• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Online Official Thread -- NeoGAF clan now up!

Teknoman

If you make a second, third, fourth, or whatever GAF squad, just make sure its got NeoGAF in the front, then maybe an animal or whatever you want. Just nothing...too plain :lol No NeoGAF #2's or anything.

Facism

alr1ghtstart said:
played a bit today, I am terrible. :lol

Konami ID and Game ID was a fucking awful decision. Game ID would not work at all (i wished to use my PSN name), but I see it's not even used in MGO.

Only having 1 available slot to create a character is a WTF moment. Luckily I'm the only one playing it on my machine.

I really loved the Snake missions.

Well, 2 of us using 1 ID here. Really terrible that they limit it to one slot, and sell you 4 more for £4.

I'm really getting into MGO again. 5 hours, level 3, 236 kills, 125 death, 101 headshots. <3 stun nades on A.A.

Farnack

Banned
Teknoman said:
Nice it fit? What are you guys gonna make your logo?
Should GAFanize this logo.

Metal_Gear_Solid_Portable_Ops_Logo_1_b.jpg

Teknoman

bloody pirate said:
SO only 1 US clan? we cant have 2?

also why is it you can only search for people who are online? or is something wrong?

We are going to have multiple NeoGAF clans. As many as are needed. When one fills up then someone else creates another.

dork

Banned
Teknoman said:
We are going to have multiple NeoGAF clans. As many as are needed. When one fills up then someone else creates another.

I was wondering why you haven't went to sleep yet. Then I realized...it was the same day and I just passed out for a little bit...

dork

Banned
Teknoman said:
:lol Yeah its just 9:38pm over here.

Same here...dude I'm tripping. THis is why I don't take naps. I had no clue where I was and what day it was....crap I'm going to lay down....

Left the ps3 on...so im sweating

TDG

Banned
Hey guys, I don't own the game (but I might when I buy my PS3 later this year), I was just curious as to what kind of population MGO is getting so far. I'm curious because from videos I've seen, it doesn't look like the most accessable multiplayer game, and it looks different from most multiplayer games on the market.

Just curious.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
the disgruntled gamer said:
Hey guys, I don't own the game (but I might when I buy my PS3 later this year), I was just curious as to what kind of population MGO is getting so far. I'm curious because from videos I've seen, it doesn't look like the most accessable multiplayer game, and it looks different from most multiplayer games on the market.

Just curious.
In NA i don't think it's cracked 1000 concurrent users. People are still playing through MGS4 single player, either for their first or 17th time. Once single player is largely out of the way things should heat up on the MGO side.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
...not to mention that you 3 IDs (4 including PSN) just to play the game. It's a little ridiculous. It probably will discourage a bunch of people.

Teknoman

the disgruntled gamer said:

Just curious.

If you like Metal Gear, dont just rush into a fight, and actually think before you attack, the player should be fine.

Volcynika

I've been having some fun with it, even if I suck. I think I've died tons of times by now. Not a huge fan of free for all matches, I feel much more comfortable in the game when playing team based matches. I'm enjoying setting up shop somewhere and sniping though. Might play some tonight.

alr1ghtstart said:
...not to mention that you 3 IDs (4 including PSN) just to play the game. It's a little ridiculous. It probably will discourage a bunch of people.

Online gaming has changed. Players requiring player data. Player Data requiring a Game ID. Game IDs requiring a Konami ID. Konami ID requiring a PSN account. PSN account requiring an email account.

AkuMifune

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
What in the hell? I accepted you into the NA clan. You're seriously in Asia?
you're totally getting kicked

What region PS3 and MGS4 do you have? This is really interesting...and weird.

Ahh! Don't kick me! Asian PS3 & Asian version of the game. I'm in Taiwan. They must have put the Asian people in the with US people, as opposed to the JPN servers. (?)

Wait, it said my Clan leader is DFYB is that right?

I saw the clan and people playing online from GAF last night, so I've got to be on the same servers. This is the game I'll be playing for awhile, so if I am out, maybe we should set up a secondary Clan. Seems like there are more people interested than there are spaces available...

Nozdeuce

AkuMifune said:
Ahh! Don't kick me! Asian PS3 & Asian version of the game. I'm in Taiwan. They must have put the Asian people in the with US people, as opposed to the JPN servers. (?)

Wait, it said my Clan leader is DFYB is that right?

I saw the clan and people playing online from GAF last night, so I've got to be on the same servers. This is the game I'll be playing for awhile, so if I am out, maybe we should set up a secondary Clan. Seems like there are more people interested than there are spaces available...
Dfyb was one of the people who edited the clan message of the day/comment board thing. It's weird your able to play with us NAers.

As people hit 20 hours they'll drop out and start new NeoGAF clans.

Teknoman

Linkzg said:
Online gaming has changed. Players requiring player data. Player Data requiring a Game ID. Game IDs requiring a Konami ID. Konami ID requiring a PSN account. PSN account requiring an email account.

jiypky.jpg

Nozdeuce said:
Dfyb was one of the people who edited the clan message of the day/comment board thing. It's weird your able to play with us NAers.

As people hit 20 hours they'll drop out and start new NeoGAF clans.

Hmm well that seems pretty good. That way NeoGAF force will keep growing with additional squads. Though we still cant have too many branches at once. Just enough so everyone who wants to play, can do so. But yeah, Isnt the NeoGAF BigBoss unit up? I know Fox and Frog should be up soon.

Sallokin

If it's at all possible I think the fox unit clan should redo their emblem to match the kojima productions lightning fox. The wolfish looking one was awesome, but again, it was wolfish... Can't wait to get in on some clan action though.

Nozdeuce

Teknoman said:
Hmm well that seems pretty good. That way NeoGAF force will keep growing with additional squads. Though we still cant have too many branches at once. Just enough so everyone who wants to play, can do so. But yeah, Isnt the NeoGAF BigBoss unit up? I know Fox and Frog should be up soon.
Thats mostly what I meant, new clans to fill the holes. I'm not sure how Fox and Frog are progressing I think for now the beta Frog leader is residing with us. Wasn't BigBoss just a joke? I can't tell :(

ToyMachine228 said:
Is the only way to get a Konami ID through your PS3? I can't seem to find a way to get to it through my laptop. Any help?
This looks like it during the beta it was the only way to register, was fun too, with the site being hammered and crashing all the time.

Teknoman

Sallokin said:
If it's at all possible I think the fox unit clan should redo their emblem to match the kojima productions lightning fox. The wolfish looking one was awesome, but again, it was wolfish... Can't wait to get in on some clan action though.

Yeah lightning fox would be better. Also that would leave room for Wolf unit :lol

Darkpen

Banned
the wolf unit emblem sucked. The one someone drew up that looks like the foxhound emblem was waaaay better D:

So big boss unit, huh.

I'd like to make the emblem for that D:

Nozdeuce

Darkpen said:
the wolf unit emblem sucked. The one someone drew up that looks like the foxhound emblem was waaaay better D:

So big boss unit, huh.

I'd like to make the emblem for that D:
Only as a rental :lol

SumGamer

Damn, this shit feels so satisfying. Just play dead for a bit then someone run over me unnoticed so I get up and CQC the guy then give him a shot to sleep before robbing him
follow by a stab in the head
. MGO is really awesome
with some bullshit pricing and marketing elements

BTW GAF, I might joined you sometime.I'm from Asian so not sure if its gonna lag or not need to level up my CQC and knife a bit. I'm getting owned all the time in public rooms :lol . My character name is 'Rob G', not gonna be in GAF clan though. I'll get into a caln probably with my friends then come and kick you asses
or getting my ass kick
. Fear us, fear, FEAR!!!

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
This is the first online game I genuinely enjoy. It's too bad they sent it to die with the convoluted registration process.

So wait, if I want to play with a friend, what do I give them, my PSN ID, my Konami ID, or my game ID? :lol

FabCam

sykoex said:
This is the first online game I genuinely enjoy. It's too bad they sent it to die with the convoluted registration process.

So wait, if I want to play with a friend, what do I give them, my PSN ID, my Konami ID, or my game ID? :lol

None of them, you have to add the character name. :lol

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
sykoex said:

I think it's your characters name.

Question, why would I want more than one character?

Top Bottom