could find a way to play with gaffers, but alas I have the Japanese version and there doesn't seem to be a way around the server lock. :(

I was thinking about trying to set up a Jgaf clan but I really don't know if there are enough people who will play.

Righty10

Oni Jazar said:
There are no invites, you have to apply. Problem is the only GAF clan is already full and you need 20 hours and 3 levels to start a clan.
Oh shit, I totally forgot about that part.

What GAF clans do we have open? Playing with randoms sucks.

Facism

Seiken's brother seems to be perpetually stuck at the PS3 so i don't think we'll be expecting the Euro clan anytime soon :p I'm only at 10 hours myself, so a week from now if i do it :/

Nozdeuce

There's currently a warning for server maintenance that's apparently going to happen soon. It warns you to log out before it starts, and then never tells you when it starts :lol

Shouta

Oh man, I just had like the 10th attempted kick on me in the last few days for using the Shotgun. What the fuck is up with these people? :lol

borsdy

Banned
Is there MGO gameplay videos out? I'm looking for ones that basically start at spawn and just play round after round showcasing maps' bottlenecks and stuff.

Darkpen

Banned
Shouta said:
Oh man, I just had like the 10th attempted kick on me in the last few days for using the Shotgun. What the fuck is up with these people? :lol
:lol

people in MGO tend to have a stick stuck up their ass when things don't go their way.

Duderz

Banned
Man, I tried to connect for almost an hour with no luck. Are the servers down or something? (Or maintenance? I tried to connect about 3 hours ago.)

Volcynika

greenjerk said:
Sonofa.... i just logged on!

I was playing a game, and a guy was climbing up the ladder to my sniper perch, and I was gonna pick him off. But right before he got in my sights SERVER GOES DOWN.

@Duderz: Regular maintenance between 17:00 and 19:00 PST on Mondays, apparently.

Farnack

Banned
Shouta said:
Yeah, a lot of douchebag servers. Really need some gaf servers rollin about all day long. It's too bad my connection is not good enough for a lot of players.

Dang server maintenance! I was just getting into the swing of things today too.

Shouta said:

It's probably left over hate from the original MGO. There were a lot of no shotgun allowed rooms I remember. I never understood why, but it sucks. What region do you play in? If NA we have enough for Gaf games now where hopefully you wouldn't get booted from those. ;]

Shouta

It's funny though, after they tried to kick me and failed followed by going "lol, shotty", I went and killed 6 guys in a row with 3 within a matter of seconds. So awesome.

So whats the word on Gaf clan part 2? I feel alone in a new and strannge world. Also, i cant get my headset to work. Its connected, it can use it in single player but havent a clue how to use it online. Any tips?

Nozdeuce

Shouta said:
It's funny though, after they tried to kick me and failed followed by going "lol, shotty", I went and killed 6 guys in a row with 3 within a matter of seconds. So awesome.
You should try working in a stun knife or two, that should make them feel better :lol Getting double-stuns is so awesome.

Shouta

Nozdeuce said:
You should try working in a stun knife or two, that should make them feel better :lol Getting double-stuns is so awesome.

Oh yeah, I do that on Drebin Point maps. I load up the V.Ring rounds on the shotty, stun them and then knife them or wait until they're up and Stun Knife again! Slugs rock for the shotty but so expensive ;(

Nozdeuce

Shouta said:
Oh yeah, I do that on Drebin Point maps. I load up the V.Ring rounds on the shotty, stun them and then knife them or wait until they're up and Stun Knife again! Slugs rock for the shotty but so expensive ;(
Nice, that's truly heroic. Got any good advice for shotgunning? I could really use some, I'm horrible at it.

Top Bottom